Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I ain't of much knowledge when it comes to graphics but I don't think you are a vetaran of PS judging by that Cena banner and the Orton banner in your sig. The bg isn't very good and the text could be better. I don't like the grid much as it obstructs the pics mainly the three on the left. Overall I would rate it 4/10.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ain't of much knowledge when it comes to graphics but I don't think you are a vetaran of PS judging by that Cena banner and the Orton banner in your sig. The bg isn't very good and the text could be better. I don't like the grid much as it obstructs the pics mainly the three on the left. Overall I would rate it 4/10.
No I know I am new to the program that is why i post so people tell me whats wrong with the grafx so I can fix them but I dont know how to do cool stuff like this..I dont really know how to put effects like that there you did to beniot on my stuff im still learning. I like my background.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ummmm, the background sucks, it really does.
Liquify=gay=you suck.
next on to the text, on both banners the text is bad.. ya
On to the blending, heh, I think you' have to be worse than greenday Rox on the blending, it's horible.
ya, the banner size is gay to, and the grid is gay that means you're ugly.
1/10 for both of them.

·
Banned
171 Posts
^^lmao... damn

For the most part I agree with Orion33... DL some better fonts ( http://www.dafont.com/en/ ) study some tutorials ( http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutorials/6/0 ) and get a better feel for photoshop (assuming you use that) and then you'll start improving. But yeah... The banner size is WAAAAAAAAY too big. There's no need for that unless you plan to have a lot going on in it (4 PSDs doesn't count as a lot). Background... Um, no. Just... Never again. That takes 2 minutes to make... That's not good. Anyway, keep working on it. But don't make a habit outta what you're doing now... For our sake.
2/10

·
Registered
632 Posts
The cuts are all streched, the middle cut has an outer glow, wich is not needed. The background sucks, and the blending isn't anybetter, the text is really plain, ya no boarder. 1/10

·
Banned
171 Posts
It's BETTER than the other ones, I'll give ya that. Keep working on it though... Experiment with PS more, mess around with filtering and layering and all that shit. The cuts suck... Glow around the middle Orton is >_<... And overall I'll probably give it a 4/10 for the improvement. If that was the first banner you showed us, I'd probably give you a 2. Keep working on it though... I think we all sucked when we first started (and if you say you didn't YOU LIE! :p)

·
Section.80 Baby
3,207 Posts
Instead of telling him it sucks why don't you tell him what is needed to improve.

The outerglow on a Cut is never needed, that just shows you didnt do the cut well so you covered it up with glow. I think you should try different size banners, maybe a bit smaller. Also you need to make sure you put on a border, its the easiest thing to do. But to say the obvious just keep working on stuff, and looking around and learning what everything does and you'll be set.

·
Banned
171 Posts
I told him what he needed to improve on. Blending, layering, filtering... Experimenting. Getting new text, checking out tutorials. Obviously that helped him a bit. I'm inspirational *gloats* No one's even commented on my new ones that I made... I'm at least giving him my time of day to help him out. Which can't be said for some others who just say "it sucks... stop doing GFX NOW!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts