Votes: 39 29.8%

Votes: 12 9.2%

Votes: 10 7.6%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People were seriously over rating it on the Bret Hart 10/10/10 scale.

Do people really think that he can talk on a similar level to:
Rock
Austin
McMahon
HHH
HBK
Jericho
Punk
Hogan
Flair
Piper
Angle
Eddie
JBL
Cena
Edge
Hall
Even Alex Riley

You guys really think he's anything more than what SHOULD be considered average?!?!

EDIT: btw I gave him a 6

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
He's just above avarage, I gave him a 6 aswell.

If you listen to him for the first time, I won't blame you for finding him entertaining but listen to some other promos of his... It's the same fucking shit with the same stupid monotonous voice and tone over and over again

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I don't think he's on the level of any of those guys you listed, but I think he could cut a great promo with any of them, and that's something a lot of guys can't do.

I gave him an 8, not "epic" or even "great" on the mic, but very capable.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that list was considered average, he wouldn't be above it. Compared to the current roster, he is.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying he's considered so good because everyone else on the current roster is so bad at talking

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He's good. Better than most wrestlers in the roster right now. I'd rate him 8.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I gave Mizzy an 8 because he deserves it. He's above average by quite a long way and he made me actually enjoy what I thought would be a God-awful guest host seg this week.

Not a 10 though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I love your list! How fucking Overrated is the MIZ when you compare him to a list of 9's and 10's, quite possibly the greatest talkers of all time?

Stop making stupid threads.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I gave him a 7, he's better then many but there's still around 20 guys in the business that I'd prefer to him on the mic so that rating sounds the most plausible.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
7-8 for me. I voted 7. If he was more consistent I'd have gone for 8.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
I gave Miz an 8. He is by far one of the best in the E right now, and even going up against some of the all time greats on that list, he'd at least be able to hang with them.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
I don't think he's on the level of any of those guys you listed, but I think he could cut a great promo with any of them, and that's something a lot of guys can't do.

I gave him an 8, not "epic" or even "great" on the mic, but very capable.
co-sign.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/525417-rate-raws-roster-using-bret-harts-10-10-10-scale.html

Take a look at this thread everyone bar about 3 people gave the Miz a 9 or a 10 in mic ability.
That might be because that thread was about grading the current Raw roster, with said roster being the pool out of which people could give grades.

Your pool against which we are supposed to grade The Miz in this thread is an All-Star list of mic workers.

It's like judging a senior high school class and selecting one of the best math students among that class in one thread, and then in another taking that same student and scrutinizing him against the likes of J.L. Lagrange, Isaac Newton, Carl Grauss, Henri Poincare, Pierre de Fermat, Leonhard Euler, Blaise Pascal, Georg Cantor, Srinivasa Ramanujan, Johann H. Lambert, Jakob Steiner and a whole host of other titans of mathematics.

It's not unamusing, just a little suspect.

·
Registered
895 Posts
He's certainly one of the better mic workers in the WWE atm. But sometimes i think he's to slow in his delivery, almost like he's trying to remember what he has to say. Also when he gets put on the spot by someone and he has to improvise he generally just responds with "Really?, really?, REEEAAALLLYYY?"

Those small issues aside. I like him on the mic and think he is extremely entertaining in his role. A solid 8/10

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
6 or 7 but to be honest it dosen't help having riley on his side who overshawdows him every week in delivery despite only being given a line or two to say.

·
A game brought
1,013 Posts
I think people highly overestimate him because it doesn't take much to insult someone. What separates any random rude jackass and people like The Rock is the ability to be FUNNY while insulting someone. This is why Edge is superior to Miz on the stick. The man knows how to do more than just parrot insults he's read on the internet.

I give him a 5 because really, The Miz, like Barret, is mediocre. He's not bad, he's not good, he's just average.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
He's just above avarage, I gave him a 6 aswell.

If you listen to him for the first time, I won't blame you for finding him entertaining but listen to some other promos of his... It's the same fucking shit with the same stupid monotonous voice and tone over and over again
I agree with you about CM Punk, but this thread is about The Miz. :lmao

1 - 20 of 67 Posts