Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
... so are they just cancelling the match at Extreme Rules, or are we getting the same match twice in the space of like two weeks?

I guess if Extreme Rules is still on we know this match is going to end in a DQ finish or something to avoid giving it a definitive conclusion.

·
Premium Member
AEW fan!
239 Posts
I could not sit through watching Edge vs. Seth Rollins Part II.. I can not handle 2 matches with Bobby Lashley vs. Randy Orton

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I just have the sinking feeling they're going to completely derail Lashley just to give Orton a title reign he doesn't need. Like when they had him beat McIntyre for the WWE Championship only to lose it like a month later right back to him.

Honestly my dream outcome of this title match, and the one at Extreme Rules, is that Lashley just absolutely dominates and destroys Orton in decisive fashion. But I know they won't do that, because "rkO ouTta nOWHERe" pops the dumb Pavlovian dogs in the audience.

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
18,527 Posts
Free TV Title match....

Oh dear i think the only reason this is happening is because Goldberg is due back.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Big E said he'd be on RAW on Monday. Goldberg, in his last promo, said he just wanted revenge on Lashley, but not the WWE title. Hmmm...

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,795 Posts
I'll tune in for the Orton vs Lashley match and for whatever match Kross ends up having, nothing else worth seeing.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Big E said he'd be on RAW on Monday. Goldberg, in his last promo, said he just wanted revenge on Lashley, but not the WWE title. Hmmm...
God I hope they don't have the Almighty lose the WWE Championship at the hands of Oldberg and that prancing clown.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Big E's great. He's got more personality in his pinky finger than most wrestlers have in their entire bodies, and has always been a solid, physical worker with a good look. He should've been world champ years ago, and would be exceptionally good at doing media/interviews for the company as champion. I'd have absolutely no issue with him become world champion tomorrow, it that's in the cards. (Nothing against Bobby, who I like very much as well: he should be protected in loss.)

(i don't care one iota about Goldberg, and will be glad when he's fulfilled his contractual obligations this year, and disappears from TV.)

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Big E's great. He's got more personality in his pinky finger than most wrestlers have in their entire bodies, and has always been a solid, physical worker with a good look. He should've been world champ years ago, and would be exceptionally good at doing media/interviews for the company as champion. I'd have absolutely no issue with him become world champion tomorrow, it that's in the cards. (Nothing against Bobby, who I like very much as well: he should be protected in loss.) And that's all I'm gonna say on the matter.

(i don't care one iota about Goldberg, and will be glad when he's fulfilled his contractual obligations this year, and disappears from TV.)
For the sake of freshness and curiosity I'd be willing to see how they actually book Big E as WWE Champion. But only on the condition that it takes a stupid amount of stuff to finally keep Lashley down for 3. Like Goldberg spears him a couple times, Big E tries to cash in but Lashley kicks out, fights back, takes a Big Ending, still kicks out, and only then finally goes down to another Big Ending. Something like that.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Big E with that horrendous childish gimmick and cringey face pulls is an awful idea as WWE champion

Yeah hes a great worker and looks the part,but i cannot take to his embarassing gimmick,Im not 8 years old anymore

No good having all that charisma and wasting it on such a terrible gimmick

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
For the sake of freshness and curiosity I'd be willing to see how they actually book Big E as WWE Champion. But only on the condition that it takes a stupid amount of stuff to finally keep Lashley down for 3. Like Goldberg spears him a couple times, Big E tries to cash in but Lashley kicks out, fights back, takes a Big Ending, still kicks out, and only then finally goes down to another Big Ending. Something like that.
Yes, I agree that Lashley should not be put down easily. Assuming nothing happens tomorrow, and they're saving it for after the Goldberg match in Saudi, I'd say have Goldberg hit all of his big moves, but Lashley kicks out and puts him down dominantly, but perhaps holding his ribs from all of the spears. Then Big E cashes-in, but instead of a quick, one-move win, they end up having a long, competitive match, and it requires a couple of Big Endings to put him down.

Big E is more than capable of being serious or silly, depending on what the program requires. He's more than shown the capacity for that in interviews over the years, especially on that Talking Smack show, when Heyman was co-hosting. Some people want their champions to be uber-serious 100% of the time, but many of us prefer a bit more range in presentation. Again, nothing against Lashley, who's been doing good, intense work, but there's room for other performers to shine, and he's already carried the title for a good long while.

·
Southern Pride
5,531 Posts
Big E as Champ now with his natural personality would be fine. Wrestling isn't meant to be taken too seriously. Lashley is who he should cash in on but I doubt that it's happening any time soon.

As for the RAW preview... I don't get how Vince thinks that Lashley vs. Orton is going to get more people interested in watching the show. As if this is going to boost viewership on RAW. Especially not against the first MNF game of the season. Even if Orton were to win... I would care more that Lashley lost the title than that Orton won. The more interesting thing with Orton right now is him being in a tag team with Riddle.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts