Votes: 49 49.5%

Votes: 25 25.3%

Votes: 11 11.1%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow this show surpassed my expectations by a long shot. I wasnt even excited for the show but it was close to the first brooklyn takeover in terms of quality. Might even be a top 5 takeover of all time. Ember/Asuka with a moty candidate. The other matches didnt dissapoint aswell. Adam Cole. Redragon. This show had everything. I'm going with a 9

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Overall, I'd say an 8.

I wouldn't describe any of the matches as MOTYCs or anything, but it was solidly entertaining all the way through, and the debuts of Cole and reDRagon were great surprises.

·
Baby Yoda
30,259 Posts
Show had Coles debut, 3 MOTYCs, didn't like Hideo-Black and Roode-Drew.

7.5/10

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
two ****+, maybe three so I rate it a 1...Just kidding an 8.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,666 Posts

You had the first four matches which were all really good or better (Ember/Asuka was just plain awesome), Roode/Drew ending with a title change, and a huge debut of a new faction.

An eventful show with some great wrasslin.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
9 by wrestling standards and an absolute 10 by WWE standards.

Great matches, great finishes to story lines with immediate follow up's that come with top tier talent. I expected a 7 because it's WWE but it's NXT. Their shows are generally better than average and enjoyable but they don't blow me away. This show was better than every WWE PPV this year by a wide margin.

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
Definitely a great show. No bad matches, good crowd, hot debuts and title changes. Pretty solid stuff. Would not call any of the matches MOTY caliber but well, pretty dang close. And what matches weren't, were at least good. Show gets a knock for the main event being the deadest of the matches. Main event was good, but not the same level as what proceeded it. Which is largely fine due to the debut afterward.

I like the touch of the debuts both happening after a title change. (Y)

·
Premium Member
26,991 Posts
8/10

I felt Black/Itami was a low point and the first half of Drew/Roode but other than that it was a rather good show and it was cool to see Adam Cole debut. Azuka vs Ember was my favorite match.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
8. Strong show. Gargano/Almas and Asuka/Ember were both brilliant. Tag match was really fun too and the result shocked the hell out of me. Hideo and Black was good and had some sick strikes but overall felt a little rushed. Main event was solid but nothing special, just wasn't enough hype behind it. Asuka and Ember should have ended the show.

Reactions: Dolorian

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I enjoyed all the Matches on this card no bad Matches for me tho main event was kinda slow still enjoyed it. For me personally the motn was Alma's va Gargano I can't decide between asuka vs moon or black vs itmai being second best match I really enjoyed both.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Great show all around, a lot of people didn't like Hideo Vs Black but I enjoyed it. The Tag match was good, I marked out for RedDragon.

Gargano and Almas was a solid opener. The Main event was solid, Asuka Vs Ember was amazing. Asuka Retains, and Cole's debut and the pairing between him and Reddragon. I really really enjoyed the show.

The wrestling was great all around imo.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
8. I enjoyed all the matches, my boy Drew won the NXT title :mark: and the women's match was excellent. I know nothing about Adam Cole so I didn't get the excitement and I had no clue who the other two guys were.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I think it's time people stop doubting if takeover card will be good when match card maybe has not been looking good. This third takeover I see people saying oh this looks bad or this Match will be shit only to see them say this takeover was really good or this Match really surpassed my expectations. Like the aop vs sainty match

1 - 20 of 59 Posts