Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night's episode of WWE Raw scored a 3.50 overall rating, with both hours scoring a 3.50 rating.

Raw was up a full tenth-of-a-rating point compared to last week's show. The show was also up nearly five percent compared to the 10-week average dating back to the middle of May.

The show averaged 5.19 million viewers over the course of two hours, including both hours above the 5.00 million mark. The last time both hours of Raw were above that level was the night after WrestleMania 26 for Shawn Michaels's farewell on March 29.

The first hour averaged 5.07 million viewers, which was the most first hour viewers since March 29. The second hour increased to 5.31 million viewers.

Including last night's Raw, the second hour of Raw has averaged more than 5.00 million viewers for the past four weeks.

The following is a break down of the last five weeks of Raw with first hour viewers, second hour viewers, and overall viewers.

June 28 - H1: 4.53 million, H2: 4.56 million, OV: 4.54 million. Rating: 3.28.

July 5 - H1: 4.46 million, H2: 5.11 million, OV: 4.78 million. Rating: 3.35.

July 12 - H1: 4.49 million, H2: 5.06 million, OV: 4.77 million. Rating: 3.32.

July 19 - H1: 4.40 million, H2: 5.17 million, OV: 4.78 million. Rating: 3.39.

July 26 - H1: 5.07 million, H2: 5.31 million, OV: 5.19 million. Rating: 3.50.
pwtorch

·
Registered
282 Posts
I hope that this officially kills the guest host of raw gimmick.I hope this makes WWE understand that a good storyline are better in getting ratings then gimmicks. :gun:

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
I hope that this officially kills the guest host of raw gimmick.I hope this makes WWE understand that a good storyline are better in getting ratings then gimmicks. :gun:
Yer I think thats gone now, well I hope it has.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Cenation= ratings

Now that they have peoples attentions, they have to start giving these 5.2M viewers a reason to stay when NFL season starts.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,788 Posts
Raw is now getting viewership averages that are higher than the 2001 average, I do believe.

Extremely impressive.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Raw is now getting viewership averages that are higher than the 2001 average, I do believe.

Extremely impressive.
I am not trying to be smart or anything, but how would this be possible? Wasn't WWE getting around 5 back then?

Were ratings counted different back then?

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
Pro Wrestling = ratings there were some good matches on RAW this week but WWE needs put on a Pro Wrestling product more than an entertainment product because Pro Wrestling is pretty much dead in this cena era.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
It would seem to me that the start of Raw saw a massive boost with the 1st hour numbers being higher than they've been over the past few weeks, which leads me to this (although I hate to say it...)

Orton = ratings

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Thats a nice rating. Glad to see it being steady and not going down near the 3.0 range. I'm also glad that there's no Guest Host either so that shows that they dont make a difference. Its the product and storylines that intrigues us.

·
Registered
784 Posts
This is around what I think they should always be doing. They should aim to make this the baseline rather than the dips down into the 3.1s and 3.0s.

I'd like to see them hit a 4 before the year is out, but the second half of the year tends to be pretty flat compared to the first half.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
this is a very solid rating. a rating like this has to make them extremely happy heading into the summerslam ppv. numbers like this show that people are interested in this cena vs nexus angle and how its going to play out. that means that people will by the ppv. so if the wwe could continue with ratings like this, this means that the buyrate for summerslam will be higher than usual.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts