Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://pwinsider.com/article/62415/the-fans-walked-out-on-raw-rating.html?p=1

PWInsider said:
The 10/10 Raw rating was very telling as a lot of fans were interested in how WWE would progress the "walk out" storyline and they left in droves when they saw what WWE had planned. Hour one did a 3.49 rating with 5,375,000 viewers while hour two did a 3.02 with 4,667,000 viewers. The message fans sent are pretty clear.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_54156.shtml

PWTorch said:
WWE Raw on Monday, October 10 scored a 3.25 rating, up two-tenths of a ratings point compared to last week and the highest rating since August 15 - the night after Summerslam. It shows strong interest in the fall-out from last week's "walk-out" angle.

The other big story was a 13 percent decline in second hour viewership compared to the first hour, which is the largest hour-to-hour decline of the past four years.

Overall, Raw averaged 5.02 million viewers, the most since Aug. 15. The first hour averaged 5.38 million viewers, which was the most since May 23 (19 weeks). The second hour then dropped to an average of 4.67 million viewers, indicating viewers lost interest in the show as it went on.

On cable TV Monday night, Raw ranked #2 overall and in key male demos behind ESPN's Monday Night Football, which averaged 16 million viewers. Raw also showed growth among adult females, as the f18-34 and f18-49 demos were up 15-20 percent compared to last week.

Among adult male viewers, Raw scored its highest rating since Aug. 15. Among males 12-34, Raw scored its highest rating since July. Among teen males 12-17 - a group that has checked out of Raw as of late - Raw scored its highest rating in the demo since June.

Caldwell's Analysis: It was the perfect storm for one of the largest drops in viewership I have on record: (a) More-than-usual interest in Raw during football season to draw in a large audience at the beginning, (b) a weak and illogical pay-off to the angle, and (c) a terrible show the rest of the way to send the audience away. People simply tuned out in droves after the first hour, which should send a message to WWE on where they are with this show creatively. But, WWE and USA Network's takeaway will likely be the highest fall season 2011 rating, highest demos since the summer, and a strong first hour audience, which means WWE will try to re-create more "what will happen next?" type angles rather than looking at the second hour audience to see there are major issues that need to be addressed with the product.
WWE screwed up, simple as that. Next week's going to be a big fall in ratings and viewership for them.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
This is hardly a failure.

The first hour did extremely well compared to previous weeks & the second hour has done just about the same compared to previous weeks.

Sure they fucked up the angle a bit but the ratings should be considered a success.

Apparently Triple h as COO draws huge numbers, stupid WWE now fucked that up with Vince firing him & Johnny ace replacing him. Disappointed :no::no:

Whats really funny is Dave Meltzer called this RAW episode as the worst raw of all time & predicted that raw wont even average a 2.7 lol

That Fucking tool.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I love ace as gm. And the (semi stable) of Christian Rhodes otunga ziggler and swagger. With Vicky. It's Gunna be awesome to see how this thing plays out

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
HHH v. Broomstick is preferable over CM Punk v. ADR... and that has nothing to do with CM Punk.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
i like how theyre attributing the decline in viewership to "LOLOLOLBADSTORYLINE"....and not the fact that, for the next 14 weeks, WWE has to compete with MNF. Am I saying the way they handled the story was good? NO. But did I turn it off because I disagreed with it? NO.

The fact of the matter is that you cant infer anything from numbers on a screen. For anyone to attempt to do so is just trying to find any reason they can to shit all over the program.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The first hour did extremely well compared to previous weeks & the second hour has done just about the same compared to previous weeks.

Sure they fucked up the angle a bit but the ratings should be considered a success.

Apparently Triple h as COO draws huge numbers, stupid WWE now fucked that up with Vince firing him & Johnny ace replacing him. Disappointed :no::no:
You're being short-sighted here. Sure, the first hour did brilliantly, but "the second hour has done just about the same compared to previous weeks" is a very bad sign.

Did you not read that there was an 13 percent decline in second hour viewership compared to the first hour, which is the largest hour-to-hour decline of the past four years?

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
i like how theyre attributing the decline in viewership to "LOLOLOLBADSTORYLINE"....and not the fact that, for the next 14 weeks, WWE has to compete with MNF. Am I saying the way they handled the story was good? NO. But did I turn it off because I disagreed with it? NO.

The fact of the matter is that you cant infer anything from numbers on a screen. For anyone to attempt to do so is just trying to find any reason they can to shit all over the program.
That being said for anyone to ignore the fact that the program is absolute shit right now is being a tad bit delusional.

See it works both ways.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
That being said for anyone to ignore the fact that the program is absolute shit right now
opinions are opinions..you have yours, I have mine. And 4.5 million other people have theirs...But to sit there and say "they lost ratings because 1 million people thought the storyline sucked" is silly.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
opinions are opinions..you have yours, I have mine. And 4.5 million other people have theirs...But to sit there and say "they lost ratings because 1 million people thought the storyline sucked" is silly.
Please point out where the hell I said Raw lost ratings. I think you are confusing me with someone that gives a fuck about ratings.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
no need to go on the defensive..it's ok that youre unfamiliar with what a generalization is.

I'm completely aware of what a generalization is...you're just confusing me with someone that gives a fuck about how many people watch a television show.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
You're being short-sighted here. Sure, the first hour did brilliantly, but "the second hour has done just about the same compared to previous weeks" is a very bad sign.

Did you not read that there was an 13 percent decline in second hour viewership compared to the first hour, which is the largest hour-to-hour decline of the past four years?
Largest decline because the first hour did very high rating. Second hour is bound to lose viewers. If, lets say the rock returns in the first hour of the show, the ratings will be huge right? then second hour would obviously have viewers tuning out.

I think the ratings did just fine.

I'm completely aware of what a generalization is...you're just confusing me with someone that gives a fuck about how many people watch a television show.

Well maybe you should coz superstars like Dolph ziggler or The Miz would be main eventing right now if they drew good numbers every week.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Yep. I knew that second hour drop was coming and really, I don't think anybody, including WWE should be surprised by this. The first hour was great, it was different and it had Triple H, Cena and Vince McMahon as well as Punk/Seamus on there too. The second hour quickly reverted back to the same old show with Trips/Cena/Vince all gone and a main event that previous ratings show nobody cares about. The problem for them now is that there is no big incentive to tune in next week other then Johnny Ace is the new GM. Given that the shows will be taped in Mexico I don't see them having much storyline progression heading into Vengeance, another filler PPV. So yeah, things probably aren't going to pick up again until the Raw after Vengeance as we head into the build for S.Series.

·
Registered
495 Posts

Whats really funny is Dave Meltzer called this RAW episode as the worst raw of all time & predicted that raw wont even average a 2.7 lol

That Fucking tool.
its not johnny ace being gm that was screwed. Its how the storytelling went. Everything became normal again, fucking anti climatic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts