Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Vince's genuine reaction "Who the hell signed Raven?"

He never wanted him there, Raven even wrote his own programs, one involving a great push to Matt Hardy but he was constantly shot down. He does a great shoot interview with RF Video on it.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
they stuck him in the hardcore division were he belonged imo

he was never gonna be world champ and he didnt really fit any where else on the mid card

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Why? He never should be a World Champion. He isn't mainstream appeal
Just what we need, more horse shit mentality. Describe 'mainstream appeal'. No wait you can't, cause you just made it up.

The single most stupidest crap I've ever read on this forum yet.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
Tbh if there was any wrestler that didn't have the slightest chance of doing good in WWE or doing anything really, it would be Raven. Ever since he stepped into the WWE ring, he was destined to go down in flames. Raven just isn't WWE's type of guy. He's an outcast really and that's the way WWE treated him. Which is sad because he has such a unique charcter, has one of the best minds in the business and is great on the mic. But I just don't think WWE would have made him into anything other then a jobber.

But who knows, maybe Raven could have pulled a Mick Foley and become someone who surprised everyone by winning the championship, being the least likely guy to win one. But for that to happen, he would proberly have to have had to come during the early part of the attitude era around 98 or something because that's the only way he would have been as popular. By the time he came in, the AE was coming to a close and his days were numbered. At the end of the day he just got phased out of WWE altogether. Sad But True

·
8,351 Posts
Austin was (think 96/7), however, his gimmick evolved to the point where he was the era(98/00).
There's no difference.

What you're doing now is promoting POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. Nothing to do with pro wrestling.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Raven is a victim of circumstance. He had/has all the tools to be a star in the WWE except for the look and that seems to be Vince's primary concern. Excellent gimmick, incredible on the mic, very good in the ring, and one of the best ring psychologists of all time. Of all the people that the WWE 'dropped the ball' on, Raven has to be one of the biggest.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Just what we need, more horse shit mentality. Describe 'mainstream appeal'. No wait you can't, cause you just made it up.

The single most stupidest crap I've ever read on this forum yet.
So you are telling me, the audience would of accepted him? 20 years of being fed the usual wholesome image (exclude 1-2 years). The Undertaker is the only guy, that has really be a main eventer, with a dark image.

How is it 'made up'? Nice to see you still backing up your opinions yo.

Vince was never going to like a guy with the look of Raven. His style never looked the type of thing the WWE audience would of reacted to. He was too 'grunge/goth' type.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Raven doesnt strike me as big promotion kind of guy. He's too, weird. Unique. The guy was cutting edge. Counter culture. He was the very thing the WWE is against. I just dont see him meshing well with their style.

·
8,351 Posts
So you are telling me, the audience would of accepted him? 20 years of being fed the usual wholesome image (exclude 1-2 years). The Undertaker is the only guy, that has really be a main eventer, with a dark image.

How is it 'made up'? Nice to see you still backing up your opinions yo.

Vince was never going to like a guy with the look of Raven. His style never looked the type of thing the WWE audience would of reacted to. He was too 'grunge/goth' type.
I'm not even defending Raven. So this is a moot point.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts