Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, folks. How do you rank 'em after Week 1?

Here's my list:

1) Byron Saxton (Absolutely has IT on the mic. We'll see if he can go in the ring.)
2) Brodus Clay (Love his look. Be fun to see what this guy can do wrestling-wise.)
3) Derrick Bateman (Athletic, decent on the mic.)
4) Conor O'Brian (Opening promo was a little weird, but seemed comfortable at everything.)
5) Johnny Curtis (OK in the ring, horrible opening promo. Nothing stands out about him.)
6) Jacob Novak (Don't like him at all. Looks like he's wearing ******-tighties.)

What does your list look like?

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
OK, folks. How do you rank 'em after Week 1?

Here's my list:

1) Byron Saxton (Absolutely has IT on the mic. We'll see if he can go in the ring.)
2) Brodus Clay (Love his look. Be fun to see what this guy can do wrestling-wise.)
3) Derrick Bateman (Athletic, decent on the mic.)
4) Conor O'Brian (Opening promo was a little weird, but seemed comfortable at everything.)
5) Johnny Curtis (OK in the ring, horrible opening promo. Nothing stands out about him.)
6) Jacob Novak (Don't like him at all. Looks like he's wearing ******-tighties.)

What does your list look like?
my list is the same as yours

·
Registered
754 Posts
I agree with both of you guys as well. Hopefully in the coming weeks Curtis starts to shine because I know he can do better than what he did tonight

·
Banned
353 Posts
Im thinking about getting back into nxt
again is it going to be as good as the first season ?
what are the superstars like

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
I agree with the rankings you've given as well, I love NXT (Minus season 3) and this season looks pretty positive so far. Shame there's only 6 rookies instead of 8 though.

maybe you should go to wwe.com
He's from Australia, I assume he has the same problem as me where I can't view full shows on WWE.com or WWE's YouTube channel.

Just go to YouTube, type in "NXT Part" and organize the videos by Upload Date... choose the last part e.g. part 5/5 and scroll through the uploaders recent files and start at 1/5 and work your way through the parts.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
1. Conor O'Brian - Looks a bit different, and is good in the ring. A little akward on the mic, but he;s in first place at the moment.
2. Jonny Curtis - Has the ''superstars'' look. Good in the ring. Needs some mic work.
3. Byron Saxton - Good on the mic, let;s hope he doesn't over do it.
4. Brodus Clay - He's big and ugly, I wanna see him go in the ring.
5. Derrick Bateman - Does nothing to me. Generic face jobber to the stars. He also looks like the dude from Hot Rod (Andy Samberg)
6. Jacob Novak - Your cocky heel. Let's hope for him he will change a bit.

He's from Australia, I assume he has the same problem as me where I can't view full shows on WWE.com or WWE's YouTube channel.

Just go to YouTube, type in "NXT Part" and organize the videos by Upload Date... choose the last part e.g. part 5/5 and scroll through the uploaders recent files and start at 1/5 and work your way through the parts.
I know, I can't see the videos eighter. But he could look up some pics, bio's etc.
And yess the show is on youtube.

·
WindUp
163 Posts
wish i could watch :( cant view nxt wwe in uk :(

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
1. Derrick Bateman. A very energetic guy, he impresses me in ring, and he's ok on the mic. Looking forward to see more from him.
2. Johnny Curtis. He's pretty good in the ring, and i think he has the best look in this competition. He's kinda eh on the mic i gotta admit, i hope he will pick it up next week.
3. Jacob Novak. I like his calm persona, his mic work is pretty decent, his in-ring work is nothing impressive though.
4. Conor O'Brian. Kinda indifferent towards the guy, he just lacks...something. His mic work is decent though, and he's also good in the ring.
5. Byron Saxton. Man this guy totally kills it on the mic, a very charismatic guy, i haven't seen him in the ring so i can't really rank him any higher.
6. Brodus Clay. I don't like his look, but he's pretty good on the mic, he also has interesting personality which automatically makes him standout and that's a good thing, can't wait to see him wrestle.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
Atm it's

Bateman
Clay/Saxton
O Brian
Curtis
Novak

Curtis' match was pretty sloppy, thought Bateman did well in the ring and Clay/Saxton seemed the best on the mic.

·
Registered
241 Posts
1) Brodus Clay - I like his look. He surprised me as to how good he was on the mic. He has speed for size. And I know he's decent in the ring - he's the "world's biggest suplex machine" in FCW. I just feel sorry for him that he has to work with DiBiase who's as bland as a wall.
2) Byron Saxton - Oozes with charisma. I think he has the IT factor the WWE are looking for. I think he could be a good face or heel. Loved his backstage promo with Masters.
3) Derrick Bateman - Good in the ring, and ok on the mic.
4) Conor O'Brien - I actually find his opening promo slightly amusing, but very generic in the ring. Nothing special.
5) Johnny Curtis - Very disappointed with him. Heard a lot of hype, but I just don't get it. Even when he's in FCW I seem to miss it.
6) Jacob Novak - Don't mind his look, but seems quite generic in other aspects. Maybe a little too green in the ring.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Off Topic Sorta
I am downloading and will watch later then comment

wish i could watch :( cant view nxt wwe in uk :(
This channel has High Quality now
http://www.youtube.com/user/WWEKingHDv2

These are also usually good High Quality channels to bookmark. Keep an eye on them because after 2 'strikes' they will change to a new channel name but will advertise it before they do.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSHDV1

http://www.youtube.com/user/xWWEHDTV3x

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPhilippTV

If you want to download to watch them later and you use Windows and FireFox then get the extension FlashGot (NOT the download manager FlashGet) and the FireFox extension DownThemAll (it's a download manager)
You don't have to let the video play all the way to the end like streaming, it just needs to appear on screen so FlahGot can get the address then you can move onto the next one. DownThemAll will organise the downloads for you, when one finishes the next will start etc.
Note: YouTube wants to make life difficult so any downloaded videos will not have the extension name on the end.
Just rename the video file by putting .flv on the end and that's it.

Recommend VLC player if you need one, it plays almost anything and it's free.

FlashGot There are links to the FAQ and forum
DownThemAll
VLC player

Reactions: Dark Raven

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Atm it's

Bateman
Clay/Saxton
O Brian
Curtis
Novak

Curtis' match was pretty sloppy, thought Bateman did well in the ring and Clay/Saxton seemed the best on the mic.
Agree w/ this.

Bateman was definately the most impressive last night, and was pleasantly suprised with Clay.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
From what I've seen there's a fair gap between the first 3 and last 3 atm, of course Clay/Saxton may suck in the ring, idk.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
IMO...

O'Brian...Great delivery on his promo and it stood out way above the rest just for what he talked about and how he said it. Facial expressions were awesome, and some people will say "did he really just say he looked like a rat" and think that it was rather weak, but he turned something that people have said he looks like into a way of establishing his character. Wasn't sure about the accent at first when i saw him debut this gimmick on FCW, but it sets him apart from the rest and will make people take notice.

Saxton...Best mic worker on the show, and despite not seeing him wrestle yet i think he has already rather subtly started to generate heat despite not being an obvious heel through his promo. I hope and cant wait to see him wrestle and surprise everyone on this forum by how good he actually is in the ring. He's been kept under the radar on FCW by utilising him in a commentary position, but he has obviously been working and training hard from his 2/3 matches he has had on FCW TV recently.

Samberg...I mean Bateman...Decent enough promo which surprised a few people, and good showing in the ring which also surprised a few people after the criticism the guy got before the start of the seaon.

Curtis...Not a great first promo but wasnt that bad. And he picked up a win which is why i've ranked him above Clay, although once Clay has a match i think once again it will surprise a lot of people and he'll be up there.

Clay...Good first promo, but nothing else to go on, but has made a good impression from the sounds of it.

Novak...Generic as hell from his plain white jacket right down to his plain white trunks. Promo was delivered alright, but it was just plain boring. And he didnt do anything to stand out in the ring during his match with Curtis either. He will stay right at the bottom until he gets booted first IMO.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Week 1.

1. Derrick Bateman (Overall most impressive so far, reminds me of Wade Barrett)
2. Brodus Clay (Good look, presence, mic skills etc. What about wrestling?)
--------------------
3. Byron Saxton (Solid, not as good as I expected)
4. Conor O'Brian (Showed some personality but still pretty forgettable)
--------------------
5. Jacob Novak (Young HHH? Higher if not for that white attire.)
6. Johnny Curtis (Biggest disappointment, but atleast he might have potential.)

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Connor
Brodus
Bateman(though, im afraid i will get annoyed with him after a while)
Saxton
Curtis(see bateman)
Novak imo, he's too skinny for being 6'6

i think they will all make it to the roster eventually anyway.. it's going to be a good season

1 - 20 of 98 Posts