Wrestling Forum banner

Who should we rate next?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
People scoring The Rock average or below for in ring are missing the point. In ring work isn't solely about high spots or technical ability. The level of psychology, drama, interest and emotion The Rock was able to get from the crowd in his matches is something that very little people can replicate. In addition to that, he also brought great intensity and certainly held his own in the spot department and was a great athlete as well.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
People scoring The Rock average or below for in ring are missing the point. In ring work isn't solely about high spots or technical ability. The level of psychology, drama, interest and emotion The Rock was able to get from the crowd in his matches is something that very little people can replicate. In addition to that, he also brought great intensity and certainly held his own in the spot department and was a great athlete as well.
What did you expect from a bunch of indie marks. :shrug

Anyway, I gave him 8.5, mainly because of his athletic ability, which is rare considering his size, and his in-ring psychology. IMO, he's probably one of the top 10 storytellers of all time. If you wanna learn about in-ring psychology just watch Rock/Hogan WM 18.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,685 Posts
Presence/Looks: 10/10 - Jesus Christ what a man.
In-Ring: 7.5/10 - Jesus Christ what a man.
Charisma: 10/10 - Jesus Christ what a man.
Mic Skills: 10/10 - Jesus Christ what a man.

Quite literally one of the most complete wrestlers. He might not have been the greatest "wrestler" but the Rock was the best "sports entertainer."

·
The Legacy Continues
1,260 Posts
The Rock
Look/Presence: 10
In-Ring Ability: 7
Charisma: 10
Mic Skills: 10

Verdict: 93 While Rock is a decent in-ring worker, I still regard him as the total package as his mic skills and charisma break any 10-point scale, but we have to cap him at 10 unfortunately :p. He deserves all his accolades, hollywood success and place as one of the GOATs.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Premium Member
44,037 Posts
Look/Presence: 10 = Dude has movie star looks and a magnetic presence to boot.
Charisma: 10 = I mean...for fucks sake, its The Rock. Come on guys.
Mic skills: 10 = Most of the time he was a catchphrase machine, but he could get heat, make you laugh, and get all intense and make it all feel natural.
In ring: 8 = I'd never call him one of my all time favorite workers and not everything he did looked crisp, but he knew how to use what he could do to engage the audience, and never really rested on his laurels, even at a time when he easily could have.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,102 Posts
Look/Presence: 9.5
Charisma: 10
Mic skills: 10
In ring: 8.5

Reactions: DammitChrist