Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these kind of things have been done to death, but I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone had to say on this very debateable subject. Below I have listed what I feel are the ten greatest stables/factions of all-time. Rank them for who you feel is the greatest.

1.)NWO
2.)The Four Horseman
3.)D-X
4.)Evolution
5.)The Nation of Domination
6.)The Main Event Mafia
7.)The Nexus
8.)The Hart Foundation
9.)The Corporation
10.)The Ministry of Darkness

Now instead of just looking at it like you typically would, think about what each member of the group brought to the table and how that shaped the group and its imapct on the business. Mine personally would look like this:

1.)D-X
2.)NWO
3.)The Four Horseman
4.)The Corporation
5.)The Main Event Mafia
6.)Evolution
7.)The Hart Foundation
8.)The Ministry of Darkness
9.)The Nation of Domination
10.The Nexus

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wtf? LEGACY isn't in your top 10? Are you mad?
I'm thinking this is done in sarcasm, but if not, no Legacy isn't in my top 10. I honestly don't think they deserve it. Now that I think about it, Nexus probably shouldn't be there either, but I couldn't really think of any others that should be there.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I'm thinking this is done in sarcasm, but if not, no Legacy isn't in my top 10. I honestly don't think they deserve it. Now that I think about it, Nexus probably shouldn't be there either, but I couldn't really think of any others that should be there.
Yea I was just messin. I just can't get over how shit they were booked thats all.

BTW good list. I wouldn't have The Main Even Mafia on there and I'd have the Ministry and the Corporation a little higher.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I dont see why the nation of domination or Main event mafia deserve to be there over Nexus.

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont see why the nation of domination or Main event mafia deserve to be there over Nexus.
Really thinking about it Nation of Domination probably shouldn't be there. I just rememebr during the Attitude Era, their feud with DX was a very memorable one.
As for the MEM, it goes back to something I said at the very beginning. When you put together a group of all former World Champions, it automatically brings attention to your group and makes you look legitimate. Also at one time they held all the titles in TNA, like the Four Horseman did at one time. Thats basically why I included them. Personally I might be a little biased because I'm a huge fan of Kurt Angle, Sting, and Kevin Nash.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
....How the fuck are you possibly a fan of Kevin Nash, and not Scott Steiner. NOTHING to like about Kevin Nash.

NWO > The Nexus's theme music > Horseman > MEM > Nation > Everyone else.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Christian Coalition was the best stable TNA had. Christian as the world champ and AJ/Tomko as the tag champs. Then jealous Kurt had to fuck it all up. MEM was short lived garbage.

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
....How the fuck are you possibly a fan of Kevin Nash, and not Scott Steiner. NOTHING to like about Kevin Nash.

NWO > The Nexus's theme music > Horseman > MEM > Nation > Everyone else.
I used to be a Scott Steiner fan, until he made his comments about Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Ric Flair. Saying that the only way HHH made it to the main event was becasue he slept with the boss's daughter. Now I'm sure that played a part in it, but the man put in countless hours of hard work and for Steiner to overlook that and say what he said, it made him look like a petty, jealous a-hole. I'll never respect Scott Steiner. On the other hand, I know Nash has done his fair share of sketchy things, but he is a geniunely good person when he isn't with Waltman and Hall. The bad side of Nash is brought out by those two assclowns. Want proof? If it wasn't for Nash, HBK probably wouldn't be here right now. He said it himself.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The nWo completely changed and modernized the idea of a stable. Clearly no.1 (the idea went on too long...don't get me wrong). DX was simply an answer the nWo, trying to win some of the fans back to the WWF. Don't know how anybody could put them no.1.

Personal preference (based on impact, entertainment and originality):

From the list provided

nWo
The Four Horseman
The Ministry of Darkness
The Nation of Domination
The Corporation
D-X
The Hart Foundation
The Nexus
The Main Event Mafia/ Evolution

Others I enjoyed (& should be included over a lot of the ones above)

The Flock
The Oddities
The Brood
Million Dollar Corporation
The Dudley Boyz

Nexus has the potential to be huge, especially with Punk now on board. However, within a PG era, it's very hard to grow and maintain a good and realistic heel stable, especially after the fans know what nWo, D-X, Ministry etc feel like. In fairness to the writers though, on average they've done well so far. A few holes here and there, but not too shabby.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The Main Event Mafia was one of the worse stables of all time. The made TNA into an absolutely unwatchable show (from which it hasn't recovered). They won all the freakin' time and all the rest of the TNA roster were made to look like absolute jokes

·
Registered
560 Posts
1. LWO
2, X-factor
3. NWO 2000
4. los borricas
5. DOA
6. J.o.b squad
7. Kaientai
8. The odities
9. New Blood
10. Camp Cornette

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
The only stable out of those that I enjoyed, I man fully enjoyed was the Ministry of Darkness, they came at a time I was very much into the occult etc. And the image of that team was amazing. Horsemen when I got into wrestling was pretty much a state with all the stupid additions, but the impact they had back then was immense. But personally you can't bea ta bit of satanic rituals.

Ah the image of a petrified Ryan Shamrock, as Ken screamed to have her back, will stay with me forever, that and Mideon crawling on the floor next to the Acolytes and the obese Morpheus (Viscera in that studded jacket thing!), shame they had to ruin it by putting them with the Corporation, and in a way I'm surprised such a group doesn't exist in 2010, what with the kiddies loving Twilight and such.

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,906 Posts
Four Horseman defined stables for a long time and did shit none of the more modern stables ever thought of doing.

NWO I liked, but they got bloated and way overdone. I like the original NWO with only a very few people, but it very quickly turned into almost the entire roster and were way too powerful. Original NWO would be behind Horsemen, but not the travesty it became.

D-X
Ministry
Evolution
Hart Foundation with Pillman
Nation of Domination
Corporation

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Which version of some of these stables are we ranking? For instance are we ranking original DX, HHH-led DX, McMahon-Helmsley Factgime DX, or tag-team DX of recent memory?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Out of the stables I've seen (No 4-Horseman):

1) NWO
2) DX (HHH, X-Pac, Chyna, and New Age Outlaws)
3) Corporation
4) Ministry
5) Nation of Domination
6) Hart Foundation

I don't know how some of you rank Evolution over Hart Foundation, Nation of Domination, Ministry, and/or Corporation.

All members of Evolution became big, but that stable was boring.

·
Registered
258 Posts
1) DX
2) Ministry
3) Hart Foundation
4) NWO
5) Horsemen
6) Evolution
7) Nexus
8) Nation of Domination

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
from the list: (haven't watched the 4 horsemen enough)

1.)D-X
2.)NWO
3.)Evolution
4.)The Corporation
5.)The Nexus
6.)The Main Event Mafia
7.)The Ministry of Darkness
8.)The Nation of Domination
9.)The Hart Foundation

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
1.Early NWo (hogan, Hall, Nash, Giant, Syxx etc)

2.Horsemen (Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Wyndham/Ole)

3.DX (anything Pre HBK comeback)

4.Freebirds

5.Nation of Domination

6.Original Dudleys w/Gertner, Big Dick, Sign Guy,etc

7.Evolution

8. triple Threat

I always thought the Ministry was stupid, Taker was great, and the angles were cool, but everyone else was a bunch of bums.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts