Wrestling Forum banner

Who should we rate next?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone! It's your favorite part of the week again. Hopefully, you all managed to enjoy the Elimination Chamber ppv this past weekend, but I'm going to remind you folks that it is now time to rate another current superstar. I'd like to thank those of you who participated in last week's thread. Remember that all of your votes DO matter, but please just try to be objective. Let's also try to get as many responses here as possible now, and PLEASE try to vote on my poll :eek:

Kevin Owens ended up being ranked at 8th place in the current section so far. Unfortunately for Owens, the ratings for his look/presence hurt him drastically. However, the Prizefighter did receive a pretty damn good score for his mic skills. It turns out that Owens now has the 4th highest score for having the most charisma in the current section. He is also now tied with Daniel Bryan at 1st place for having the best mic skills out of anyone rated so far in the current section.

Here are the updated standings:

Current:

Daniel Bryan: 8.6 (Look/Presence 7.1, In-Ring Ability 9.7, Charisma 9.2, Mic Skills 8.5)
AJ Styles: 8.1 (Look/Presence 7.5, In-Ring Ability 9.7, Charisma 7.9, Mic Skills 7.1)
Brock Lesnar: 8.1 (Look/Presence 9.8, In-Ring Ability 8.8, Charisma 8.2, Mic Skills 5.4)
Drew McIntyre: 8.0 (Look/Presence 9.2, In-Ring Ability 8.1, Charisma 7.2, Mic Skills 7.5)
Randy Orton: 7.9 (Look/Presence 9.2, In-Ring Ability 7.8, Charisma 7.5, Mic Skills 6.9)
RO: 7.7 (9.2, 7.5, 7.3, 6.7)
Seth Rollins: 7.5 (Look/Presence 7.8, In-Ring Ability 8.2, Charisma 6.9, Mic Skills 6.9)
Roman Reigns: 7.4 (Look/Presence 9.2, In-Ring Ability 7.2, Charisma 7.1, Mic Skills 6.0)
Kevin Owens: 7.3 (Look/Presence 5.2, In-Ring Ability 8.0, Charisma 7.6, Mic Skills 8.5)
John Morrison: 7.3 (Look/Presence 8.2, In-Ring Ability 7.8, Charisma 6.9, Mic Skills 6.1)
Sammy Guevara: 6.8 (Look/Presence 6.3, In-Ring Ability 7.3, Charisma 7.1, Mic Skills 6.5)
SR: 6.3 (6.8, 7.2, 5.6, 5.5)

Women:

Asuka: 8.2 (Look/Presence 8.8, In-Ring Ability 9.2, Charisma 8.9, Mic Skills 5.9)

Today we will rate Aleister Black ( :mark: ) since he won the previous poll. This is your turn to vote. Make sure to keep up!

Please set each quality in this order (Look/Presence, In-Ring Ability, Charisma, Mic Skills), so it'll be easier to count your votes :)

NOTE: If you feel like you missed out on a previous rating thread of a superstar, then it is NOT too late!! I am still willing to count any of your votes for any old rating threads from this year. You folks have until the END OF THIS DECEMBER to do this; so just be sure to let me know which old rating thread you want me to include your vote in, and just be sure that it's from a thread in 2020. If you even feel like bumping up any of my older rating threads, then go right on ahead! My rankings are based off the MOST UPDATED standings. The MORE votes that are included to ALL of this, the MORE accurate the results will be. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VOTE ON MY POLLS TOO :D

Edit: Don't forget that the poll is MULTIPLE CHOICE.

Previous Thread:

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,672 Posts
Looks/Presence - 8/10: This might be a WWE issue, but he doesn't feel like a MASSIVE star yet. He is on the way though, and his look already is excellent. But having him cut spooky boiler room promos for 23 years wasn't exactly the biggest build up for the guy.

In-ring Ability - 7.5/10: I feel like I'm being extra harsh on the man because I can't remember a lot of excellent matches with him, outside of Gargano & Dream. He has amazing strikes though.

Charisma - 7/10: Hard to tell to be honest. He doesn't strike me as ultra charismatic though, but we'll see.

Mic Skills - 8/10: Pretty good on the microphone.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Look/Presence: 8/10

He's got a great look for his persona, from the hair and beard, to the tattoos, to the cool jackets/vests he wears. He's got good height too, so while he's not a massive guy, he's big enough to feel like an imposing threat to anyone. Tremendous presence from the second he appears on screen with that bad-ass entrance.

In-Ring: 8.5/10

He's had some VERY good matches. Really, the only reason he's not a little higher in this category is that he hasn't really had the opportunity on the main roster yet to have those classic tier matches against main event talent. But he's made the most of what he's had, I made a Top 40 Matches of the Decade list, and Black vs. Murphy from the TLC PPV at the end of 2019 just squeezed in there. It's the closest thing to a New Japan match I've seen in a WWE ring- besides maybe Zayn vs. Nakamura. He also had some great outings in NXT with the likes of Andrade, Hideo Itami and Adam Cole.

In case anyone's interested: Top 40 Matches of the 2010s

Charisma: 7/10

There's something there, I'm just not quite sure what that is. He carries himself well as the brooding type character, and he undoubtedly has a physical charisma with his intensity.

Mic Skills: 7.5/10

Black surprised me here. He was basically silent for so long in his NXT run, I thought they were avoiding having him cut promos because he couldn't. Far from the case. The only knock on his promos isn't really his fault- some of the verbiage comes across a little cheesy at times. He delivers it with conviction though.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,031 Posts
Look/Presence: 6/10

He’s got a good look, but he’s gotta tone up. He’s CM Punk like skinny fat and could stand to put on 10-15lbs of lean muscle to look more intimidating.

In-Ring Ability: 8/10

One of the best strikers on the roster and doesn’t go crazy with too many dives & flips.

Charisma: 5/10.

I get he’s trying to play the dark undertaker-ish gimmick. But he’s just missing something.

Mic Skills: 4/10

His pick a fight promos flat out suck ass. I’d pair him his wife and let her be his mouthpiece.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just bump up this thread due to the low number of votes. It's not too late to rate Aleister Black as an overall talent :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Look/Presence - 4/10
In-ring ability - 6/10
Charisma - 3/10
Mic skills - 3/10

This past Monday on Raw was the first time I was ever impressed by Black in a promo/skit. I liked his interactions with Rollins in the dressing room/broom closet.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
It's weird because NXT Aleister was a 9 or a 10, but the main roster version is easily a few steps down. Because that's just standard these days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I cant get past his skinny chicken legs.

I'd say
Presence 7
Ring skills 7
Charisma 7
Mic skills 6

He screams upper mid card at best.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Presence 8
Ring skills 9
Charisma 8
Mic skills 7

I've been high on Black since he was in NXT and I think he can be a big draw for them down the road. He just needs to improve his mic skills a bit and add a bit of muscle tone. He doesn't need a tan because he's one of those guys who wouldn't look right with one. (Sheamus is another)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look/presence: 9
He looks like he can kick your ass, and he can. He actually looks like a star and has character.
Ring skills: 10
Yeah he’s a 10. He can do anything. Yeah striking is his main tool because it goes with his character but he can grapple, do flips, and submissions
Charisma: 9
Need I say more
Mic skills: 8.5
Very good on the mic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts