Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone really like this supershow crap? I know we have had it for a while but honestly I just dont like it. It killed off the mid-card, killed off SD, and essentially killed the WWE Draft which was one of the things I liked seeing every year.

I liked it better when a SD Superstar showed up on RAW and it was a big deal. It just seems unnecessary to have SD guys on RAW every single week. I dont even know who is on SD and who is on RAW anymore.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I dont see how you cant like it because it is effectively the same as what would have happened every week anyway , and its allowing Ryback, Epico, Primo, Cessaro, Sandow, Titus, hawkins, tyler reks, etc to actually get some air time.

The roster is so thing that this is necessary.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
The reason you dont know who is on which dhow any more is because its no longer or almost no longer relevant, WWE are phasing out the brand split and thats why both titles appear on both shows.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
The Raw SuperShow concept was not one that was supposed to improve the WWE but instead be a way to merge the thinning roster, fill up the soon to be 3 hours of airtime, and move all relevant talent to Raw since they had completely given up on Smackdown. It was another one of their quick fix solutions.

The biggest change that happened was that Smackdown has become completely irrelevant. Ever since the SuperShow concept, there hasn't been a point to Smackdown. All of the top Smackdown talent and storylines is on Raw. So what is left is two hours of Raw recaps, squash matches, and additional chances to get new talent over with the crowd. There's no direction for Smackdown and no purpose for it to actually exist besides to meet international and domestic airtime obligations.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Raw SuperShow concept was not one that was supposed to improve the WWE but instead be a way to merge the thinning roster, fill up the soon to be 3 hours of airtime, and move all relevant talent to Raw since they had completely given up on Smackdown. It was another one of their quick fix solutions.

The biggest change that happened was that Smackdown has become completely irrelevant. Ever since the SuperShow concept, there hasn't been a point to Smackdown. All of the top Smackdown talent and storylines is on Raw. So what is left is two hours of Raw recaps, squash matches, and additional chances to get new talent over with the crowd. There's no direction for Smackdown and no purpose for it to actually exist besides to meet international and domestic airtime obligations.
Theres chances but it isnt happening it seems.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Merging SD with RAW is the most logical decision the WWE could do right now. The ratings are bad and honestly saying we all know if WWE had only one show per week it would be way better than the crap they're feeding us now via 2 shows...

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Theres chances but it isnt happening it seems.
That's true. But it's because Smackdown's booking overall is awful. Cesaro debuted one week and then was off the next. They debuted him without a storyline. Primetime Players were completely forgotten about until R-Truth got injured. Sandow and Ryback are the only two that seems to have some consistency in booking but they are in squash matches. Both of them need an actual feud to get them over.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
That's true. But it's because Smackdown's booking overall is awful. Cesaro debuted one week and then was off the next. They debuted him without a storyline. Primetime Players were completely forgotten about until R-Truth got injured. Sandow and Ryback are the only two that seems to have some consistency in booking but they are in squash matches. Both of them need an actual feud to get them over.
Exactly. They expect us to be impressed by Goldberg wannabe Ryback who keeps on winning against guys nobody cares about. They should've booked him against some big shot and have Ryback win, that would impress some peeps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
TBH I think they may be resetting the brand split with new General Managers. I think Foley said that the Board of Directors were looking for new General ManagerS for Raw and Smackdown on Raw. They have a ton of talent on the fringes in developmental so they can work them in to fill out the rosters. They can also bring some guys like M.V.P., Carlito, etc. back as big "free agent" signings by the new GMs. After seeing Sandow and Cesaro get lost in the shuffle so quickly I think they are realizing it is tough to debut new talent in the current system which is why guys like Ambrose have been on the back burner forever.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The WWE should just have the rosters compete on both brands circa 1999-2002. They're somewhat doing that now but I'd rather have them officially end the brand extension's misery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts