Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I hadn't been in PS for a long time because I gave up on banner making when I didn't feel I was prgressing. Well, I fucked around and came up with that today. I cut the spiderman sitting on the ledge myself. What do you guys think? Please, no number ratings. Just give the good and bad points.

·
L'Avvocato Del Diavolo
2,860 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of that picture, I think It's used way too often and In this banner I don't think it fits well. The colours in th BG seem to blend with the colours on Spiderman himself which may be intentional but I don't like It, It just makes It harder to see where the picture finishes in some places.

I like tha Background on the whole apart from that point I just raised. I like the text but obviously that's because It is the original text from the film.

All In all I do like It, but I'm used to seeing better stuff on this site. I think It could have done with a decent border to finish it off or something like that. Either way, nice work but there is room for improvement.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You did a good job on the cut, but otherwhise, i don't see anything too special.
I have no problem with the cut itself, however the blending could have been done a little better. The text is nice, however like Diablo said, it is just the spiderman font with a few layer effects. The border is not much of an issue for me, but like you said, a bigger one would stand out just a little more.

The BG is the part that really doesn't agree with me. It looks OK, but it's obviously just gradients, which kinda gives it the "too easy" look. I understand that you havn't done PS GFX in a while so i think it's pretty good under the circumstances....but work on more original BG's. Nice Job.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
hey when did he get photoshop damn i should check out we more theses days lol j/k i like it except for the fact i cant read the font at all i know what it is but i cant read it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I believe the background needs work and the cut is nice but it seems too dark. I like how you tried to keep a theme though. I think you should give a gradient border to it or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts