Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those who have recently made it on TV or are stil in their initial push.

Cesaro:
In ring 7/10
Mic 5/10
Gimmick 2/10

Cezaro had a good match on superstars with Kidd this week. His very unimpressive finisher and gimmick with no mic time are hurting him alot though.
Overall Score 6/10. Cesaro is mighty talented but I'm not sure he'll ever get over in this incarnation.

Sandow:
In Ring 7/10
Mic 8/10
Gimmick 8/10

Despite having only had 1 squash match and a beatdown, Sandow has displayed great athletic ability and an interesting finisher and variation of moves. His ring work also reflects his gimmick which is refreshing.
Overall Score: 8/10 Sandow is doing great with his gimmick. He could go a long way.

Ryback:
In Ring 6/10
Mic 5/10
Gimmick 6/10

Ryback is a decent worker for his size but we still havent seen much. His mic time consists of cathphrases which arent catching on and he's playing his gimmick decently but its boring.
Overall Score: 7/10 for his potential in terms of catching on...he'll either fall flat or get hugely over as time progresses.

Brodus Clay:
In Ring 4/10
Mic 5/10
Gimmick 7/10
Brodus' moveset is boring and his work is slow paced. He, like others has almost no mic time (which is a shame cause his promo at the end of NXT was awesome). His gimiick is over with kids and casual fans and fairplay for trying.
Overall Score 6/10. He's doing his job and doing it well but he'd be better suited to other things IMO.

How would people rate them?

(note: im basing this on their current runs, not FCW/indie work aswell).

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Cesaro: Solid ring worker and had a great match with Tyson Kidd on superstars this week, however his gimmick is barely a gimmick and his only source of heat is aksana, who nobody cares about.

5/10

Sandow: He's been brilliant so far. He has a well-defined gimmick that stands out from anything else we have right now, great mannerisms (the way he holds the mic and some of his catchphrases) and he's good enough in the ring to get by without much trouble. My only negative would be that he's not using New World Symphony for his theme, but that's fairly minor.

8/10

Ryback: I like this guy, I don't really know why but I do. His gimmick isn't shining thorugh that much but he's doing his job well. He looks badass and is badass in the ring.

7/10

Brodus Clay: I liked the funkasaurus at first, but it's just not interesting anymore. the fact that he is easily beating Former world champions while dancing is such a shame. My problem is less with brodus himself, but with the way Ziggler and Miz etc are having to feud and lose to this... thing.

4/10

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Ryback - 8/10
He is going to be a huge star. He has a natural superstar feel about him.

Brodus Clay - 8/10
Tons of charisma, but a one-dimensional gimmick/booking so far.

Damien Sandow - 6.5/10
I am not really sure. Has tons of potential with the mic and interesting gimmick, but might be boring in the long run.

Antonio Cesaro - 2/10
Unbearable so far. Completely devoid of charisma and judging by some of his FCW promos, he can't work the mic. Horrible attire, horrible theme music, totally uneventful debut. I am more interested in JTG's new look compared to Cesaro. I just gave him a 2 because he has a decent look.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Those who have recently made it on TV or are stil in their initial push.

Cesaro:
In ring 7/10
Mic 5/10
Gimmick 2/10

Cezaro had a good match on superstars with Kidd this week. His very unimpressive finisher and gimmick with no mic time are hurting him alot though.
Overall Score 6/10. Cesaro is mighty talented but I'm not sure he'll ever get over in this incarnation.
Only being mightly talented in the ring isn't enough. He looks completely uninteresting, devoid of charisma, horrible gimmick, horrible theme music, horrible finisher, no talent on the mic.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Can't rate Sandow and Cesaro yet but Sandow is just awesome on the mic and Cesaro has the look.

I don't care about Ryan or Brodus.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Only being mightly talented in the ring isn't enough. He looks completely uninteresting, devoid of charisma, horrible gimmick, horrible theme music, horrible finisher, no talent on the mic.
Your rating of 2/10 is just as, if not more, unfair. Cesaro has a great look and solid in-ring skills, if they gave him a half reasonable gimmick and a manager he could go far.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
All of them are pretty Awful save Sandow.

Sandow is Very good and I'd give him a 7/10 from what we've seen.

The rest 1/10.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I never have and never will be a Cesaro fan. The guy is just way too generic looking. Just because he's ripped doesn't automatically make him a Superstar.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Antonio Cesaro has charisma and those who have followed him in the independents know that. His mic skills, however, have really never been his strong suit and that was more apparent when he teamed with Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) as the Kings of Wrestling as Hero was more of the verbally intimidating guy while Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) would usually add a few words here and there.

That said, I think (as I said before) a Kings of Wrestling tag team should have been more effective than both going into singles territory and who knows, we might see it happen eventually. However, this Swiss Rugby player gimmick is not going to get him over. You can tell the audience want to give Cesaro a reaction but this gimmick prevents the crowd from doing because...what the hell, a Rugby player? Really? That and you saddle fucking Aksana of all people with him.

So give Cesaro more time to get used to all this WWE style atmosphere but the gimmick (and the song and Aksana) have got to go.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Cesaro:
In ring 7/10
Mic 4/10
Gimmick 2/10

Cesaro possesses a great offensive moveset and judging from his Superstars match with Kidd, he's actually putting effort into bumping now that he's on the main roster. He's just sort of there on the mic, and his gimmick is all over the place, but not in an entertaining way.

Overall: 5/10

Sandow:
In Ring 4/10
Mic 6/10
Gimmick 6/10

I'm skeptical that there's any real depth to his character. In two months, he'll be cutting the same promo and people will start comparing him to ADR's "Destiny" promos. His in ring work is average, at best, and while his gimmick is good, his delivery isn't as brilliant as he's credited. He gets to the point where he's basically shouting into the mic for no reason, even when he's supposed to be sophisticated and reserved.

Overall: 5/10

Ryback:
In Ring 6/10
Mic N/A
Gimmick 4/10

I'd hardly count what Ryback is doing as wrestling, but his offense and intensity are quite impressive. Also, he was pretty good during his run as Skip, so he's capable of wrestling. I refuse to score him on mic work until he actually says something worthwhile with his present character, but I'd also have ranked Skip in the 5 or 6 range, so there's potential there. His gimmick isn't currently explained nor fleshed out at all. He's just a big guy who squashes people.

Overall: 6/10 I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on a couple of things, mainly because I've already seen what he's capable of doing on the main roster during his run as Skip. From a potential standpoint, he's above Cesaro and Sandow, so I scored him accordingly.

Brodus Clay:
In Ring 3/10
Mic 3/10
Gimmick 1/10

Screw him. Seriously, this Funkasaurus thing is terrible. His matches are garbage, and he's out of breath by the time he finishes his horrible dancing before the match even starts. He's so awful right now that I don't even remember anything he did prior to this.

Overall: 2/10 I'd rather watch Tensai, and it's not even close..

·
Banned
370 Posts
How people rate Ryback higher than Cesaro blows my mind.

I guess people still like watching immobile roided up monsters.

Tensai 7/10-Love the gimmick and his style
Brodus 8/10-He's grown on me
Cesaro 9/10-Quite possibly the most underrated wrestler in the world
Sandow 8/10-Great gimmick
Ryback 1/10-Roided up generic monster.

P.S. WWE doesn't test for HGH.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cesaro:
In ring 5/10
Mic 1/10
Gimmick 2/10
Overall: 3/10

can anyone even make a storyline for him?
maybe fight santino? thats the best i can think off,

Sandow:
In Ring 7/10
Mic 2/10
Gimmick 3/10
Overall: 7/10

cant be a great heel if he shaves that stupid beard
and he if he had better competition

Ryback:
In Ring 6/10
Mic 0/10 (he reminds me of "I am Moron" from freakzoid)
Gimmick 2/10
Overall: 4/10

i just fast forward throw his crap matches with people half his size
if wrestling was like it used to be, he'd be fueding with someone like kane by now

Brodus Clay:
In Ring 1/10
Mic 7/10
Gimmick 4/10
Overall 5/10

he would only make sense as a heel
just clown act is getting boring, even the fans stop cheering
plus its just a rip off of grandmaster funk imo

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Antonio Cesaro
In Ring: 9/10 Great big man.
Mic: ?/10 He didn't say a word so how the hell should we know.
Gimmick: 2/10

Ryback
In Ring: 8/10
Mic: 8/10 FEED ME MORE! MENTAL MACHINE! He's gold.
Gimmick: 8/10

Brodus Clay
In Ring: 4/10
Mic: 5/10
Gimmick: 10/10

Damien Sandow
In Ring: He only had a squash match. 8/10 considering his work on FCW.
Mic: 10/10
Gimmick: 9/10

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
How people rate Ryback higher than Cesaro blows my mind.

I guess people still like watching immobile roided up monsters.

Tensai 7/10-Love the gimmick and his style
Brodus 8/10-He's grown on me
Cesaro 9/10-Quite possibly the most underrated wrestler in the world
Sandow 8/10-Great gimmick
Ryback 1/10-Roided up generic monster.

P.S. WWE doesn't test for HGH.
Ryback moves pretty well for his size, definitely better than Tensai and Brodus, who you gave high scores to. Fantastic logic there.

This wasn't a "rate the new recruits on their in ring skills" topic anyway. Had that been the case, Cesaro had better win, because there's little other reason to have him around at all. His current gimmick is awful AND all over the place at the same time.

I'd say Cesaro's as likely to be on HGH as Ryback.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Brodus:

In ring: 5/10
Mic: 8/10
Gimmick: 6/10

Have high hopes for a Brodus heel turn and since he's so over people will actually give a shit about it.

Cesaro
Ring work: 9/10
Gimmick: 4/10

Lame gimmick but he's incredibly talented and should be able to make it.

Ryback
Ring work: 3/10
Mic: ?
Gimmick: 3/10

Don't think I've ever heard him talk but a Goldberg remake sounds awful.

Sandow
Ring work: 7/10
Mic: 9/10
Gimmick: 8/10

Haven't seen alot of ring work yet but I don't hate it. Mic work and gimmick are awesome.

Tensai
Ring work: 4/10
Mic: ?
Gimmick: 5/10

Nothing much here, he's become pretty lame.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Hippo:

In ring: 3/10
Mic: 6/10
Gimmick: 7/10

Cesaro
Ring work: 8/10
Mic: 7/10
Gimmick: 3/10

Goldberg:
Ring work: 4/10
Mic:2/10 I've seen some if his work in FCW but with his current gimmick I can't give him more than a 2
Gimmick: 7/10

Sandow
Ring work: 7/10
Gimmick: 10/10

Awesome gimmick.Interesting and unique.His ring work is pretty decent judging from the Ambrose match in FCW

Hentai
Ring work: 2/10
Mic:3/10
Gimmick: 2/10

AWFUL.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts