Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1/10 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating with 4,600,000 viewers. They were even rating-wise with last week and the viewership was up by 100,000. Considering that the BCS Title game on ESPN did the highest audience in the history of cable with a 17.76 rating and 27,316,000 viewers, the Raw number is pretty damn good. The show did hours of 3.01 and 3.13.
pwinsider.com

So Cena's return adds 100,000 viewers

·
Banned
306 Posts
Actually surpised, thought it would go down some. I guess nothing actually does anything to change RAW's rating.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I always figured that the sports audience and wrestling audience were mostly separate. This pretty much proves it. That Oregon/Auburn game had the highest audience in cable history, and Raw rating didn't move a bit.

So we can stop with all that "so-and-so football teams were playing" excuse. I'm calling time of death on that one.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
A 3.1 rating for the third week in a row.

BCS? More like BS. Football has their audience. Wrestling has theirs. The same amount of people that watched Raw in the past will continue to watch it in the future. If you think a 3.1 is a bad rating, and should be higher, tough shit. 4 million viewers - that's WWE's audiencef. Find another excuse besides sports, because the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's turned into glue.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Just in comparison to 2010:

Jan 4 - 3.1 (1st live night TNA vs WWE)
Jan 11 - 3.7 (Mike Tyson Guest Host)
Jan 18 - 3.6
Jan 25 - 3.6
Feb 1 - 3.6 (William Shatner)
Feb 8 - 3.6 (Carl Edwards)

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
From 3.7 to 3.1.

WOW, Miz is really failing as a champion. I love the guy but he's not really working. It's time to give the belt to Cena again so the ratings can recover before the show its canceled for good.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
From 3.6 to 3.1.

WOW, Miz is really failing as a champion. I love the guy but he's not really working. It's time to give the belt to Cena again so the ratings can recover before the show its canceled for good.

Yeah, it's not like there was something better to watch on Monday night like a record-setting football game or anything. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts