Wrestling Forum banner

Raw Rating - 2/7/2011

1766 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Starbuck
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Still reached 4.9 million viewers, which is the important part of the story. Anything even remotely close to five million viewers is nothing to sneeze at.

· Registered
813 Posts
glad in that maybe it will mean they will try harder with the build up to mania but dont think it will make a difference really :(

· Registered
6,512 Posts
Still reached 4.9 million viewers, which is the important part of the story. Anything even remotely close to five million viewers is nothing to sneeze at.
BUT RAW USED TO DO 8.1 WTF?

Roughly 5m is a great rating. I'm actually a little bit surprised they're sustaining it, I know 9 times out of 10 I'd rather just DVR it to skip through the endless adverts and shitty segments. Not to mention the more competition on TV in general these days. Pushing on over the 5m mark consistently until WM would be great business for them.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
I don't know how they sustain such strong viewership numbers, either. With DVR, streams, YouTube, greater competition in TV and especally cable TV in the last ten years, the fact that they're pulling in viewership numbers that can sit beside Attitude Era viewership numbers for Raw is kind of astounding. In related news, it's amazing how many people cannot grasp how the ratings system actually works.

Reactions: NoGimmicksNeeded

· Registered
6,512 Posts
I honestly don't understand how people can complain about the 'shitty ratings' every week. Torrents alone should mean there's a drop, but it's just not coming. The fact wrestling isn't having the same cultural impact as it did 10-12 years ago makes the figures just pretty outstanding to me.

If they're getting anywhere near 5m viewers come 2015, I'll be astonished, really. With the sheer number of ways you can watch the show now, I just can't see the viewership going anywhere but done. Although, I've been surprised consistently for the last few years, so I guess you never know. It's obvious there's a very solid core fanbase, though.

· Registered
813 Posts
I honestly don't understand how people can complain about the 'shitty ratings' every week. Torrents alone should mean there's a drop, but it's just not coming. The fact wrestling isn't having the same cultural impact as it did 10-12 years ago makes the figures just pretty outstanding to me.

If they're getting anywhere near 5m viewers come 2015, I'll be astonished, really. With the sheer number of ways you can watch the show now, I just can't see the viewership going anywhere but done. Although, I've been surprised consistently for the last few years, so I guess you never know. It's obvious there's a very solid core fanbase, though.
Tbf I don’t think anyone really complains about the ratings its just people seem to look at them in different ways. Like you said the rating is good which is fair enough but I look at it as bad because it’s a drop from the previous week. However tbf to the wwe it might be for many different reasons such as competition taking viewers away rather then the reason I think it has got less which is that the show has been getting worse and worse and repetitive and maybe few people have just had enough. Im probs wrong tho and maybe next week the ratings will go up.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
Tbf I don’t think anyone really complains about the ratings its just people seem to look at them in different ways. Like you said the rating is good which is fair enough but I look at it as bad because it’s a drop from the previous week. However tbf to the wwe it might be for many different reasons such as competition taking viewers away rather then the reason I think it has got less which is that the show has been getting worse and worse and repetitive and maybe few people have just had enough. Im probs wrong tho and maybe next week the ratings will go up.
It had a, statistically almost irrelevant, .2 ratings drop from the week before. The week before being the night after the 2nd biggest PPV of the year. I don't follow the ratings to a ridiculous extent or anything, but this is something that I'd have been able to call, as would most people. The drop in viewership and rating share is something that can be attributed to the fact that ratings fluctuate on a weekly basis. They're not an exact science, and even if they were, the same number of people aren't going to tune in every week.

To sum up, a drop from 5m viewers to 4.5m is a huge cause for concern, and indicitive of people finding the show worse. 5m to 4.9m isn't going to give anyone in Greenwich a headache, though.

· Registered
813 Posts
CM Punk killing the ratings. Just more proof why you don't write a show around him. The episode needed a LOT more Miz too.
Hmmmmm i gotta admit, i wasnt expecting an answer like that lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.