Wrestling Forum banner

RAW TV Ratings Thread: Pointless Mark Wars Over Various Numbers

46185 974
Greetings, Red Brand Enthusiasts & Detractors!

We have a NEWWWW Thread!

1 - 20 of 975 Posts

· Registered
9,115 Posts
One side: Incredible numbers! Raw dominated the night

Other side: Record low viewership. Raw in tailspin

Both can be right and wrong simultaneously. It kind of hit me yesterday...in a world five years from now where Raw is still on terrestrial television, would being Number 1-3 in its Monday night time slot still matter if they only had 450K viewers? At what point does overall television attrition make winning the time slot symbolic, rather than significant?

· Registered
10,411 Posts
Can anybody honestly sit thru the full 3 hours of RAW without either falling asleep or being on your phone half the time?

· Registered
2,778 Posts
One side: Incredible numbers! Raw dominated the night

Other side: Record low viewership. Raw in tailspin

Both can be right and wrong simultaneously. It kind of hit me yesterday...in a world five years from now where Raw is still on terrestrial television, would being Number 1-3 in its Monday night time slot still matter if they only had 450K viewers? At what point does overall television attrition make winning the time slot symbolic, rather than significant?
Winning the time slot and demos are meaningless for WWE. WWE needs that overall viewership number to remain significant enough that it keeps USA as one of the top 10-ish cable channels for carriage fee purposes. I think WWE programming still makes sense financially for USA for the next 5-7 year horizon but to me it makes no sense for Fox. Maybe Fox re-ups with SD but it sure seems like WWE is shifting the emphasis back towards Raw which you would think they would only do if they were anticipating not going past the current contract with Fox.

I don’t know that 7 hours makes sense for USA so I guess the question is, will NBCU invest even more into WWE than they are now and if not who will take SD? The last go ‘round WWE only had serious interest from Fox & USA with ESPN only interested if their UFC plan fell through. And USA really only could afford Raw/NXT. So what happens to SD if Fox & ESPN aren’t at the table this time?

· Premium Member
61,214 Posts
Despite RAW being on a Holiday and against a Game 7 against an NYC market team, and AEW coming off it's biggest show of the year with a World Title change to the biggest name on their roster (Punk) and the big MJF Worked shoot, RAW still beat Dynamite in the Demo and overall viewers. Don't wanna hear anything from a certain someone ever again.

HOLY SHIT! :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
9,115 Posts
Hours 1 & 2 finished above 1.9 million and all three hours were .50 and up in the demo. Look at that Male 18-49 demo. .67 hour 2 and .64 hour 1. Hour 3 did a .62 in the Male 18-49 demo. DAMN!

They are at the top of a rapidly dwindling terrestrial pool. Kudos I guess.

But how much will it mean in June 2026 when they are number one with 424K viewers?

Or in June 2031 when they win the night with 98k terrestrial viewers on USA?

· Premium Member
61,214 Posts
They are at the top of a rapidly dwindling terrestrial pool. Kudos I guess.

But how much will it mean in June 2026 when they are number one with 424K viewers?

Or in June 2031 when they win the night with 98k terrestrial viewers on USA?
Guess it depends how much they are getting paid by NBCU, or if they are on a streaming network by then.

1 - 20 of 975 Posts