Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO this is true. I havent watched SD in forever because all the main feuds are talked about on RAW. Back before this Supershow stuff, you actually had to tune into SD to see what was going on. Also the Supershow has basically killed off the mid-card completely.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Well, yes. Edge's departure put Smackdown on life support, and the plug was pulled the day they made that hideous decision.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have to say I agree with this too....Smackdown these days is mostly made up of Raw recaps and pointless squash matches. Initially I liked the SuperShow format but it has literally murdered the midcard, tag, Divas....pretty much every other division in the WWE.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant even differentiate between RAW and SD stars anymore. Remember the days when a SD guy showing up on RAW made headlines? Well..fuck not anymore.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Yeah, SD has been taking a beating with bad booking and low star power. And then when they get star power, it's pretty much a silly lazy booked seg of Cena/Ace or Cena squashing Wade while troll smiling at the cam. WWE is in dire need of some major star power. Jericho on SD was BOSS.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No lol.

WWE network is apparently coming soon.
How long until WWE Network gets scrapped after launch? I mean, yeah, it's gonna probably hit that rookie popularity that NFL Network hit. Actually, no, they're not. My chips are on it failing.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Since the supershow nonsense smackdown has been shit with good matches few and far between.Too many raw recaps,short squash matches and not enough focus on the midcard.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
WWE Network is going to be fail. No TV Companies want it.
"How about you invest millions into a TV channel dedicated exclusively to our increasingly less popular professional wrestling product!"

"LOL NO"

---
Yes, The SuperShow concept is not only killing SD!, but it has also already killed:
1. The midcard
2. The tag division (this is debatable)
3. The depth of the roster (same few people everywhere)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me its shit that had to be this way for SD. Iwonder if WWE will do a WWE draft this year? Seems kinda pointless.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
If I was booking (lol), I'd start strictly separating the the shows again AND I'd do a draft.

I might even do something shocking, like getting Orton back on RAW and Punk on Smackdown...
I'd try and air Smackdown live as often as possible, hopefully, on Thursdays.

IMO, simply by strictly separating the brands you are enticing the viewers to check both things out... IF you have stars that can draw... Obviously, WWE would need to do (in my scenario) something that they obviously don't do these days - constantly push (a lot) of young stars, develop the roster, try to make them look legitimate, take risks and create more storylines; someone said it, the plot aspects of "Urgency, Goal and Necessity" (or something like that) are key to actually interest the viewers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts