Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lesnar is off to SD and given who they're promoting for SD on Fox the show will have no one left and 3 hrs of TV to fill with midcarders and low card acts.

USA have got to be filthy, they've been hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run amuck, and flat out deceived by Vince.

Are they really going to be doing a program around the likes of Ziggler, Roode, Braun etc. who they've already told us are second and third tier stars?

·
Registered
24,507 Posts
Raw is still their baby at the end of the day.

They'll put Brock, Roman, Becky, maybe even Seth on SD. They'll still make sure Raw is pretty set.

And at the end of the day, it depends on what you do with the talents that matters, and the jury's still out on which show will use their guys better.

·
Baby Yoda
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Raw is still their baby at the end of the day.

They'll put Brock, Roman, Becky, maybe even Seth on SD. They'll still make sure Raw is pretty set.

And at the end of the day, it depends on what you do with the talents that matters, and the jury's still out on which show will use their guys better.
That's their 4 top stars all on one show... they've already shown they don't give a fuck about anyone else.

Bray is going to have to carry the show as a heel/tweener act, the problem is he's got zero babyfaces to work with.

Raw is looking like a disaster if the promo material is true. They'll be doing sub 1.5m by the end up October.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,426 Posts
So you went from WWE is fucked to RAW is fucked?
Sounds like an improvement. Good job Vince. ;)

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,186 Posts
I'd be okay if Raw loses all the big names because then they'd be forced to create new main eventers.

Miz is staying on Raw because of Miz and Mrs. so maybe he'll get the world title run he deserved last year. I could see Samoa Joe finally getting a run and of course King Corbin. A lot of people won't like it but Rick O'Shea will be an upper carder soon under Paul Heyman and Cedric Alexander will be riding too. Gotta imagine Bray is staying on Raw with SDL's supposed focus on a sports like presentation and I would imagine Elias too.

They'll definitely have some pieces to work with, it's just a matter of how the choose to utilize them.

·
Baby Yoda
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If I'm USA I'm calling my lawyers and trying to get out of this deal ASAP.

They were losing 15-20% year on year with Brock and Ronda, what on earth are they going to do without them and a far weaker roster :lmao

I've given up on them producing compelling TV, I actually want them to load up on SD just to see Raw burn and Vince's reaction to it :lol

·
Registered
24,507 Posts
That's their 4 top stars all on one show... they've already shown they don't give a fuck about anyone else.

Bray is going to have to carry the show as a heel/tweener act, the problem is he's got zero babyfaces to work with.

Raw is looking like a disaster if the promo material is true. They'll be doing sub 1.5m by the end up October.
Dude, how many times do we have to say, the brand is the draw for WWE, no one star.

Raw will continue to pull in the same numbers and probably drop steadily over time no matter who's on the show.

So let's stop trying to talk business here. The point will be the quality of the shows, and again, the jury is still out.

·
Baby Yoda
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dude, how many times do we have to say, the brand is the draw for WWE, no one star.

Raw will continue to pull in the same numbers and probably drop steadily over time no matter who's on the show.

So let's stop trying to talk business here. The point will be the quality of the shows, and again, the jury is still out.
So you believe removing all the stars the company has told you are top stars and are the ones that matter is not going to have a negative effect on ratings? Sure it wont be noticeable if you remove one or two, but when you remove all of them and load them up on one show, you're telling people the other show doesn't matter. This is a perception and optics business.

·
Baby Yoda
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Casual viewers will watch the bigger show only, and that's the one with the names.
Raw will have Bray, AJ, Braun and possibly Bryan. The rest is mid to low card fodder.

The show doesn't even have a top babyface if Seth goes unless they want to run with a tweener Bray on top. But even then you need some babyfaces.

·
it's a tarp!
5,267 Posts
Raw will have Bray, AJ, Braun and possibly Bryan. The rest is mid to low card fodder.

The show doesn't even have a top babyface if Seth goes unless they want to run with a tweener Bray on top. But even then you need some babyfaces.
WWE definitely want Corbin on top.

If SD gets the names, maybe RAW gets some babyfaces in trade.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
Well, unless they were blind USA would have had to know that WWE are gonna value Smackdown more given the brand its on.

Regardless, WWE is the most popular programming USA has, so it makes sense for them to keep them around, even with the potential for even lower ratings.

·
Registered
24,507 Posts
So you believe removing all the stars the company has told you are top stars and are the ones that matter is not going to have a negative effect on ratings? Sure it wont be noticeable if you remove one or two, but when you remove all of them and load them up on one show, you're telling people the other show doesn't matter. This is a perception and optics business.
Is Brock coming around once every few months helping? Did enacting the Wild Card Rule and putting Roman on the show make a difference? Have Seth and Becky made a difference? No.

They will stock pile Raw with plenty enough guys, and the name "WWE" will get them by. Because that's how it's been for years.

·
Baby Yoda
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, unless they were blind USA would have had to know that WWE are gonna value Smackdown more given the brand its on.

Regardless, WWE is the most popular programming USA has, so it makes sense for them to keep them around, even with the potential for even lower ratings.
And they're sinking like the Titanic, maybe this is the thing that gets them out of the wrestling business and invested in something else.

There is a real possibility Raw is doing close to 1.5m in a months time with MNF and the draft potentially leaving them with scraps.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
And they're sinking like the Titanic, maybe this is the thing that gets them out of the wrestling business and invested in something else.

There is a real possibility Raw is doing close to 1.5m in a months time with MNF and the draft potentially leaving them with scraps.
That's probably still good for them, and I remember reading that the live programming is still a huge plus to have for any network (there was an article or two about this somewhere, I have to find it).

I'm curious if USA has a similar deal where WWE can't be cancelled.

·
Baby Yoda
29,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is Brock coming around once every few months helping? Did enacting the Wild Card Rule and putting Roman on the show make a difference? Have Seth and Becky made a difference? No.

They will stock pile Raw with plenty enough guys, and the name "WWE" will get them by. Because that's how it's been for years.
!Remindme 5 weeks.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts