Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've heard, Raw 900 won't be 3 hours despite SD guys being there as well, anyone know why?

Last time at Raw 800, they had a 3 hour special so why no 3 hour special for this Raw? Especially with it being last raw(or 2nd last raw if you consider raw the night before schools back) for many people in the WWE Universe you'd think that WWE would end summer on a huge note.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
- As noted before, the 900th episode of RAW will take place on August 30th from the TD Gardens in Boston. UFC will hold UFC 118 in the same building two days later. The RAW show has a little more than half of the tickets sold which is slow by usual RAW standards.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Either way Raw's 800th Episode wasn't a 3 hour special (Sept 22, 2008). The 800th episode was actually celebrated at a later date (November 3, 2008). They may do this again.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I think they'll use a few SD guys to work against Nexus in a form of a tag team match, and stay
with usual routine of building up NOC on Raw.
It doesn't seem like they'll have anything special on the show.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow haven;t they been plugging it throughout the year?

Seems stupid if it won't be a massive show...

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
--The entire WWE roster has been booked for a week from Monday in Boston for the Raw show. It's only scheduled for two hours but it's the 900th Raw special.

my Predictions for raw next week.

DANIEL BRYAN vs Alex Riley.

David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd and Kofi Kingston vs Justin Gabriel and David Otunga and Heath Slater in a 6 man tag team match.

Tamina kiss Santino Marella.

Melina and Gail Kim vs Layla and Michelle McCool.

John Cena and Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio and Big Show vs Kane and CM Punk and Sheamus and Chris Jericho in a 8 man tag team match.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Last time at Raw 800, they had a 3 hour special so why no 3 hour special for this Raw?
They had that 3-hour Raw a few weeks after the actual 800th episode and just called it a "celebration" of the 800th episode iirc. I have a feeling that's what they're going to do this time as well.

EDIT: Just noticed that someone else posted it already. :p

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
they realized no one gives a shit about their 3-hour show.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
3 hour shows just seem to be another hour of promos and commercials with no more wrestling content than a 2 hour show.

What they should do is reveal the Raw GM because it's losing steam fast even for those with patience for storylines. A lot of people are at the point they don't care who it is as a lot of speculation has made it dull. HHH? Bret Hart? Shawn Michaels? Vince McMahon? Shane McMahon? Undertaker? Vince Russo? Puff, the Magic dragon? It doesn't matter now.

No, I don't consider Vince Russo a viable choice, just that the Nexus storyline resembles his "New Blood" vs "Millionaire's Club" schtick in WCW.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
i don't mind it

the 3 hour shows are usually pretty lame

·
Tap Or Snap
2,539 Posts
The 3 Hour show that had the Viewers Choice was only made a 3 hour show a week before it happened. could happen again.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Either way Raw's 800th Episode wasn't a 3 hour special (Sept 22, 2008). The 800th episode was actually celebrated at a later date (November 3, 2008). They may do this again.
Yeah, that made me so mad haha. I went to the 9/22/08 show knowing it was the 800th episode, expecting an awesome celebration show. What I got wasn't horrible, but definitely not what I was expecting. Imagine my anger a few weeks later when WWE celebrated the 800th episode in a different city.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I'm kinda surprised that the 900th show isn't 3 hours but then again, it is only the 900th RAW. The 1,000th RAW I'd expect to be 3 hours, though.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,027 Posts
Even though people on here think the 900th show thing isn't that big of a deal. No doubt Vince McMahon will use this as a chance to hype up his product and add to his ego, as he always does. After all Smackdown Superstars will be appearing, and that can only mean that it's a special night.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts