Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 7 men to have held the MITB briefcase, and be called Mr. Money in the Bank, each with their own record(s):

Edge (WrestleMania XXI, 2005)

• The original Mr. Money in the Bank.
• Longest holder of the MITB briefcase
• First man to hold and cash in MITB twice
• First man to win MITB from original holder

Rob Van Dam (WrestleMania XXII, 2006)

• First man to be Mr. Money in the Bank and Intercontinental Champion at the same time
• First man to win a title while holding MITB
• First man to cash-in briefcase at a planned PPV

Mr. Kennedy (WrestleMania XXIII, 2007)

• First man to lose MITB briefcase
• First man to never cash-in MITB

CM Punk (WrestleMania XXIV, 2008, WrestleMania XXV, 2009)

• First man to actually win MITB twice in a row

Jack Swagger (WrestleMania XXVI, 2010)

• Last man to win MITB at WrestleMania

Kane (Money in the Bank, 2010)

• First man to win MITB at MITB PPV
• First man to win the blue SmackDown-exclusive briefcase
• Shortest holder of the MITB briefcase

The Miz (Money in the Bank, 2010)

• First man to be Mr. Money in the Bank and United States Champion at the same time
• First man to win MITB while still a champion
• First man to win the red Raw-exclusive briefcase

In order from best to worst, who do you think was the greatest and worst Mr. MITB so far?

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
In terms of how it benefited/benefits them...

Edge
CM Punk
Jack Swagger
Rob Van Dam
The Miz
Kane
Mr. Kennedy

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Edge
CM Punk
Jack Swagger
The Miz
Rob Van Dam
Kane
Kennedy

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
1. Edge
Money in the Bank is known as HIS match. His first cash-in cemented him as a main eventer and he has stayed there ever since.

2. CM Punk
First guy to ever win two Money in the Bank Ladder matches. His first win was pretty random, and the fact that he ended up winning it two years in a row was really surprising. I'd say his second win was what really put him on the map.

3. The Miz
Ever since winning Money in the Bank, he has became one of Raw's top Superstars. He may not have cashed it in yet, but he is probably the fastest rising superstar in WWE today. The briefcase takes him that much further.

4. Kane
Before winning it, he was pretty much a JTTS, running on a treadmill... no direction whatsoever. His win pretty much re-invented him as a character, and made him a serious threat again. Sure he didn't really have a run with the briefcase, but the fact that it lead to his current push is enough for me to rank it as number four.

5. RVD
It's a shame what road this win left to. He is the first ever guy to reveal his cash-in date, and he won it in an amazing match, on an amazing night. Even though he is a former WWE Champion, I don't think he benefit much from this win. He was pretty much back to the midcard after he got busted.

6. Jack Swagger
It brought him up the ranks a little, he is a former World Heavyweight Champion and is probably Smackdown's number two heel. But The reason I rank this so low is because Swagger is almost in the exact same place right now, that he was before he won the briefcase. He spent his entire run on Raw fighting MVP and losing to Kofi Kingston. That's exactly what he is doing right now. I hope they can prove me wrong and push Jack Swagger back to the main event after the whole Kane/Undertaker storyline blows over.

7. Mr. Kennedy
Anderson is one of my favourite wrestlers on the planet, and the way this whole storyline turned out is pretty depressing. He starts doing the whole countdown clock, then injures his shoulder. Doctor says he will be out for 6 to 8 months, so he loses the briefcase to Edge, who goes onto become World Champion the next night on Smackdown. Anderson actually returns in June, so the doctor completely messed up. During this time, he could have been still doing the countdown clock, therefore the whole MITB loss was unneccessary. So while he is floundering on Raw, Edge is winning countless world titles on Smackdown. I hate to say it, but his MITB run was a failure. Which is sad because his win was by far my favourite.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
That 2nd CM Punk win is probably why he's at the top of my list here.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
Edge
CM Punk
The Miz
Kane
Rob Van Dam
Jack Swagger
Mr. Kennedy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Edge - MITB' make him a star & Rated-R
CM Punk - he' won it twice
Miz' - he's awesome
RVD - he made a great run as a Mr.MITB
Kane - This really make him relevant again
Kennedy - the hold countdown thing' & etc make this good & even losing the briefcase he's gold

Jack Swagger - He' didnt do anything with the briefcase , with the title ... he didnt do anything
Creative blow off a great oportunity giving that briefcase to Swagger .

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
1. Edge
2. Kane
3. CM Punk
4. Jack Swagger
5. The Miz
6. RVD
7. Mr. Kennedy

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
1. Edge - His first cash-in remains the most epic. The whole concept is tailor-made for his "ultimate opportunist" gimmick (which was largely crafted through MITB in the first place)

2. Punk - Has also cashed in twice. His first title reign was a rushed failure, but his second cash-in was brilliant.

3. Miz - Hard to rank him considering we don't even know what the end result is, but based on what he's done just holding the briefcase, I think he belongs right up here. He's really the first guy since Edge to make a total gimmmick out of holding the briefcase. Plus, he's sort of lulling everyone to sleep with the way he's held it so long (sort of like Edge's first go-round), so when he does cash in it'll be an even bigger deal.

4. RVD - So far he's the only guy to cash in by way of a real match, not just taking advantage of a fallen champion. His win at ONS was a big goddamn deal. While hindsight tarnishes the memory of RVD's run with the briefcase - seeing as how his big pushed was squashed because he got caught with pot, which is sort of like catching a fish in water - it still stands that the end result of him holding the briefcase was tremendously entertaining television.

5. Kane - Say what you will about him and his title run, but it's been interesting to say the least. Most importantly, it's been memorable, so I think you have to call it a success.

6. Kennedy - 24 hours might have changed the course of wrestling history. If Kennedy hadn't gotten "hurt," he would've won the belt from the injured Taker, and not Edge. He was going to win the title; that's a no-brainer. It was just a fluke occurrence. And while I know everyone else is putting him last, for as bad as things turned out for Kennedy, I still think the next guy deserves to be at the bottom of the list.

7. Swagger - The least sensible booking out of the whole lot for the least deserving winner thus far. One week he's jobbing to Santino, the next he's World Champion. Swagger could've been a believable champion if they'd given him 8 months or so of build; instead they gave him less than a week. His title reign sucked, and by pushing him way too fast way too soon, they might have done more damage to Swagger than they did to Orton in 2004. It was an awful, awful decision, and actually made Swagger look like an even bigger joke than we was before he won the title, if that's even possible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Edge- He was the original and he shocked the world by cashing it in at New Year's Revolution.
CM Punk- Punk got two lengthy reigns both times he cashed in the MITB. It turned out great for Punk and led to the "Straight Edge Messiah"
RVD- The hype built around ECW ONS and RVD's match was incredible. He might have only held it for a few weeks, but his win gave fans what they finally wanted.
Kane- The match to win the MITB briefcase was amazing. Kane is still the champion and has enjoyed a three month regin as well as a high profiled feud with the Undertaker
Miz- I'm only putting him here because his match was great, and holding the briefcase for such a long time just builds suspense to when he'll cash it in like it did for Edge.
Jack Swagger- Great win, terrible title reign. Did nothing to his character, he lost the title and went back to mid-card status right after that.
Mr. Kennedy- Feel bad for the guy. He could of kept the briefcase if the doctors hadn't diagnosed him wrong. Only MITB winner aside from the Miz to never win the title.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts