Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 968 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

WWE Raw preview, Aug. 14, 2017: Who's going to SummerSlam?

With Alexa Bliss’ top challenger Bayley out with a separated right shoulder, Sasha Banks will battle Nia Jax to determine which Superstar will challenge Little Miss Bliss for the Raw Women’s Championship at SummerSlam. Meanwhile, the strange saga of Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins continues after a surprising change of heart by both The Lunatic Fringe and the former turncoat who now seeks his forgiveness. Tune in to Raw this Monday, live at 8/7 C on USA Network.
Every woman for herself

Bayley’s out of contention with a separated shoulder, and so Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss will now field one of two challengers at SummerSlam: Sasha Banks, who The Huggable One is vocally backing as her replacement, or Nia Jax, who has become Little Miss Bliss’ ally as part of “Team Rude.” The two Superstars meet Monday in a win-and-you’re-in match, with the victor earning a date with Bliss in Brooklyn. Jax has the edge when it comes to pure power, and Bliss would seemingly prefer to fight a friendly face, but does Sasha have one more big win up her sleeve?
Joe is gonna get you

One way or another, Samoa Joe always gets his man. After being pinned by Roman Reigns for the first time ever in a Triple Threat Match two weeks ago, The Samoan Submission Machine cost The Big Dog a Last Man Standing Match against Braun Strowman on Monday when he trapped Reigns in a Coquina Clutch that put him down for the count of 10. With all three of those Superstars slated to challenge Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title at The Biggest Event of the Summer, Joe has suddenly surged in momentum, and it’s anyone’s guess as to who will head into SummerSlam with the biggest head of steam.
Mizzed opportunity

Brock Lesnar turned The Miz and his Miztourage into lunch meat this past Monday on “Miz TV,” but lost in all that commotion was why The Awesome One held Raw hostage in the first place: He wanted another piece of Jason Jordan, who embarrassed him the previous week on his signature talk show. Kurt Angle’s gold-blooded son was seen elsewhere dismantling a local named Jean-Pierre Goulet, but perhaps The A-Lister will have better luck this time around in getting what he wants.
Face your fear

Finn Bálor has managed to ward off Bray Wyatt’s wizardry for a while now, but the Irish Superstar has admitted he’s more than a little unnerved by The Eater of Worlds all the same. Wyatt made one of his boldest declarations to date just moments before their SummerSlam bout was formally sanctioned, promising to drag down Finn and his followers. With one week to go until The Biggest Event of the Summer, how will Bálor respond?
Brothers on the mend

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. After leaving Seth Rollins high and dry against Cesaro & Sheamus, Dean Ambrose finally seemed to come around to The Kingslayer’s redemptive crusade when his former brother rescued him from a joint beatdown by the Raw Tag Team Champions. This time, however, it was Rollins who denied the traditional Shield fist bump, leaving The Lunatic Fringe hanging. How will Ambrose attempt to save face, and will the former Shield-mates finally reunite in earnest? Tune in to Raw, live Monday at 8/7 C, only on USA Network!
:braun

:brock

:joe​

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Obviously Ambrollins vs Shesaro has to be confirmed. I'm excited about what they'll do with Dean & Seth, I hope Dean demands an explanation for Seth leaving him hanging on the fist bump :mark:

·
Baby Yoda
30,243 Posts
That preview looks like something Road Dogg would write. Is he running Raw now too?

·
Premium Member
26,987 Posts
Last stop for RAW before SummerSlam, basically looking forward to..

- The main event scene and follow up to the LMS match: Lesnar will be there so I imagine we will get a segment with all 4 men, I think a contract signing would be a good thing to do as it makes the match stipulation of Lesnar leaving WWE if he loses official and it also allows for all four men to interact with promos and then proceed to have an all out brawl to wrap up the build. Reigns should be wanting to get back at Joe for what he did last week so I could see them setting up a match between them. Lesnar and Braun could have their first interaction since that time when Braun put Lesnar on notice four months ago. A couple of ways they can go with it so it will be interesting to see what they do.

- Ambrose's response to Rollins refusing the fist bump: It was an interesting change in the dynamic between the two last week so I wonder how Ambrose will respond. Would be cool to see a Rollins/Cesaro match but they probably don't do a match this week but rather have a promo segment that leads to them officially announcing the match for the tag titles. Ambrose and Rollins need to get on the same page even if reluctantly before they setup the SummerSlam match so they have to do something to get there on this show.

- Who will be the #1 contender to face Alexa: By all rights Sasha should win this match but I am not getting my hopes up specially since RAW is in her hometown this Monday, WWE loves to make people lose in their hometown. The SummerSlam match should always have been Sasha/Alexa so let's see if they do the right thing.

All in all, hoping the Main Event and the Rollins/Ambrose programs continue to deliver as they have been doing over the last few weeks.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts
Let Sasha win this #1 contender's match and we have no injuries like Bayley.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,635 Posts
In for Rollins/Ambrose. Sad when there's only one good storyline going on in an entire company, but that's where we are.

·
#WWELogic
3,974 Posts
So it's the LAST Raw b4 Summer Slam & it's all just MEH..........

Honestly where is THE "biggest angle/match of the summer" been? It HASN'T been the F4W despite what many would say now. It HAD the chance to be built up like a CAN'T MISS CLASH instead it's just anther match, sure there's 2/3 of the Shield coming together but for what? A half ass tag team title match? There's NO true threat big enough to bring two back let alone all three, the FAILED women's division and then there's the dumpster fire that has been SDL since the 'Shake Up' with #JobberMahla as champion.....

What happened to the CAN'T miss Summer Slam build......

From fantastic segment's

To excellent in ring promo's

And finally INSANE go home show moments

There just NOT here this year, they were few & far between last year and the year before weak to say the least. 2013 was probably the LAST Summer Slam I cared about from top to bottom, 2014 only the top, 2015 only Taker/Lesnar & last year I was SHOCKED by Cena/Styles but that's it.

Just gonna sit back pop in the Network and relive BETTER Summer Slam "Go Home Show's" & on Sunday gonna watch Summer Slam 02 & 13 and maybe catch a replay of the F4W on Monday, maybe. To those that have been enjoy RAW great, they need all the eye's & support on the product they can get before......

#HowLOWcanRatingsGo #WWELogic #SlaughterintheStandings

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,870 Posts
My Mother passed away yesterday so my Brother and I just decided to buy tickets to Raw to try to momentarily escape our misery. It'll be my first Raw since 2000.

Outside of the extenuating circumstances I don't think there is anything exciting enough about this SS build up to make me break my 17 year streak of not attending Raw. The possibility of a good Miz segment and seeing if our hometown girl Sasha wins at home are the only things I'm really interested in. Maybe Goldust doing something funny or seeing Heyman live for the first time since ECW closed down.

·
Make Wrestling GREAT AGAIN!!!!
824 Posts
My Mother passed away yesterday so my Brother and I just decided to buy tickets to Raw to try to momentarily escape our misery. It'll be my first Raw since 2000.

Outside of the extenuating circumstances I don't think there is anything exciting enough about this SS build up to make me break my 17 year streak of not attending Raw. The possibility of a good Miz segment and seeing if our hometown girl Sasha wins at home are the only things I'm really interested in. Maybe Goldust doing something funny or seeing Heyman live for the first time since ECW closed down.
That's terrible, I'm sorry, I hope you guys get through it and keep your heads up.

Hopefully you guys have a support system too. (family, friends, etc) to help cope.

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Don’t know what they have planned for the 4 way participants but I hope they have a big angle planned for the 4. Also looking forward to the final build to Rollins & Ambrose vs. Cesaro & Sheamus.

I swear, they better not give the Fist Bump away on Raw tomorrow night. That needs to be saved for Summerslam or the night after.

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you have a great show.

·
Premium Member
26,987 Posts
I swear, they better not give the Fist Bump away on Raw tomorrow night. That needs to be saved for Summerslam or the night after.
I am hoping for this as well. Need to save it for when they win the tag titles at SummerSlam. Still they do need to work in something on this RAW for Rollins/Ambrose to get on the same page at some level so that they decide to go after the titles. Hopefully the fist bump is not what they go with. Just do a backstage segment with Ambrose asking Rollins to explain why he denied him the fist bump and then after some back and forth have Sheamus/Cesaro join in and then make the SummerSlam match official.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

My full condolences mate and I hope you can enjoy Raw best you can despite the circumstances.

I just hope for a good go home segment for the fatal four way. Maybe a contract signing would suffice. Something anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Hopefully Sasha wins the no.1 contenders match tonight, Alexa/Sasha should have been the title match at Summerslam in the first place. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Ambrose/Rollins and the fatal 4 way.

Reactions: Dolorian

·
Registered
18,775 Posts

Wow man. That is really tough to hear. I'm extremely sorry for the passing of your mother. My condolences.

I hope RAW produces a really good show, since you're gonna be there.

1 - 20 of 968 Posts