Who should we rate next?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I apologize for being a little bit late since I almost forgot to do this today; but I'm still on schedule! While some of us are mourning Big Cass being released and Sami Zayn being injured for several months, I'll try to make your day better by reminding you all that it is now time to rate another classic superstar. I'd like to thank those who participated in my previous threads. Remember that all of your votes DO matter, but please just try to be objective. Let's also try to get as many responses here as possible now :eek:

Steve Austin ended up being ranked at 1st place in the classic section, which means that he'd outrank everybody that has already been rated in the current section so far according to his score. Unfortunately for Austin, the ratings for his in-ring ability hurt him slightly. However, the Texas Rattlesnake did receive excellent scores for his charisma, his look/presence, and his mic skills. As of right now, Austin has the best ratings for his charisma and his look/presence in the classic section so far. He is also tied with Chris Jericho for having the best mic skills in the classic section. It also turns out that Austin has the highest scores for his charisma and his look/presence out of any male talent rated so far.

Shayna Baszler ended being ranked at 9th place in the section for the women. Unfortunately for Bazler, the ratings for her mic skills, her charisma, and her in-ring ability hurt her drastically. However, the Queen of Spades did receive a very good score for her look/presence.

Here are the updated standings:

Classic:

Steve Austin: 9.5 (Look/Presence 9.6, In-Ring Ability 8.7, Charisma 9.9, Mic Skills 9.7)
Chris Jericho: 9.0 (Look/Presence 8.0, In-Ring Ability 8.9, Charisma 9.5, Mic Skills 9.7)

Current:

Daniel Bryan: 8.5 (Look/Presence 7.4, In-Ring Ability 9.6, Charisma 9.2, Mic Skills 7.7)
Samoa Joe: 8.3 (Look/Presence 8.5, In-Ring Ability 8.3, Charisma 8.1, Mic Skills 8.4)
AJ Styles: 8.3 (Look/Presence 7.9, In-Ring Ability 9.8, Charisma 8.5, Mic Skills 7.1)
Drew McIntyre: 8.1 (Look/Presence 9.5, In-Ring Ability 7.7, Charisma 7.5, Mic Skills 7.5)
Aleister Black: 7.9 (Look/Presence 8.5, In-Ring Ability 8.3, Charisma 8.2, Mic Skills 6.7)
Dean Ambrose 7.8 (Look/Presence 7.5, In-Ring Ability 7.0, Charisma 8.2, Mic Skills 8.5)
Randy Orton: 7.7 (Look/Presence 9.1, In-Ring Ability 7.8, Charisma 7.4, Mic Skills 6.4)
Andrade Cien Almas: 7.7 (Look/Presence 8.3, In-Ring Ability 8.9, Charisma 7.9, Mic Skills 5.5)
DA 7.7 (7.4, 6.8, 8.0, 8.4)
Braun Strowman: 7.6 (Look/Presence 9.3, In-Ring Ability 6.1, Charisma 8.4, Mic Skills 6.6)
The Miz: 7.6 (Look/Presence: 6.7, In-Ring Ability: 6.6, Charisma 8.1, Mic Skills 9.0)
Elias: 7.6 (Look/Presence 8.1, In-Ring Ability 6.0, Charisma 8.3, Mic Skills 7.9)
Seth Rollins: 7.6 (Look/Presence 7.8, In-Ring Ability: 8.5, Charisma: 7.2, Mic Skills 6.8)
Johnny Gargano: 7.5 (Look/Presence 6.5, In-Ring Ability 9.2, Charisma 7.8, Mic Skills 6.6)
Rusev: 7.5 (Look/Presence 8.0, In-Ring Ability 6.9, Charisma 8.1, Mic Skills 7.0)
Pete Dunne: 7.3 (Look/Presence 7.4, In-Ring Ability 8.7, Charisma 7.6, Mic Skills 5.5)
Sheamus: 7.3 (Look/Presence 8.3, In-Ring Ability 7.5, Charisma 6.7, Mic Skills 6.6)
Kevin Owens: 7.2 (Look/Presence 5.7, In-Ring Ability 7.7, Charisma 7.0, Mic Skills 8.3)
Bray Wyatt: 7.1 (Look/Presence 7.5, In-Ring Ability 5.7, Charisma 7.3, Mic Skills 8.0)
Sami Zayn: 7.0 (Look/Presence 5.5, In-Ring Ability 8.6, Charisma 6.9, Mic Skills 7.0)
Brock Lesnar: 7.0 (Look/Presence 9.5, In-Ring Ability 6.9, Charisma 7.7, Mic Skills 3.8)
Cesaro: 7.0 (Look/Presence 8.1, In-Ring Ability 9.2, Charisma 6.0, Mic Skills 4.5)
Shinsuke Nakamura: 6.9 (Look/Presence 7.6, In-Ring Ability 8.1, Charisma 8.3, Mic Skills 3.5)
Roman Reigns: 6.5 (Look/Presence 8.6, In-Ring Ability: 6.8, Charisma 6.2, Mic Skills 4.5)

Women:

Becky Lynch: 7.9 (Look/Presence 8.4, In-Ring Ability 8.1, Charisma 8.2, Mic Skills 6.9)
Charlotte Flair: 7.5 (Look/Presence 8.6, In-Ring Ability 8.3, Charisma 6.9, Mic Skills 6.2)
Mickie James: 7.3 (Look/Presence 7.7, In-Ring Ability 7.2, Charisma 6.9, Mic Skills 7.3)
Ruby Riott: 7.1 (Look/Presence 7.2, In-Ring Ability 7.5, Charisma 6.7, Mic Skills 7.0)
Alexa Bliss: 7.0 (Look/Presence 7.7, In-Ring Ability 5.2, Charisma 7.3, Mic Skills 7.8)
Sasha Banks: 7.0 (Look/Presence 7.1, In-Ring Ability 7.5, Charisma 7.5, Mic Skills 5.9)
Asuka: 7.0 (Look/Presence 7.7, In-Ring Ability 8.3, Charisma 7.9, Mic Skills 4.1)
RB: 7.0 (7.1, 7.4, 6.6, 6.8)
AB: 6.9 (7.6, 5.1, 7.2, 7.7)

Peyton Royce 6.8 (Look/Presence 7.3, In-Ring Ability 6.1, Charisma 7.0, Mic Skills 6.8)
SB: 6.8 (6.8, 7.3, 7.2, 5.8)
PR: 6.4 (6.9, 5.8, 6.6, 6.4)

Shayna Baszler: 5.9 (Look/Presence 7.5, In-Ring Ability 5.5, Charisma 5.4, Mic Skills 5.0)
SB: 5.5 (7.0, 5.1, 5.0, 4.7)
Ember Moon: 5.4 (Look/Presence 6.3, In-Ring Ability 7.9, Charisma 4.5, Mic Skills 3.0)
Carmella: 5.0 (Look/Presence 5.9, In-Ring Ability 3.0, Charisma 5.0, Mic Skills 5.9)
C: 4.9 (5.8, 3.0, 5.0, 5.9)
Nia Jax: 3.4 (Look/Presence 5.5, In-Ring Ability 3.1, Charisma 2.7, Mic Skills 2.1)
NJ: 3.2 (5.2, 3.0, 2.6, 2.0)

Cruiserweights:

Mustafa Ali: 7.3 (Look/Presence 6.7, In-Ring Ability 8.4, Charisma 6.8, Mic Skills 7.1)
MA: 6.8 (6.2, 7.8, 6.4, 6.7)

Today we will rate The Rock :)mark:) since he won the previous poll. This is your turn to vote. Make sure to keep up!

Please set each quality in this order (Look/Presence, In-Ring Ability, Charisma, Mic Skills), so it'll be easier to count your votes :)

NOTE: If you feel like you missed out on a previous rating thread of a superstar, then it is NOT too late!! I am still willing to count any of your votes for any old rating threads from this year. You folks have until the END OF THIS DECEMBER to do this; so just be sure to let me know which old rating thread you want me to include your vote in, and just be sure that it's from a thread in 2018. If you even feel like bumping up any of my older rating threads, then go right on ahead! My rankings are based off the MOST UPDATED standings. The MORE votes that are included to ALL of this, the MORE accurate the results will be :D

Previous Threads:

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/classic-wrestling/2366689-rate-classic-superstar-steve-austin-edition.html

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/nxt/2366697-rate-current-superstar-shayna-baszler-edition.html

Edit: Don't forget that the poll is MULTIPLE CHOICE.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
Yes! I was starting to jones for this :lol

Austin with only a 8.7 in ring? fpalm Some people. Oh well, on to The Rock!

Look/Presence: 10
In-Ring Ability: 8
Charisma: 10
Mic Skills: 10

Though not in my personal top five there's no denying the greatness of... well... The Great One. Looking at it objectively there's only one person I'd put The Rock second too, and it's the man we ranked last week Stone Cold Steve Austin... and it's not by much.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Rock:

Look/Presence: 10/10

In-Ring Ability: 8/10

Charisma: 10/10

Mic Skills: 10/10

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Mic Skills: 8

- Too reliant on catchphrases and buzz words.
If we're judging him on material, he should get like a 2. The word is skill, it's right in the title. Skill means delivery, not material. The mere fact of getting all that stupid shit over takes immeasurable skill.

The fact that people can't seperate the two baffles me to no end.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,601 Posts
If we're judging him on material, he should get like a 2. The word is skill, it's right in the title. Skill means delivery, not material. The mere fact of getting all that stupid shit over takes immeasurable skill.

The fact that people can't seperate the two baffles me to no end.
I take content and material in account as I've done with everyone else. And if it bothers me, why should I make a rating based on others? An 8 is sufficient.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
So because you take something that isn't part of the actual craft of working a mic into account and refuse to rate the actual skill as an actual skill, he gets a lower score. What are you gonna rate John Cena when we get to him? Zero? If anything, it should be the opposite. The fact that his material is so bad should increase his score, not decrease it. You can't get stupid shit like that over to the degree he did if you're only an 8.

Do you also rate their posture when they're lying on the mat as part of in ring ability? If you want to give the dude an 8, that's fine. Hell, give him a 0 if you honestly think he deserves it, but give him the score based on his actual merit.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,601 Posts
So because you take something that isn't part of the actual craft of working a mic into account and refuse to rate the actual skill as an actual skill, he gets a lower score. What are you gonna rate John Cena when we get to him? Zero? If anything, it should be the opposite. The fact that his material is so bad should increase his score, not decrease it. You can't get stupid shit like that over to the degree he did if you're only an 8.

Do you also rate their posture when they're lying on the mat as part of in ring ability? If you want to give the dude an 8, that's fine. Hell, give him a 0 if you honestly think he deserves it, but give him the score based on his actual merit.
sigh. Listen, if you're so bothered by me deducting 2 points for his promos being very repetitive (due to the constant catchphrases), then that's your problem. I'll stick with my 8 thanks.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts