Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
So, Miz retaining the championship and Nexus being wiped out and "buried" by Cena with a "Nexus-free" Raw = ratings?

It was a good show. Nice to see such a high viewership.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Makes sense. Nexus needed to be buried, and Miz has been everywhere promoting WWE. Now if Nexus can stay gone a while, we might have something here.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
over 5 million viewers is a VERY good sign, especially with Monday Night Football looming. their average has definitely been higher lately, which is a good sign. a couple months back they were struggling to keep in the mid 4 million, now they're doing high 4's and this was over 5? solid.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Very good show. Clearly the beyond horrible TLC main event that many were probably proclaiming to be the downfall of the company actually didn't hurt interest one bit. Huh.

Probably would have been 5.5m viewership if they shown that stack of chairs falling a couple more times. There were at least 2 quarter hours in the show where we didn't get to see it again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I wouldn't be surprise if they hit 6 million during the Wrestlemania quarter.

But an excellent rating nonetheless. They were #4 on the cable rankings and only trailing The Closer and MNF. But a solid #2 in the "key demo" behind MNF. WWE should be very happy with these results.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
To be fair, he's been promoting the fuck out of the company every chance he's gotten since winning the WWE Championship. It's no wonder the ratings and viewership has steadily increased.
I agree.

I think people who are utterly convinced Miz is not walking into Wrestlemania with the strap need to keep all of these factors in mind. Vince loves his publicity during The Road to Wrestlemania, and with Miz as Champion, he's scored the Holy Grail insofar as it feels like something fresh to both casuals and religious fans, but has enough media muscle behind it to more than get the job done for Wrestlemania. But we'll see.

Reactions: AlwaysBrave

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I agree.

I think people who are utterly convinced Miz is not walking into Wrestlemania with the strap need to keep all of these factors in mind. Vince loves his publicity during The Road to Wrestlemania, and with Miz as Champion, he's scored the Holy Grail insofar as it feels like something fresh to both casuals and religious fans, but has enough media muscle behind it to more than get the job done for Wrestlemania. But we'll see.
Sheamus does exactly the same thing and everyone knew he wasn't walking into Wrestlemania as champ.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts