Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- As noted before, this past Monday's WWE RAW scored a 3.14 cable rating with 4.8 million viewers. In the segment breakdown, the opener with CM Punk vs. John Cena gained 41,000 viewers and finished with a 3.05 rating. The appearance by Vickie Guerrero and the Divas Title match with Eve Torres vs. Natalya gained 190,000 more viewers, up from what the usual Diva match does.

The preview for The Chaperone and Sheamus attacking Mark Henry lost 406,000 viewers. This is the second week in a row the preview for Triple H's new movie has lost viewers. Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz gained 127,000 for a 3.0 rating, down from the usual numbers for that point in the show. Three out of the last four times The Miz has been put in the 10pm slot he hasn't done well. The previous two times were matches with Edge.

The R-Truth and John Morrison vs. David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty match gained 47,000 viewers while the segment with actress Ariel Winter and The Great Khali's Kiss Cam lost 175,000 viewers. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton gained 406,000 viewers back. The Rock's return promo was off the charts, gaining 1,212,000 viewers overall.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
That really is incredible and just goes to show how fast news can travel across the interwebs.

The WrestleMania buyrates will certainly be up this year.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The Miz was in an unfortunate situation this week, as he had the tough job of gaining viewers back with his match, from that atrocity of a movie "The Chaperone." As for his matches with Edge, they were boring anyways. Why he's the WWE Champion but he's not in the main-event of RAW baffles me.

As for the Rock's return, I smell what he's cooking, he's cookin up buyrates.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Quick calculation then (may not 100% accurate, but you get the idea):

4.592m - 3.02 rating <-- Q/H 1
4.633m - 3.05 rating <-- Q/H 2 (+41,000)
4.823m - 3.17 rating <-- Q/H 3 (+190,000)
4.417m - 2.91 rating <-- Q/H 4 (-406,000)

4.544m - 2.99 rating <-- Q/H 5 (+127,000)
4.591m - 3.02 rating <-- Q/H 6 (+47,000)
4.416m - 2.91 rating <-- Q/H 7 (-175,000)
4.822m - 3.17 rating <-- Q/H 8 (+406,000)

6.034m - 3.97 rating <-- Overrun (+1,212,000)

AVERAGE = 4.77m (3.14 rating)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Do you think the Rock will be on Monday? Just fancy what the ratings'll be if he and Cena have a confrontation.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I think the only way the rock is gonna be appearing on monday is if they are gonna build towards a match, but other wise I think they are goin to keep him off tv till mania or the week before since he is pretty much their selling point right now.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
hahaha i'm one of those 175,000 viewers who turned off the tv with the segment of khali and the kiss cam then 15 minutes later put it back on

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the only way the rock is gonna be appearing on monday is if they are gonna build towards a match, but other wise I think they are goin to keep him off tv till mania or the week before since he is pretty much their selling point right now.
This. You can't have him on Raw every Monday because then people will lose interest. They should have him on the final Raw before Wrestlemania.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Rock gains over 1 million? Holy fuck lol. Interesting about Miz being in the 10pm slot though. Usually they have Cena/HHH/Orton or something pretty big going down to draw in people who are flicking channels when their program at 9 is over.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
I wonder how many ratings there was during each 2/21/11 promo

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
The preview for The Chaperone and Sheamus attacking Mark Henry lost 406,000 viewers. This is the second week in a row the preview for Triple H's new movie has lost viewers.
HHH wisely and strategically put Henry in the same timeslot. I bet The Chaperone lost 1million+ viewers, and Mark brought them all back. Upon seeing Mark was getting attacked, however, 400,000+ viewers turned the channel in horror.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Using your logic, the Rock should be champion...forever?

Anyway this report can't be true, Mark Henry = ratings.

·
Mr Money In The Bank.
3,985 Posts
The Rock really is the man. Not surprised by this tbh but amazing how fast news spreads.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
5 minutes of The Chaperone killed ratings, and it took the rest of the show to bring them back up. To be honest, the movie looks so bad, I miss seeing the Knucklehead previews.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts