Who should we rate next?

• Total voters
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think it's funny that you guys don't know what charisma is
Yep, folks like yourself who rate him low on that department don’t know what charisma actually is.

Your comment being ironic is quite amusing tbh.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,731 Posts
Hey @DammitChrist , I know I posted my ratings on the other place, but after thinking about it, I changed my mind. Is that okay? I'm pretty sure I've seen other folks change their ratings in the past on your rating threads and I think you said it's okay. If it's cool, these are my new ratings:

Look/Presence - 10/10
In Ring - 10/10
Charisma - 10/10
Mic Skills 10/10

CROSSFIT GAWWDDDDDDDDDDDD.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I agree with people saying he lacks ring psychology but he tends to keep matches exciting. To me, his weakness is his promos. I thought when he turned heel, we'd see a big improvement in his promos but I personally don't like his Messiah gimmick. He just doesn't have that "it" factor to make it work like CM Punk or Raven could.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Look/Presence - 5/10
In-ring ability - 6.5/10
Charisma - 3/10
Mic skills - 1/10

Worst voice in professional wrestling. He’s have been a jobber when wrestling was popular.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's a really weird way of calling out Jinder Mahal, especially when Seth Rollins is light years better than him as a world champion and as an overall talent.[/URL]
Nothing personal my friend!
I just honestly see things differently than you and few other guys, i guess ?
I truly believe these ratings done by you are at it's best when people give their honest opinion and not just the popular one.
Let me say one more time that you are doing absolutely fantastic job with these and i didn't meant to be an a**hole, just being straightforward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seth Rollins

Seth Rollins

? Look/Presence:...9.0 ? (his charismatic presence and mic-skill makes him a versatile and reliable star)
? In-Ring Ability:......8.0 ⭐ (he can deliver good matches, he's fun to watch, not always, but fun...)
? Charisma:.......... 9.0 ? (natural, confident, he can performance in high level, face or heel, it doesn't matter)
? Mic Skills:........... 9.0 ? (manages the tempo and the crowd as he pleases, along with KO the best of the best)

Reference:
? Look/Presence:... 0-3 ? / 4-5 ? / 6 ? / 7 ? / 8 ? / 9 ? / 10 ?
? In-Ring Ability:...... 0-3 ? / 4-5 ? / 6 ? / 7 ? / 8 ⭐ / 9 ? / 10 ?
? Charisma:........... 0-3 ? / 4-5 ? / 6 ? / 7 ? / 8 ? / 9 ? / 10 ?
? Mic Skills:............ 0-3 ? / 4-5 ? / 6 ? / 7 ? / 8 ? / 9 ? / 10 ?

(EDITED 2020-03-03: Updated with descriptions of each skills)

·
Team AEW
2,918 Posts
Look/Presence - 6/10
In-ring ability - 6/10
Charisma - 4/10
Mic skills - 4/10

I never liked him. When he turned on the Shield at first, I thought maybe he was just miscast as a heel, but as a babyface he wasn't good either. I just don't see it, no matter him being a pretty bad person in real life, as a talent I never found him interesting, apart from Ambrose feuds, and even then he never really truly shined. He's had some good matches, but that's pretty much it. As a character, he never really grabbed my attention, despite being constantly all over the show. I think the company just bet on a wrong man, maybe the pretty face is all Vince needs, I don't know.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Look/Presence- 7/10

Facially, he's a bit generic with the long dark hair and beard, we've all seen the memes comparing him to Ali and Elias, among others. I believe it was when Rollins was in FCW that he decided to put a blonde streak in his hair to differentiate himself, and it worked well- I'd rate blonde streak Rollins a 7.5 or 8 with that style choice. Fortunately, he makes up for the generic look in the face by having some cool outfits and other cosmetic changes- loved the White Power Ranger look from Summerslam that year, as well as the gold attire of WM33 and the White Walker contact lenses from WM34. His overall presence has improved as of late, and he's always had a better swagger as a heel.

In-Ring- 8.5/10

I understand the criticisms of him being too spotty and lacking psychology. I also think he's capable of reigning that in and has done it plenty of times, it's just how modern WWE works, they throw so much shit in there trying to get to that vaunted 5 star match territory, it's like the video games come to life. That all said, he's an amazing athlete who has had some incredible matches. Loved his work in the Gauntlet match on Raw 2018, and going back further, what I consider to be his breakout performance at Royal Rumble 2015 in a triple threat with Cena and Lesnar.

Charisma- 7/10

All comes down to how he's portrayed, I feel. There's a strong personality there, and I feel like it's one that can hold the attention of a crowd, and that's really what charisma is all about. It's not "how close to being The Rock is he?" I feel like real life Rollins is a bit of an egotistical dickhead, just going by his Twitter activity and the way he's acted when he's not in a rigid Raw script- when he got pranked on that Swerved show comes to mind. The Monday Night Messiah gimmick is letting him find his comfort zone on camera.

Mic Skills- 7/10

Delivers the script he's asked to well enough. Has a bit of an annoying voice, but that kinda plays into his favour now that he's a heel. Can't recall a lot of standout promos or even any little quotes from him, but when he speaks, he has my attention, I don't get bored, he's a clear and confident speaker. Worth noting that he has far more confidence on the mic than his early Shield days, which were honestly pretty weak for the most part. There's conviction and strength in his tone now.

·
seth will never be cool!
936 Posts
Look/Presence - 7
In Ring - 8
Charisma - 7
Mic Skills 5 - Pretty generous rating as he is unable to convey real emotion in a promo. I just don't feel his promos because he lacks acting ability/

21 - 37 of 37 Posts