Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Something Good Can Work
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made these in like 10 seconds because my 30 day photoshop trial was about to run out and I wanted to make loads of crap for some reason.

You may complain about the blurry backgrounds, but I think they look pretty cool.

1st John Cena banner, most people will probably not like the background of this but I think it looks good and I made this the background on my computer. (PS I know the pic comes out of the border, I did it on purpose)

2nd A quick Jeff Hardy banner I made for my mate from school who happens to be a member on here.

3rd This I don't even know why I made it, but still, tell us what you think.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓
3,733 Posts
I don't really like the Jeff Hardy one... It's just not my style. It's too yellow. The cut is hard to read and the White glow behind the cut is one I do not like. I don't like the effects on the cut and how it's too yellow. The Cartoon Kings one is just too basic with some glow effects. The John Cena is probably the best in my opinion. But the Text is kinda stupid looking and the background just seems... bad.

·
Something Good Can Work
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was expecting crap ratings, I plainly suck at photoshop, I think the Jeff and Cena ones are good, but the other one is too boring.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓
3,733 Posts
I sucked too. Now I guess I'm okay. I just practiced for a long time. Then again. I guess learning Photoshop isn't so hard when you've been using Paint Shop Pro since Summer 2002(When I first met Muzz, Who basically inspired me.). Too bad your trial expired. Practice makes everything better.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The first one is so-so and could be better. The second one blends in great and contrats plays out well. The third one, well just doesn't have any effect, kind of boring.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓
3,733 Posts
takerswrath said:
The first one is so-so and could be better. The second one blends in great and contrats plays out well. The third one, well just doesn't have any effect, kind of boring.
Yes... It is boring, but it does have shading and glow effects on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wow never do that to a PSD looks really bad

EDIT: I don't know if theres a rule here about this but ussually on my board and some others we ussually say "spend more time than just 10 seconds on a banner, take your time and try and make it good" then we close the topic.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
TeamXtr3me said:
I sucked too. Now I guess I'm okay. I just practiced for a long time. Then again. I guess learning Photoshop isn't so hard when you've been using Paint Shop Pro since Summer 2002(When I first met Muzz, Who basically inspired me.). Too bad your trial expired. Practice makes everything better.
Yeah I had Paint Shop pretty much happening before I got Photoshop so I found it really easy to learn my way around Photoshop.

As for the banners, sounds stupid I know but I don't like the size they are.

·
Banned
2,500 Posts
The John Cena one is ok,asis the UnderTaker but i really like the Cartoon Kings one because it is so simple.Just go to another site download Photoshop again and keep trying..

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
If somebody told you it's hip to be square, they lied. One like that would've been alright, but seeing how they're all cubish, I gotta deduct. Shows no effort.

The banners themselves though....the placements are too uninspiring. Not that they're not good for what they are, they'd deffinately be bettered with more cuts/effects.

Your text'ing should be the first thing you work on for right now. Tweak'em a bit...there's many different things you can do. (You seem to have a feel for bg's, so no need to put too much practice into it atm)

I'll rate them as a whole and give ya a 5/10. Pretty avg stuff.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Ringo64 said:
EDIT: I don't know if theres a rule here about this but ussually on my board and some others we ussually say "spend more time than just 10 seconds on a banner, take your time and try and make it good" then we close the topic.
It´s obvious he did spend more than 10 seconds on these banners. He´s new, he wants them to be rated, so no need to close this.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓
3,733 Posts
"I just made these in like 10 seconds"
He actually did say he took 10 seconds. But he's obviously lying for a 'pre'-excuse.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
I know he said it, but I also know some more stuff. I know things.

I haven't rated thse, yet. So here it goes:

I like the way the Cena cut looks, but that is because it's sunny and I'm in a good mood and all. The rest is all bad, unfortunately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts