Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every segment furthers a storyline; speaking of which, storylines have been a lot more interesting too.

Everyone seems to have a purpose of some kind and those that don't aren't on the show (which is good, I hate when they put everyone on the card for no reason). Most of the show revolves around snappy matches that have a clear face/heel dynamic and a clear direction. The show goes along at a break-neck speed with no over-bearingly long promos to speak of.

The last two weeks have also been quite unpredictable whilst contrastingly having a lot less needlessly screwy finishes unless it's to build heat for a heel character. Promos also feel a lot less scripted with people talking at different cadences rather than the same typical 'WWE rhythm' we've become used to for so long.

I don't know if this is a change in creative (but apparently Vince has still been re-writing things) but I really hope this direction (whatever it is) continues. Almost every segment and match the crowd starts off luke-warm but is worked into going crazy by the end and I love that. I dunno maybe I'm nuts, but I think something has definitely been different the past couple of weeks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think Smackdown has been decent the last Month. I thought Raw has been tolerable since Paul Heyman took over

That doesn't unchange 10 years of bad booking. It's going to take a lot more than a few, "well it wasn't completely bad" Shows to make me trust the WWE

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,443 Posts
Re: RAW and Smackdown have been great for the past 2 weeks

I agree but most won't, they still expect every single segment of the show to be catered to them and their tastes. For instance take the Kofi video package from last SDL, if you hate Kofi then the fact that they showed such a long video package is bad tv to you, it doesn't matter that it was an objectively well done package that furthers the most interesting ppv feud, it's not who you want so it's bad. And since nobody likes everybody who's being currently pushed, and probably don't like even half of them, just seeing people who aren't your guys bothers you, even if they're performing well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I'm definitely aware that years of bad booking has made fans pessimistic; and every week I cross my fingers and hope the show is good so I totally understand. As for having 'guys' and 'girls' who one constantly roots for, I've never seen the point tbh. As long as people are being used in a way that compliments their strengths and downplays their weaknesses that's cool with me. I'm very much at peace with the fact people have ceilings and floors and move around the card. But yeah, I get being cautious, in fact I go into every show kinda expecting to get burned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts