Wrestling Forum banner

RAW And Smackdown had TV 14 Episodes

5351 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Jon Staley
Where did this notion come from that even the Attitude Era was PG? Yes, many of the episodes were PG. Some however, we rated TV 14 if there was to be more violence or cursing and adult dialog than usual. Smackdown also was the edgier show when it first happened in 1999 and from about 2002 to 2004.

Look at this clip from a 1999 Smackdown...

It has a TV 14 DLV. This means that the program is suitable for those 14 or older because it has dialog, language and violence. Since this bit set up a Rock N Sock Connection/Undertaker and Big Show Buried Alive Match we can infer that it will be talking about pie, strudel, candy asses, testicular fortitude and damnation to hell. And have lots and lots of chair shots.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Who cares? Seriously. Can you just accept the fact that it's PG now? The sex, swears, and blood served no purpose in the beloved Attitude Era, so they got rid of them. Big fucking deal. The product now is absolutely fine. Sure, the writing and storylines could be better, but that has nothing to do with being PG.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know. I just always seem to get into this argument and I distinctly remembered PG-14 ratings. Every now and again I wouldn't mind if the show went a little stronger in the violence and language department and got a TV-14. It wouldn't have to be gratuitous but a nice blade job or chair shot or curse and violence laden promo does elevate a feud or an angle.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
All of that can be done under the TV-PG rating. WWE themselves have decided against using them.

· Registered
3,204 Posts
The PG argument is so stupid and its like the IWC's new default piss and moan foundation for arguing. GET OVER IT.

It doesn't matter how many times you post, or how many videos you post, the WWE is not going to drop the PG rating. Why? Because of more lucrative advertising. USA Network must love the ad-revenue... It's not changing. Either shut up about it or stop watching.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
When Hornswoggle segments and Poopy promos are too much, there will never be any "getting over it".

· Registered
18,863 Posts
I don't think this topic is really talking about attitude era, they're just stating that the things WWE got away with during the attitude era were PG for a year or so.

And they talk about something I've been saying for years. Why can't WWE be PG-DSLV? Or 2-3 of those instead? As far as I know ,WWE is only PG-V right now(violence). Considering they are only PG-V and based on rock,cena promos from past few weeks didn't get bleeped out, if WWE did add D or L to the rating, they could probably get away with even more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.