Wrestling Forum banner

RAW EC guys being buried?

1637 15
For the EC the 6 "top" guys are supposed to be competing in it.

Last night on RAW we see R-Truth get his ass beat cleanly.

Then we see Sheamus get his ass beat cleanly.

Im hoping that R-truth is just going to be replaced because he has no credibility what so ever, but if not then why have him just get dominated like that? I know Mason Ryan is going to be pushed to the top but not for at the very least until mid-summer. So this is a little odd to do to a guy co main eventing. But at least there can be some kind of explanation to it.

The main problem I have is Sheamus being completely worked cleanly by Mark Henry a guy who everyone even the kids know is completely irrelevant. It just does not make sense why you would job him like that. I know CM Punk supposably instigated the whole thing but thats still irrelevant to the outcome.

any thoughts? Besides the typical "this is why the WWE sucks response"
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
While the booking of Sheamus has been lame for months now, I wouldn't go so far as to say they are jobbing everybody out to make Punk look strong. The storyline was more that Punk is taking all of his competitors down several pegs (minus Cena, who of course overcame the odds). They aren't being "buried," that much is certain.

Most/probably all of them will get their heat back next week anyway. The 50/50 booking strategy is another big can of worms, though.

Funny part of last night's booking was that we all know Cena's the favorite and they told us that Cena is, yes, the favorite to win. Seems counterproductive, everything else notwithstanding. Although, someone from creative could possibly argue that it's intended to create a logical linear arc to the angle.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
No harm, no foul, in my opinion. R-Truth has never had credibility and Sheamus can't be taken seriously. We know those 2 aren't gonna win, so who cares? Orton was booked strong, Cena was booked strong and Morrison was booked strong. Those guys are the kayfabe favourites so they need to be protected. It doesn't matter what you do to the throwaway guys.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
Sheamus should not have been beat up by a random nobody. Otherwise, Nexus actually got to do something besides get buried by Cena for once so thats a positive. They're taking their opponents down to give Punk the advantage. That seems fine. In the end, the only one buried was once again, CM Punk who had the misfortune of being fed to superman for the 3rd time.

· Banned
6,914 Posts
The way I see it, Sheamus and Truth are being used as the so called 'fodder', I know some people may disagree with me and say that is Sheamus and Morrison but it seems more likely that they would have a face and a heel to make the others look strong in the match.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
R-Truth...and probably Sheamus are the only two that have been booked horribly. R-Truth because he's going to be the cannon fodder for the match (probably for CM Punk to beat) but the others have been booked strongly. Cena's always booked strongly and avoided a Nexus beatdown, Orton got beat down by five guys, Morrison won his match then got sprayed in the eyes by Punk (WTF!) so those three, along with Punk have all been booked well.

I think it's obvious where they are going with this though...Punk has tried to take everyone out. When it comes to chamber time, there's going to be a big part of the match where all the guys in the chamber turn on Punk, beat him down and eliminate him as one. The continue the match with every man for himself.

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
R-Truth...and probably Sheamus are the only two that have been booked horribly. R-Truth because he's going to be the cannon fodder for the match (probably for CM Punk to beat) but the others have been booked strongly. Cena's always booked strongly and avoided a Nexus beatdown, Orton got beat down by five guys, Morrison won his match then got sprayed in the eyes by Punk (WTF!) so those three, along with Punk have all been booked well.

I think it's obvious where they are going with this though...Punk has tried to take everyone out. When it comes to chamber time, there's going to be a big part of the match where all the guys in the chamber turn on Punk, beat him down and eliminate him as one. The continue the match with every man for himself.
Do you think creative might of come up with something like this: Next week on RAW JMo Cena and Orton all decide that there going to give Punk what he deserves and then deal with eachother @ EC. Since Punk already suspects being ganged up on in the chamber that was his reason for "taking out" R-truth who can't compete being replaced by Mason Ryan. I think this would work well because 1 it would just be stupid to have Punk go in there with the og 6 and then have it just be a free for all where everyone forgets about him. 2 it would give Mason Ryan some heat and some quick status w/o elevating him into the main event scene or having to work an actual match hee would just act as a body guard.... I also don't know how far this Nexus angle will go on but CM Punks Nexus is garbage and if there headed to WM to face the CORRE they will definately need that 2nd back up guy to give them some credability and this seems like the best way to do it. Or on a very long stretch bring in Tarver to the EC and have him join up with Punk? since Husky is out losing weight

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
I don't think WWE will put Ryan in there with Punk, but R-Truth is probably not going into it. I see him getting replaced. For some reason, I have this gut feeling that WWE is gonna try to put Alex Riley in the Elimination Chamber through some sneaky, typical Miz means. Probably the same way that Edge got in in 2009, by attacking Kofi, and then he'll do something to stay out of the match the whole time, like, put a lock on his cell or something, and he'll come out when it's almost over and try to eliminate Cena with a sneak attack, and the fans will start booing because they think he's gonna lay down for Miz at WrestleMania if he wins, then Cena will end up reversing what he does and winning.

· Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,415 Posts
The WWE Champion is on a losing streak to a 61 year old commentator.

Two years ago, the Royal Rumble winner Randy Orton was getting his ass beat round the building by Shane McMahon.

Just saying, things could be worse...

· Registered
10 Posts
It wasn't horrible. It almost all made sense from a storyline standpoint. Punk wants all of his opponents to have a weakness going into the Chamber.

It took 4 guys to beat down Orton and then get Punk's finish, Truth was his leg so he can't do his flipping moves, Morrison was his sight so it will be harder for him to perform his parkour stuff, Sheamus was his ribs because of 2 Powerslams, and they tried Cena but King helped him like Cena helped King in the Royal Rumble. The non-logical part was why Mason Rain stayed on the outside while McGillicutty and Otunga took a beating.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
The idea of Mason Ryan being in the chmaber would probably make sense, but I doubt it happens. I still maintain that Punk will get eliminated after every single guy in the chamber matches works together to take him out after he tried to take them all out before the match.

The Alex Riley idea is a good one and would fit in with the eventual Miz/Cena match at Wrestlemania. I could see them taking out R-Truth, he's not important exactly, and Riley getting in would work. Especially if it turns out Cole is the GM.

· Registered
490 Posts
I don't think WWE will put Ryan in there with Punk, but R-Truth is probably not going into it. I see him getting replaced. For some reason, I have this gut feeling that WWE is gonna try to put Alex Riley in the Elimination Chamber through some sneaky, typical Miz means. Probably the same way that Edge got in in 2009, by attacking Kofi, and then he'll do something to stay out of the match the whole time, like, put a lock on his cell or something, and he'll come out when it's almost over and try to eliminate Cena with a sneak attack, and the fans will start booing because they think he's gonna lay down for Miz at WrestleMania if he wins, then Cena will end up reversing what he does and winning.
R truth might be replaced but I don't see him being replaced with A Ri... I just somehow don't see it...

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly as long as R-truth is replaced I will be happy. The guy is a joke. plus having 4 faces and 2 heels who haven't been dominating lately is a stupid idea.

Story line wise, Mason Ryan would make the most sense

But im going on a stretch hoping that HHH might step in. Or maybe the Undertaker. (highly unlikely because they would hype there returns ahead of time to get buys)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.