Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else really interested over the Raw announcers situation right now? If I were a dirt sheet writer, I'd be suggesting that WWE are thinking about mixing up their Raw announce team lineup.

Recently, there's been heaps of experimentation. We had Cole/Matthews calling a Raw in the UK, now we have Cole/Punk/Lawler and last night Matthews/Punk/Lawler. I feel like they had Cole get RKO'd early in the show to not just further his current angle, but to see how Matthews would go as the play-by-play guy for Raw. I thought he did a good job as well.

I'm thinking that it's leading to two options; 1. Cole as a manager / GM on Raw, while still calling the other shows and PPVs while Matthews/King/Punk is the announce team for Raw. Or option 2: King fired and replaced with Matthews. Last night, King had this energy that he hadn't had for announcing in years, so it's intriguing as to why that is. My guess is that he's planning on retiring from announcing soon.

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I just found the situation interesting. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
''I'm a big fan of Bryan Daniel....Daniel Bryan!''

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
''I'm a big fan of Bryan Daniel....Daniel Bryan!''
This was the best part of the night lol.

I am also very interested in seeing where they plan on taking this angle. I'm thinking Lawler vs. Cole at some point. TLC? Rumble? WrestleMania?

Reactions: DahStoryTella

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

I am also very interested in seeing where they plan on taking this angle. I'm thinking Lawler vs. Cole at some point. TLC? Rumble? WrestleMania?
Agreed.

Am I the only one who thinks Michael Cole's mic skills/promo skills are really good based on last night? Even his in-ring segments with Daniel Bryan on NXT impressed me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have to say, i never cared much for the SES Cm Punk (didnt care for all the Jesus references) but i love him as an announcer, kinda non-chalant(cant spell), and freakin hilarious.

Also, i really enjoyed Matthews on the play by play last night.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
while we all know punk at the table isn't permanent, i'd like to see mathews, king and punk...then when punk goes back in the ring, king and mathews. of course, i'd love JR to come back, but i don't think he's going to. though, i did just see something about last night being a test for mathews and he might go to smackdown...which will suck because i don't really watch smackdown a whole lot...especially when it first airs. i have better things to do than watch wrestling on a friday night...and if i don't, i'm usually working at that time anyway.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Cole/Matthews is my favorite combination, King should just retire soon. Punk won't be on the announce table permanently but i think he's doing a pretty good job so far, i'd rather see him as a wrestler though. I wonder why Christian didn't do announcing too on Smackdown while he's on injury, i think his commentary work on ECW when he was feuding with Ezekiel Jackson was decent, he's a really funny guy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Josh Matthews is a lot more entertaining when he has Michael Cole to argue with. Matthews was okay last night but Cole brings out the best in him I think.

Cole/Matthews/Punk seems like the best possible combination right now.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Maybe they're preparing to give Cole a bigger role that keeps him away from the announcer table for the foreseeable future so they wanted to get Matthews some work as the play by play guy.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Why do people want Michael Cole out of the announcing team but not Jerry Lawler? He is 10x worse than Cole ever was. Jim Ross/CM Punk or Josh Matthews/CM Punk FTW.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Commentating overall is boring sans Punk's insight. It's sad when Punk brings more knowledge of the competitors and match than Cole does.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
It's gonna suck once Punk is healed up and returns to the ring. It would be awesome if he still commentates except for when he has a match/promo/etc.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm banking on Cole for GM, and then J.R Ruhhturns.
I think this is a brilliant idea. WWE and JR have both been secretive about his future. He has said he wants to do live TV announcing still. He has a very genuine dislike towards Cole, so the commentary would be great and JR would be back... without losing Cole. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
idk i enjoyed the commentary last night. i like it better without cole there. i think punk/king is gold.

·
Registered
78 Posts

x2 i have this opinon.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Commentating overall is boring sans Punk's insight. It's sad when Punk brings more knowledge of the competitors and match than Cole does.
Ok, I agree that Cole should learn his shit, but this comment makes NO sense. I think it would be sadder if Punk didn't have more knowledge considering he's an ACTUAL WRESTLER.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts