Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup peepz?

Watched SD! earlier, but forgot to post this thread, so I'm posting it now.

I do not know if this has been posted, sorry for my lazyness, if it has, close this thread.

Anyways, I was watching SD! and I saw a the commentators talk about Ezekiel Jackson coming to SD! next week.

Now for me, it is great news, cause I'm a fan of Ezekiel, and SD! is really the place he will shine the most.

SD! is in need of a midcard face, and Zeke fits the role perfectly since he's been a face ever since his return.

Anyways, does anybody know if anything is confirmed, or if it's just for one night or something?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Considering guys randomly appear on both shows all the time, I wouldn't get overly excited about it. I mean, it's Zeke, so I wouldn't get excited anyway. But you know what I mean.

However, if it is a legit move, it's a very good decision on WWE's part. SmackDown needs depth and Zeke has no where to go on Raw, so it's a win-win.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Yes! More lost souls to the midcard scene! He'll find himself doing weekly appearances on Superstars again after they run out of ideas with him (I give it two weeks). Tyler Reks should know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good move for him

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
It was where he was supposed to be when ECW ended. He'll be a midcard, but like someone said, he'll get more exposure so it's a good thing for him.

·
Asuka
96,354 Posts
More exposure? LOL, he went from the A brand to the B brand. He's getting around a million (if my figures are accurate) less viewers seeing him per week now.

I'm amazed they moved him considering Raw has even LESS faces now.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
More exposure? LOL, he went from the A brand to the B brand. He's getting around a million (if my figures are accurate) less viewers seeing him per week now.

I'm amazed they moved him considering Raw has even LESS faces now.
SMH, Im talking more more exposure as in more tv time. On Raw he only did squash matches. On SD! he'll get more tv time.

·
Asuka
96,354 Posts
First off, how do you know that? The entire midcard of SmackDown and Raw could switch on a dime and they'd get the same amount of time. The only real amount of time is given to the main eventers or upper, upper midcarders. Zeke fits somewhere in the middle, which basically means he's probably going to flounder, just squashing guys like he already does. He'll be like the reverse version of Masters. Never advances anywhere, but he gets squash wins instead of losses. Secondly, more tv time isn't gonna do much if he's getting watched by so many less people. And he's definately not getting a main event push.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
SMH, Im talking more more exposure as in more tv time. On Raw he only did squash matches. On SD! he'll get more tv time.
What makes you think he would do any less squashes this time around? Going past the 2 minute mark would expose his weaknesses, better keep it short and uneventful.

Probably isn't even a permanent deal.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,810 Posts
If they really want to make Ezekiel Jackson into a big star as a babyface, my proposal is he retires Kane. Glenn Jacobs is nearing the ripe old age of 44, after this WHC reign it's questionable what he'll be able to do anymore, and at this stage of his career it'd be awfully anticlimactic for him to drop the belt, only to resume his toiling in the midcard. Having Undertaker retire Kane makes storyline sense and everything but it does nothing for anybody. At this point, if Jackson were to retire Kane, it'd be reasonably believable and also be a huge shot in the arm of a Jackson push.

I'm guessing Jackson was moved for two reasons: (a), Smackdown needs a big babyface somewhere in the midcard anyway, but more importantly for Jackson specifically (b), they really do want to do something with the guy. He himself is nearing 33 years of age, just about the uppermost point for a "Youth Movement" project, like Alberto Del Rio, so his time, should it come, is probably in the near future. Let's not forget how "switching brands" changed things drastically for Sheamus and then Jack Swagger, one more permanently than the other, but nevertheless...

·
Banned
295 Posts
He really needs to finish with the Torture Rack. That half-assed Rock Bottom is not doing him any favors and does not really show off his size or strength.

·
18,810 Posts
Agreed, they need to bring back the Torture Rack finisher of his. Especially since he's a face and they don't care very much if heels submit to a babyface's submission hold. There are way too many uranges and halfway Rock Bottoms and chokeslams and variegated derivatives and modifications of same right now.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Agreed, they need to bring back the Torture Rack finisher of his. Especially since he's a face and they don't care very much if heels submit to a babyface's submission hold. There are way too many uranges and halfway Rock Bottoms and chokeslams and variegated derivatives and modifications of same right now.
I'd love to see the Torture Rack make a comeback. However, Mason Ryan is currently using it in FCW and I have a feeling he'll continue to do so when he's called up. Maybe they should go the whole hog with Jackson's Ahmed Johnson tribute act and give him the Tigerbomb.

·
18,810 Posts
Yes, I'd definitely be down with Jackson adopting the Tigerbomb.

And while they're at it, bring back Jack Swagger's Red, White and Blue Thunderbomb.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It looks as though Vince has decided on who's going to take MVP's spot on SD. Zeke doesn't do much for me but he hasn't really been given the opportunity to show what he's capable of since coming back. Hopefully they give him a shot to do something in a feud instead of just squashing a guy like Barretta or Chavo every week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts