Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, these banners make me feel good about my banner making ability...

It's nice to see WWE has access to up to date pictures of their wrestlers. That Edge is from like 2 years ago. And WTF is up with Batista??? That looks horrible.

Same goes for this pic, they could've got a newer pic of HHH. And that just looks like they pasted the two of them on and added some crappy effects in like 30 seconds.

I don't know...that just plain sucks.

The others, like Benoit vs Orton, are good, so no need to post those...

·
Chopped Liver
5,553 Posts
Oh man, that looks like someone threw up, and this happened. Really poor stuff, especially for one of the biggest events of the year.

Does anyone else agree that WWE could do with a new SummerSlam logo also, I mean they have used this one since 2000.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
It looks like they've already made the video bits that go before the matches, and that those are freeze-frames of them. In fact, I bet that's what it is, with the text moving about and stuff. You just see if I'm right.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yup, I think they're definitely caps from the match screens. They look much better moving than still frame, but the match screen are still the worst WWE came up with in a while. The styles clash so much. They've got the cut-out grungy look on the wrestlers, the orangy wirey background, the green Canaith text all 3-D and shit. It just frickin' sucks. The ones from last year were much, much better.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Even for caps they are pretty bad. The background is good and would of looked great with actually good pictures of the wrestlers. At times, I think they just have a different style then we are used to, but some of WWE's graphics look very odd.

Ever since WWE.com got "made-over" their graphics went down hill.

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
I dont like the rainbow color scheme that WWE is doing for Summer Slam. I remember seeing the SS logo with the smaller S acting like radar, that was cool. IMO they should have stuck with that. NDF is right all their GFX have sucked since they redid WWE.com.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Humm...Humm...

I think they don't really care about their graphics.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
They look like screenshots from the TV promos when they are flickering around.

If not I think they need their old designers back.

Unlike what people have said, I think an internet forum GFX maker would be a bad idea...

just get the people who made them like this one:

to keep up the good work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts