Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I say Flashy...

Anyway, here's a novelty - me making a banner and an avatar. I quite like the Pollock-esque background, but I think the text's a little insipid to say the least. I couldn't find anything more suitable though (or rather, I lost patience trying to do it). Advice and constructive criticism welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
for a first one, it's damn nice. don't like the text but i do like the style of it

·
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done another set in the same style but with a different colour scheme. Which ones do people prefer? Again I realise my weekness is the text.

·
The Comeback Kid™
1,285 Posts
I really like the style, I've never really seen anyone do a sig like that. The first one looks good all around, but the text is REALLY weak in the second one. In the first, the text blends and almost ilkes like paint, but in the second it just doesnt match.

9/10 though for originality.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
the text on the first one is better, use that one

·
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about text from first with second one's background? I'm too damn indecisive.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
well you can try..

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
They're all fugly if you ask me. My stomach turns every time I look at them.

The text on both suck. Stop making it so plain. It looks like you use PSP. Although it sucks, I know it can still do drop shadows and crap, try some effects. Try some motion blurs and carp* like that.

·
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're obviously not an appreciator of true art, NDF.

OZ, it was done with PSP, because my other alternative was Paint (which may have been more use). I'd have done some more effects (aside from the ones there) if I could work out how to or if there was some kind of tutorial there.

I've finally settled on this set. Don't care if people like them or not anymore, I do. May as well close this now.

*closed*

·
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, I didn't close it because of that, I closed it because the topic was done. I wondered what people thought of the banners, but I'm hardly going to get upset when they say they're crap as I'm well aware I'm a complete amateur using PSP (in fact, the extent of my graphics knowledge is that PSP is nothing compared to Photoshop).

I'll let someone else close this, rather than do it myself.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
Ratings don't get closed. Well, unless you're that X-Treme3840923849823948092348 guy.

(Photoshop has no capital S kthx <3)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts