Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
He's done it for ages... old news is old. It's obviously just to ad hype or suspense I suppose.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Johhhhhhhhhhhhhhn Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeena!

Rrrrrrrandy Ooooooorton!

The Rrrrated R Suuuuuuperstar Edge!

The Underrrrtakerrrr

Ring announcers just to that shit. Yes it's stupid, but it adds effect. Don't even get me started on Retardo Rodreiguiz

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts

Rrrrrrrandy Ooooooorton!

The Underrrrtakerrrr

Ring announcers just to that shit. Yes it's stupid, but it adds effect. Don't even get me started on Retardo Rodreiguiz
Yeah, except usually their voices don't crack as if they were teenagers (except for that Ashley Valance gal or whatever the hell her name was).

Chimel is still undergoing puberty. Just give him time.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Rrrrrrrandy Ooooooorton!

The Underrrrtakerrrr

He doesn't go high pitched on anyone else though. I don't care about him rolling the tongue and putting emphasis on it. But the high pitched stuff is so funny.

Ricardo Rodriguez = AWESOME btw.

·
Registered
267 Posts
He only does it when edge is face.

Look back to when edge returned at the RR right up to the WHC match at mania. He was getting the sUUUperstar treatment during that time.

When he turned heel it stopped, now face again he get the weird voice effect intro all over again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
He only does it when edge is face.

Look back to when edge returned at the RR right up to the WHC match at mania. He was getting the sUUUperstar treatment during that time.

When he turned heel it stopped, now face again he get the weird voice effect intro all over again.
Actually it depends on the ring announcer. Chimel started to do it when Edge returned. Then Edge got drafted and almost simultaneously turned heel, but the high picth didn't stop because of that, but 'cause the announcer changed from Chimel to Roberts, who actually imitated Chimel's style, but didn't take it that over the top. And then Edge went back to friday nights, and again turned. And Chimel was waiting with his high pitch yo!

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts

Rrrrrrrandy Ooooooorton!

The Underrrrtakerrrr

Rodriguez is awesome and Tony Chimel is the only announcer who has this problem. Other announcers exagerate the names but they do so in a normal register, Chimel goes all fucked up like somebody kicked him in the jimmy at that exact moment. And it's only Edge, which makes it even more fucked up, that he does this for only one wrestler.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
He's been doing that for a while. It always cracks me up.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I'm sure he accidentally did it once, got ribbed to death about it, and is now forced to do it every week for the amusement of people with more authority than him. That generally seems to be the way WWE works.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I thought he cracked his voice when I first heard him announce it but then I noticed he intentionally does that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That particular video did make me laugh, normally not quite as bad. :p But yeah he does stretch it, its what some announcers do, same way they stretch out the name. They did it in WCW and they do it in UFC too. It just happens.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts