Wrestling Forum banner
241 - 253 of 253 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
18,636 Posts
Pretty okay Raw minus the fact that all except one Women's match were plodding.

Solid Main Event between Orton/Lashley that ended in a decent but not too memorable MITB cash in, Congrats to Big E.

Alexa was a treat as per usual loved her work tonight.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,081 Posts
Most people (myself included) thought it was just going to be a tease but they actually delivered a title change. Good stuff!

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
This week's RAW was better than previous weeks for sure. Nice opening segment with Big E arriving to RAW to show that he is serious about cashing in for the night. Charlotte/Bazler was a good match too as it was very lengthy. This is the Bazler that I want to see. Not the one that eats pins to protect Nia Jax. The crowd seemed to enjoy seeing Alexa Bliss confronting Charlotte though and I guess I enjoyed that one too. Damien Priest vs Jeff Hardy for the US Title was a solid match too. But WWE, you just had Hardy out there chasing after the 24/7 Title. You want us to forget that?

All the other tag team matches were whatever to me. I get that they are building up this random team of Ripley and Nikki A.S.H and I dont mind them becoming Champs someday. Omos continues to get strong booking. He finished that tag team match with the win for his team. Hey, Eva Marie may suck at wrestling but her lost to Doudrop had her doing more than I can imagine. She took some bumps. Great main event between Lashley/Orton. PPV worthy for sure. But that ending. I am sure the WWE had to do something to get us talking since AEW has been getting a lot of attention lately. They had get a big moment and that is Big E cashing in to become the new WWE Champ. We have a babyface Champion and happy for Big E. See how this goes.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Disappointed about Lashley losing the title but fuck it, I'll give a Big E title reign a shot and see if WWE does anything worth a damn with it. Odds are we're now going to be getting Big E vs Lashley at Extreme Rules which should be a good match at least.

Outside of that I don't have much that I found all that remarkable. Nothing truly incredibly but nothing that really annoyed me either.

I’ve never related to a WWE superstar more than I related to Mustafa Ali during Mansoor and New Days’ dancing entrance.

Also why is Mace wearing booty shorts? I’m not complaining, I’m just curious.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,231 Posts
You really thought they’d have the company’s top guy drop the belt to this geek after a year+ long run? 🤨
Big E would be the more talented world champion for sure in that case.

·
Southern Pride
5,565 Posts
RAW actually was decent. It also helps to watch it the next morning and be able to skip through the boring matches. lol I can't say that the show overall was boring because it wasn't.

Alexa really is awesome. I still wish that she would go back to being the Goddess but her messing with Charlotte is interesting. Alexa and Charlotte both with the "yes" and "no" was amusing.

Randy wearing headphones while Riddle is talking..."you're a great listener"... good stuff.

Please Shayna, just walk away from Nia Jax.

They had Eva Marie look dumb with her strategy of wrestling Doudrop. I don't mind Eva losing but really... trying to overpower Doudrop?

Vince has for sure been in Priests ear. That guy is basically smiling from the moment that he makes his entrance to the moment that he walks to the back. Ugh. It's too much when it doesn't look genuine on Priests face.

Big E cashing in successfully on RAW last night I didn't think would happen but it did. I am okay with it. Big E will bring excitement on RAW. The crowd clearly was behind him on the show.

Reactions: Butt_Soup

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,231 Posts
Yeah we get it, you don’t like Reigns. Change the record…
Sure, as soon as we have ourselves a new Universal Champion though :)

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Really enjoyed Lashley vs Orton thanks to that hot crowd really behind Orton. They also popped pretty big for Big E title win.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Well ... I tuned in and watched the full episode of RAW for the first time in 7 months this week because I wanted to see Big E's promo, backstage segments, and his cash-in - and also because a YouTube Review channel that I trust for decent wrestling opinions said that this was the best RAW of 2021 and a "5 Out Of 5".

I mean ... it was an OK episode of wrestling TV. Not gonna lie. But man, RAW is still really not fun to watch for the most part. Big E's parts were good. MVP is still kicking ass on the mic, and RKBro has won me over with Randy as a full-on face. Plus, Alexa is killing it with the dark character. No complaints there.

But everything else took real effort to not skip. I feel like, if this were any other company, that "5/5" review would have been a "High 3/5", because just over half of the show was good, and overall the show was better than RAW's usual crap.

Based on this episode, I'll carry on catching the interesting bits on YouTube, but I'm certainly not giving almost 2 hours up to watch the whole thing. It's good to praise them for improvements ... but calling this 5/5 and making WWE think that this is as good as they NEED to go is not the way forward!

241 - 253 of 253 Posts