Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any point of even watching Monday night raw right now. Because the show is so flat it's unbelievable. The no crowd stuff is a big factor for me but it's just not that as Well because I feel like things woudnt be that different with a crowd.

There just lining guys up for drew to knock over and I'm all for a active champion but I miss the days of well thought out angles that were long running and not just heat a guy for 3 weeks for the champ to face Then have the champ beat him then send the guy back down the card. And I don't know why MVP is on the show weekly I thought he was a one and done after The rumble but he's been on tv all The time since

The women's tag division just isn't catching fire hasn't since the start and I feel like I've been waiting for Sasha and bayley to turn on each other for 3 years and they just haven't pulled the trigger. The iiconics are meh type of characters there just there to shout abit then out on a below average match and the team of ruby riott and Bianca bel-air is just another oddball tag team wwe just rustle up because the hell with it Right let's just get something on paper.

Right now tryna watch a 3 hour show is just so hard to. Nothing special going on feels like nothing special is gonna happen for the foreseeable future and there just coasting through the year

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the real question is how long has it really been this bad? we have been gaslit to think its the worst it has ever been but it feels it's been unwatchable for years.
3 hours is a big problem. Because I went back the other week and watched a couple 2003 raw's on the network it was a typical episode with evolution cutting a promo to start the show etc and them times in WWE wernt the best either but difference was the shows just seemed to flow better because they was only 2 hours and everything on the show seemed to follow a narrative of a certain angle through out the night. Nowadays we're getting a lot of random filler to fill up time and I'm not saying the shows 17 years ago didn't have filler they did but because the shows were shorter there wasn't so much of it and because they dipped in out with backstage segments like I said following a story narrative it was a lot more watchable and the segments didn't seem so scripted and un natural like where seeing today

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
No stars, WWE champion is not featured too much and the hottest guy in the company in a feud with freaking Big Show.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah nobody seems larger than life anymore everyone is just scripted down to the last word and they was scripted back in the day as well but the performers today just don't seem to be able to project what there scripted to say like guys from the past you can tell in the promos there remembering lines as there talking. And people like to shit on Brock when he was champion for not being there when he was champ but when he showed up you know something was gonna happen. Champions who are there every week cutting the same promo are not interesting. McIntyre's gimmick seems to be he's champion and that shoudnt be your character. It's like there tryna make stuff more real instead of giving guys character because McIntyre's whole stick is that he's big Scottish and champion but why should I be interested in that. Once again wwe give us bland baby face champions with no edge

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,787 Posts
Randy Orton and Sasha Banks are the only two that I give a damn about on the show. Nothing happens or matters anymore, its just rinse and repeat. We have seen Black vs Murphy 20 times at this point and the Rollins/KO thing has been going on since 2019. They ruined my boy Black by making him normal and they won't push Bianca Belair. So what's left? There are no prospective WM main event matches for next year because everyone is a dweeb. There's no Becky Lynch anymore. No Lesnar. McIntyre has no heel opponents. If Orton wins the title he has no babyface opponents. Zelina's group are a bunch of jobbers. The tag division is dead. I don't understand how the neglect got to this point.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,787 Posts
The men's division is a mess. Orton is not even on the ER ppv card wtf
The sad part is that people are gonna look back and blame McIntyre for having a shit title reign when it was solely on booking as to why he has no opponents. The guy is facing Dolph fuckin Ziggler at a PPV. When was the last time he even won a match?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Randy Orton and Sasha Banks are the only two that I give a damn about on the show. Nothing happens or matters anymore, its just rinse and repeat. We have seen Black vs Murphy 20 times at this point and the Rollins/KO thing has been going on since 2019. They ruined my boy Black by making him normal and they won't push Bianca Belair. So what's left? There are no prospective WM main event matches for next year because everyone is a dweeb. There's no Becky Lynch anymore. No Lesnar. McIntyre has no heel opponents. If Orton wins the title he has no babyface opponents. Zelina's group are a bunch of jobbers. The tag division is dead. I don't understand how the neglect got to this point.
Alistair black has just been so badly booked it's a joke at this point the guy has been on the The roster for nearly 18 months at the point and he's been having the same matches going on a year almost because they just don't know what to do with the guy it's really sad. Owens and Rollins if I never see them wrestle or interact with each other again if be fine because it's just gone on to long it's like they come out one week and are like oh yeah I don't like u let's fight with zero story at this point. No stars on raw like ya said with lynch gone and lesnar gone. Orton unless he feuds with McIntyre there's nothing for him to do. Garza and Andrade are mid card but the whole show feels like mid card. I feel like if these performers were around 20 years ago they'd be mid card guys. Nobody is treated as something special McIntyre reign has been a dud cus of the pandemic but people don't wanna admit that but wwe have always been good with babyfaces chasing the title but when they finally get it they suddenly go back to being generic and in half hearted feuds. And the tag division is abimissal but we know Vince don't like tag wrestling so that was always gonna be a given

·
Registered
31 Posts
I cannot watch it live at all. I dvr the episodes and skip through the double r truth and Seth rollins segments. The only thing that was even worth watching was the last match and even that went on way to long. It was exhausting to say the least lol.

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
Truth be told they've done a god awful job making Drew feel like a big deal. They're booking him strong but they're making him feel small time by not featuring him in main events and are killing interest in him by giving him geeks and fodder.

He's destined to fail if they continue to feature him like this.

Seems like a filler for Roman.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I mean... like... does anyone else feel like it’s been the exact same show since they’ve been in the PC?
The same guys are feuding with each other, we’ve seen the same matches, heard the same promos, etc.

I get that you can only work with what you’ve got but Jesus, I just can’t watch it anymore. The past few weeks I’ve gone from skimming through after it’s over to reading results online to just not even caring anymore. I legit watched Slammiversary 2007 over raw tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I disagree. The show is quite solid. Nothing is perfect but there is a lot of interesting stuff going on and everyone is being used and developing their characters.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not really apart from Orton nobody is really in any story that's interesting on raw everyone is 50-50 booked or on tv one week and off the next so what's developing? The world title story is not interesting the shows bland

·
The Babyface of WF
12,445 Posts
It's understandable because it's not as consistently good as it once was everything comes off on autopilot, There's still upsides just not as much as there should be.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts