Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
This isn't really a surprise.

For the last couple months, it's only Smackdown that has been selling pretty well. Raw has been struggling since around the end of August. I think there have only been 1 or 2 shows where it did well in terms of tickets. The one they advertised Reigns for a dark match a few weeks ago, and I think there was another one. But it may have just been that show.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Half ... they sold 4k tickets to an NBA arena that holds 20k ... for wrestling it would usually hold close to 15.
That’s what they drew in 1995 in Houston, when they held Raw in an NBA arena as opposed to a small venue for only the second time ever. It was the second anniversary episode. Arena is very dark and curtained off.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
6,601 Posts
I mean that's the norm for most wrestling shows now, RAW and Dynamite regularly have plenty of empty seats and it's not uncommon for SmackDown to have weeks like that too. That's just modern wrestling, you don't often have sellouts anymore.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,487 Posts

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Only 4k peeps came to watch RAW in San Francisco? The Golden State Warriors have no problems selling out their games. Yikes. This is bad.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts