Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justin Gabriel Def. Jack Swagger with a distraction from Dolph Ziggler. Great opener with a lot of false finishes.

Alex Riley Def. Bray Wyatt. A lot of “Boring” and “Who are you?” chants.

Layla def. Beth Phoenix in a WWE Divas Championship Match.

Brodus Clay def. David Otunga. This was a weird match because I thought Clay was exclusive to Smackdown.

Santino Marella def. Dolph Ziggler in a Bethlehem Street fight to retain the US Championship. Jack Swagger came out and attacked Ziggler, leading to the Cobra from Marella. After the match, Swagger tried attacking Dolph but got a Zig-Zag for his efforts. Lots of “Let’s go Ziggler” chants.

Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder def. Primo and Epico with the WWE Tag Team Championship on the line. Before the match, Kofi Kingston announced that R-Truth was not available so Ryder was his replacement. Great match. Primo and Epico originally won with the help of Rosa Mendes throwing Ryder’s foot off the rope after a backstabber from Primo. The finish was reversed when a new referee came out and told the original ref. The match restarted and Ryder and Kingston quickly hit their finishers for the win.

John Cena def. Tensai, Big Show, and John Laurinaitis. Big Show accidentally hit Tensai with the WMD, Cena hit the AA on Big Show and pins Tensai for the win.

Pretty good show with a hot crowd filling up about 90 percent of the arena. Cena obviously got the biggest reaction of the night. I would say the best matches were Gabriel and Swagger and the Tag Team match.

Couple of points, Gabriel now a RAW guy?
Ziggler face?
& Ryder the new partner to Kofi? sounded like an amazing show to me.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Thanks for posting the house show results.

Ziggler isn't a face. Instead, Ziggler/Swagger were booked as heels trying to outdo each other. It's a heel vs. heel conflict to try to keep a storyline through the show. And hopefully it stays at the house show level because a heel/heel feud between Swagger and Ziggler would be a huge step down for Ziggler. He should be pushed to the main event, not dealing with Swagger.

Raw/Smackdown's lower card has switched house shows loops depending on what talent is available and what is needed. The brand seperation has disappeared except for the top guys on each brand (and even CM Punk is filling in on Smackdown's house show loop this week). Gabriel is still on Smackdown's roster but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

As for the card as a whole, it looks very weak. You can really see that WWE is suffering from a lack of top stars and hasn't nearly built enough talent to justify running two house show loops. Even the main event isn't that impressive.

·
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
7,899 Posts
No Punk or Bryan?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Ziggler must be a face. Don't know how they are gonna write Swagger/Ziggles, but I know they aren't trying to their fullest potential, actually, they aren't trying at all. fpalm

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
sounds like shit.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
How come John Laurinaitis is still in the company? I thought he was fired? not to mention he is being booked like an actual superstar lately.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
How come John Laurinaitis is still in the company? I thought he was fired? not to mention he is being booked like an actual superstar lately.
He's working house shows because the spin they've come up with for house shows is that the board of directors is forcing Laurinaitis to fulfill some pre-existing obligations even though he was fired.

Makes sense, right? That's what happens at every other job when someone gets FIRED. *sigh*

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Well they built up Ace as their main heel for 6 plus months so they might as well use him. It would have been nice for an actual wrestling heel to get such a build, but whatever.

Nothing in wrestling makes sense now a days.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
He's working house shows because the spin they've come up with for house shows is that the board of directors is forcing Laurinaitis to fulfill some pre-existing obligations even though he was fired.

Makes sense, right? That's what happens at every other job when someone gets FIRED. *sigh*
Yeah that sounds like WWE's logic alright. fpalm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts