Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the three matches you're currently looking forward to the most at Bound For Glory? I'm guessing since there's 8 matches on the card that, that is indeed the final card. I can see them maybe squeezing Joe/Crimson in there.. but maybe not.

1) Bobby Roode vs Kurt Angle - TNA World Title
It's fresh, it's new, it's exciting. Everybody wants to see this match, it's going to be great, everybody wants to see Roode take the belt off Angle. The buildup has been great, ever since the BFG Series started.

2) AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - I Quit Match
Certainly nothing new but whatever, it'll be a great, entertaining match. These two will undoubtedly give it their all.

3) Sting vs Hogan
Believe it or not, it is big. Sure the IWC hates the living shit out of it but the casuals are definitely looking forward to it. The atmosphere will be amazing, it'll definitely be history. Plus the Philly crowd's participation here will be something to definitely look forward to.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Ray/Anderson - the chemistry was there during their match at HJ. no dq is gooing to make it 2x better.

Roode/Angle - potential MOTYC

Hogan/Sting - no idea how this one is going to end wich makes it very interesting for me to watch

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
1) Kurt Angle Vs. Bobby Roode: World Championship = The best thing TNA has going for it right now period. Its a nice angle, great build up for Roode, a fresh match up involving a young talent I have faith in and I am genuinely excited to see this match which will hopefully deliver on a Roode title win.

2) Rob Van Dam Vs. Jerry Lynn: Full Metal Mayhem Match = Yes its a bout that digs back into the past like Hogan/Sting and yes we've seen it already recently like AJ/Daniels, but I think the nostalgia juices have a little bit more life in this situation than the others. This match is, I think, going to be well received by the Philly crowd and hopefully these two are able to have a match that closely resembles their work in ECW.

3) AJ Styles Vs. Christopher Daniels: I Quit Match = I am sick & frickin' tired of these two having matches together. I mean my God, they had a match at Bound for Glory SIX YEARS ago and that was their SECOND Iron Man Match. I mean my God people! The juices are gone, aren't they? This one gets the three spot almost as a default because I know it will be a good match. I just wish TNA had been more creative in utilizing these guys than just doing the same thing over & over again.

The rest of the card is fairly blah. Aries Vs. Kendrick for the X Title...meh. I wish they had put Kazarian or Shelley in the challenger role to give us something different. MexAm Vs. Ink Inc is just an indicator of how bad that Tag Division has gotten this year. The KO 4 way is alright I guess, but nothing to jump up and down about. Anderson Vs. Ray could be a solid hardcore match, but I'm not expecting a classic. Whatever they are going to do with Samoa Joe, Morgan, & Crimson will probably be filler and not much else. And I fully expect Hogan Vs. Sting to be a disaster, possibly of Bret/Vince Mania 26 proportions.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,413 Posts
Roode/Angle
AJ/Daniels
Ray/Anderson

The title match is far and away the selling point of the PPV. If Sting/Hogan was maybe 5 years ago I'd say it could be something special but I just can't see Hogan physically being able to pull it off, the man can barely walk straight.

AJ and Daniels should have a different kind of match than they've had in the past due to the I Quit stipulation, still we've seen it plenty of times before. (Doesn't mean it won't be great)

I'm kind of torn on the Lynn/RVD match as well, it should be a hot crowd since they have huge history and it's in Philly but I don't feel the intensity of this feud really.

Basically Roode/Angle should be the wrestling match of the card. AJ/Daniels should be the violent match on the card. Ray/Anderson should be the funnest match on the card. Everything else could go one way or another.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
What are the three matches you're currently looking forward to the most at Bound For Glory? I'm guessing since there's 8 matches on the card that, that is indeed the final card. I can see them maybe squeezing Joe/Crimson in there.. but maybe not.

3) Sting vs Hogan
Believe it or not, it is big. Sure the IWC hates the living shit out of it but the casuals are definitely looking forward to it. The atmosphere will be amazing, it'll definitely be history. Plus the Philly crowd's participation here will be something to definitely look forward to.

This guy gets it.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
1. Angle vs. Roode. Obvious choice and sure will be a candidate for match of the year.

2. Sting vs. Hogan. Not because of the match quality, but because of all the starpower around it.

3. AJ Styles vs. Daniels.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I'm most looking foward to -

1) Championship Roode vs Angle - By far #1. Great chance for TNA to really show some faith in a native person.

2) KO's Winter vs Velvet vs Mickie vs Madison - Looking foward to Velvet possibly winning or at least some further development in the Winter/Velvet/Angelina angle.

3) Bully Ray vs Anderson - Cause Ray is such great character.

I'd care more about Sting vs Hogan is it really were Hulk's goodbye match. Styles vs Daniels will be nice but they've done it too many times by now. It needs something else to make it special again. I love Aries but am not interested in Kendrick. I don't care about RVD/Lynn or the Tag titles match.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Roode/Angle is the only one I'm looking forward to. Not sure how Daniels/AJ will work in an I Quit Match (couldn't they have done Ultimate X seeing how it's about the best of the X Division?) and have somewhat of a perverse interest in Hogan/Sting.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Sting vs. Hulk Hogan - I''m anticipating this match more than any other match in history. Perhaps it's because since I've started watching wrestling, I've never seen a match build for 19 months. I've wanted to see this since the day Sting hit Hogan with the bat on iMPACT for the first time. The star power, the fact that they are both HUGE legends at this point in their career, have not had a match in years, and it's such a huge match for TNA, I think about how much I want to see this every day, and cannot wait to see how it goes down on October 16, however the quality. The match will be surreal. I'm psyched.

Mr. Anderson vs. Bully Ray - The truth is, TNA has done something really cool. They've created two similar, yet contrasting characters and made me want to see them face off. Anderson is, of course, the asshole character. But at the same time, Ray has had an amazing run this year and is a very similar character. Despite having a warm-up match against each other, the build has really suggested how similar they are in terms of assholeness, being breakout stars, etc. The NoDq stip, Ray brawling through Philly, and Anderson being over everywhere has got to add up nicely.

Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode - The though of a TNA original winning the big one is awesome. A fresh face who is long overdue, has the look and the talent, against one of the best in the worls, for the world title. It's win win. Angle retains and gains huge heat, gets Roode over even more as a contender (unless he loses cleanly, which could still be used positively), or Roode wins and TNA fans witness the sight of one of the golden boys hold the world title. Not to mention, 15-25 minutes and it could be MOTYC.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Hogan/Sting for the pure comedy. It's going to be a spectacle of everything wrong with professional wrestling in front of a great crowd. I think this match is going to be cathartic for pro wrestling fans, a decade of hatred, embarrassment and frustration just pouring out of their eyeballs as they watch Hogan and Sting back rake each other while wearing t-shirts.

Nothing else I'm really genuinely excited about. Most of the matches on the card are tired rematches or feuds we've seen before, which is a really odd choice for a "big" PPV. Watching Bobby Roode get completely buried after being built-up so strongly is just going to be depressing. There's no way I can allow myself to get invested in that match given TNA's history. If Roode actually wins it will be a fantastic moment, but unfortunately you can't really look forward to that emotional payoff before it actually happens unless you want to set yourself up for disappointment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts