Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Rate the Tag Team 11: Hart Foundation

756 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  TripleG
So how do you rate the Hart Foundation and what are you thoughts? The Hart Foundation were a tag team during the golden age of tag wrestling in WWF, made up of Bret Hart and Jim Anvil and orginally managed by Jimmy Hart. They were formed in 1985 and would have a long run as a tag team in the WWF, lasting 6 years before dispanding in 1991, however a stable would later be made using the same name with Bret Hart and Jim Anvil, but would include Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith and Brian Pillman. Together Bret and Jim made a great duo, with Bret being the worker of the team and Jim being the powerhouse. HF's specialty would proberly have been great chemistry, as the two knew each other both personally and professionally so they were a closeknit group. What are your thoughts?

I think as a team, HF's chemistry and psychology were fantastic. They complemented each others strengths and weaknesses, with Hart you had work ethic and psychology of the team but lacked the strength and size and with Anvil you had the power and strength of the team but lacked the in ring ability, but together they were a unit. One problem of the team I found was, their lack of mic ability and Bret was really the shining star of the team, while Jim was forced to lurk in Bret's shadow. Unlike Christian and Matt Hardy, two other wrestlers who were overshadowed by their tag partners, Jim never had much of a singles career and so never had a chance to really break out or become something other then a tag competitor. It's a sad story I guess, but I don't think Jim would have it any other way tbh.

My rating of them is a 9. I knocked a rating off because, as I said they weren't the best on the mic and Jim wasn't as great a wrestler as Bret, but then how could he compare to Bret Hart.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,005 Posts
The 90s Hart Foundation is not what I am rating. I am rating the original tag team of Jim "The Anvil" and Bret "The Hitman" and I am rating them a perfect 10.
Great execution, great chemistry, great presence one of the only teams who I will watch and be sure a great match is coming.
10!

· Banned
2,268 Posts
I rate them as fucking awesome! They had a tremendous 'fire and ice' type chemistry between them, great charisma from the Anvil especially and a killer finishing move - loved the Hart Attack!

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
Straight up 10. No question.

Bret & Anvil were the team that made me fall in love with tag team wrestling and really made me like teams made up of contrasting partners. You had the technical genius of Bret combined with the brute force of Jim and it made for one exciting tag team to watch. They were one of the greatest teams of all time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.