Wrestling Forum banner

"rare" wrestlers you have seen wrestle live?

4K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  TakerFan4Life 
#1 ·
when i say rare i mean like wrestlers who usually don't appear often on tv, and when they wrestle live you mark out like a motherfucker.

i have seen like 7 raws and even went to wrestlemania 29, but the first time i went to a house show was back in 2003. it was right in the heat of the shane mcmahon and kane feud, and it was in toronto at the ACC

the main even was KANE VS SHANE IN A CAGE MATCH! i marked out like a motherfucker cause i have never seen shane live before and wasn't expecting it, and kane in 2003 was prime i don't care what anyone says he was never more over than 2003. in my opinion.

what about you guys, you see any rare wrestling appearences like shane o mac?

#13 ·
In one night(Raw 06/07/99) I saw Shane McMahon vs. X-Pac and Kane in a handicapped match(with Pete Gas and Rodney and Patterson and Brisco getting into the fray), Darren Drozdov wrestle Al Snow in a hardcore bout at a Boston bar, and Vince battle Shamrock in a Lion's den match. This was also the night that Vince was revealed as the Higher Power in the Corporate Ministry and Linda made Austin the head of the company. One of the best Raws ever.

#6 ·
I saw Owen Hart and the British Bulldog wrestle at a house show once. Same with Brian Pillman. But those weren't "rare" names to see at the time.

I think the real rare names would be anyone in McMahon family or some other character that doesn't step into the ring very often (like a Paul Heyman).

If we're looking in the last decade or so I've seen the Rock wrestle 3 times (which is pretty good since he hasn't had that many matches), I saw Hogan vs. Sting at a TNA Bound for Glory show (which was pretty amazing). And I saw Jerry Lawler wrestle, if you can't his match against Michael Cole as a wrestling match.

#7 ·
Antonio Thomas of the short lived WWE tag team the Heart Throbs(2005-2006) wrestles around Boston often.
Dustin Rhodes as a solo wrestler in 1990 years before Goldust.

#8 ·
Owen, Bulldog, The Rock and Stone Cold and Undertaker (not really "rare", I guess), Vince, Shane, Sable (just because she didn't actually WRESTLE that much), Luna Vachon, Lesnar... Can't really think of anyone else off the top of my head.

The only wrestler I never saw (who was my absolute favorite growing up)? HBK.... Went to numerous house shows, ppv's, and Raw throughout the 90's, but never got the chance to see him :(

Edit: Stunning Steve Austin in WCW (I guess that's semi-rare... Or, at least has some nostalgic value)

#12 ·
Lucky enough to have seen Yokozuna about 2 weeks before his passing. As a skinny 10 year old kid he literally did look larger than life.

Told this story before but Earthquake made a big impression on me as a child he was really nice when i met him and gave me one of his boot laces which I still have to this day.

Also anyone remember a wrestler called Billy Benoit he did the U.K indies in the early 00's he claimed to be a relative of Chris but obviously not sure how true that is.
I often wonder is his still wrestling or even if he was related to Chris.
He did have a Canadian accent, but then guess he still could have been any old Canadian wrestler coming from across the pond.

#14 ·
on the same card i mentioned in the op, evolution wrestled la resistance, seeing the original evolution live was epic, that theme was so boss (still is one of my favs) and flair did that turnbuckle spot he always used to do,

i really wish i would have been at a show to see the hardy boys, i've seen jeff live but never jeff and matt together.

#21 ·
on the same card i mentioned in the op, evolution wrestled la resistance, seeing the original evolution live was epic, that theme was so boss (still is one of my favs) and flair did that turnbuckle spot he always used to do,

i really wish i would have been at a show to see the hardy boys, i've seen jeff live but never jeff and matt together.
They used to lose opening bouts at house shows and dark matches on TV and PPVs before they were big. I saw them get squashed probably a dozen times.

#17 ·
I saw Scott Hall (w/ Kevin Nash in his corner) vs Steve Austin at a house show in Feb. 2002, and then got to see the exact same match again at WM X8 the following month. Pretty cool. Weird that they pretty much used the exact same spots in both matches. I figure the house show bout was a test for their actual PPV match.

#20 ·
I seen Test when I was a kid, I used to love him when I was younger, his theme, his ability, it was all Epic.

I also seen Kevin Nash at a house show in Scotland vs drew McIntyre and Booker T, I'd never seen Booker wrestle Live or Kevin Nash, not sure if they are Rare, but that's 2 legends competing in a house show. Was epic.

#23 · (Edited)
Singles Match
Brian Walsh vs. Ric Flair (w/Mr. Perfect)
Tag Team Match
Barry Hardy & Brian Donahue vs. The Rockers (Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels)
WWF Intercontinental Title Match
Bret Hart (c) vs. Bob Bradley
Singles Match
Irwin R. Schyster vs. Phil Apollo
Singles Match
Al Phillips vs. The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)
Tag Team Match
Chris Duffy & Peter Weeks vs. Jim Duggan & Sgt. Slaughter
Dark Match
Bob Bradley vs. Chris Chavis
Dark Match
Chris Walker vs. The Berzerker
Dark Match
The Berzerker vs. Tito Santana
Dark Match
Jake Roberts vs. Randy Savage
Dark WWF Intercontinental Title Match
Bret Hart (c) vs. Ric Flair (w/Mr. Perfect)
Dark Royal Rumble Style Match
The Beverly Brothers (Beau Beverly & Blake Beverly) vs. The Bushwhackers (Butch & Luke)
Dark WWF Tag Team Title Match
The Legion Of Doom (Animal & Hawk) (c) vs. The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon)
Dark WWF World Heavyweight Title Match
Hulk Hogan (c) vs. The Undertaker

This is the best card I went to. Dec 21st edition of WWF Superstars of Wrestling in New Haven, CT. I saw many of my fav wrestlers that night.

The second best card I went to was the first televised WWF Smackdown, also in New Haven, CT. Saw Owen Hart one month before his untimely death.

The Blue Blazer (w/ Jeff Jarrett & Debra) defeated Val Venis (2:19)
The Big Show defeated Test (0:47)
D'Lo Brown (w/ Ivory) defeated Droz (w/ Prince Albert) (3:16)
X-Pac & Kane (c) defeated The New Age Outlaws (Mr. Ass & The Road Dogg) to retain the World Tag Team Championship (7:00)
Ken Shamrock defeated Bradshaw in a No Holds Barred Street Fight (4:05)
Mankind defeated Big Bossman (1:35)
Steve Austin & Rocky Maivia defeated Corporate Ministry (The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) & Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/ Chyna, Pete Gas, Rodney, & Shane McMahon)) (5:00)

#25 ·
X benoit - he was a rare / limited edition wrestler for sure

#27 · (Edited)
I saw a "Mr. Anderson" dark match in WWE before he became "Mr. Kennedy."...."Kennedy."
He would go back to using the Mr. Anderson name while in TNA.

So not so much a rare wrestler, but a rare name. Kind of like if you saw a "Kane, The Undertaker" match before him becoming just "The Undertaker", and then all his future nicknames.

I saw Goldberg face-off with Evolution's Batista with Stone Cold in the ring during his short stay in WWE.

There's probably some more significant ones that I can't remember.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.