Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now all eight films are done. How do you rank them. Worst to best.

My rankings go.

8. Half Blood Prince
7. Order of the Pheonix
6. Philosophers stone
5. Chamber of secrets
4. Goblet of Fire
3. Deathly Hallows part 1
2. Deathly Hallows part 2
1. Prisoner of Azkaban

·
Registered
107 Posts
1. Order of the Phoenix
2. DH pt2
3. DH pt1
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Goblet of fire
6. Half Blood Prince
7. Chamber of secrets
8. sorcerer's stone

Mine is favorite to least favorite.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,745 Posts
Hallows Part 2
Hallows Part 1
Half Blood Prince
Azkaban
Philosophers Stone
Goblet of Fire
Order of the tapping Cho Chang's butt

·
......................... .
7,776 Posts
8. Order of the Phoenix
7. Deathly hallows p1
6. Deathly hallows p2
5. Half blood prince
4. Goblet of Fire
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Philosophers stone
1. Chamber of secrets

from worst to best. I liked it when the film stayed true to the books, which is why in the later films it annoyed me when they cut out big parts from the book

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Deathly Hallows Part 1 - ( 9)
Prisoner of Azkaban - (8)
Deathly Hallows Part 2 - (7)
Goblet of Fire - (6)
Half Blood Prince - (6)
Philosophers Stone - ( 6)
Order of the Phoenix - ( 5)
Chamber of Secrets - (5)

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Prisoner of Askaban
4. Deathly Hallows part 1
5. Half Blood Prince
6. Philosophers Stone
7. Chamber of Secrets

Haven't seen DH pt 2

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
8. Goblet of Fire
7. Order of the Phoenix
6. Deathly hallows p1
5. Half blood prince
4. Deathly hallows p2
3. Chamber of secrets
2. Philosophers stone
1. Prisoner of Azkaban

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Tbh I can't really rank them in quality, they're all too close, most of them are good/very good borderline and I will be here all night thinking about it so I will do my personal favourites in order.

*excluding DHP1 as I have yet to see it*

1 Prisoner of Azkaban
2 Philosophers stone
3 Chamber of Secrets
4 Deathly Hallows part 2
5 Order of the Phoenix
6 Half Blood Prince
7 Goblet of Fire

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Prisoner of Askaban
4. Deathly Hallows part 2
5. Half Blood Prince
6. Deathly Hallows part 1
7. Philosophers Stone
8. Chamber of Secrets

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
1 Goblet of fire
2 Deathly Hallows part 1
3 Deathly Hallows part 2
4 Chamber of Secrets
5 Half Blood Prince
6 Order of the pheonix
7 Prisonor of Azkaban
8 Sorcerors stone.

·
......................... .
7,776 Posts
on a separate note, it still annoys me that the changed the US version of the Philosophers Stone to 'Sorcerers stone', as they said americans wouldn't read anything with philosopher in the title. Takes away a bit of the meaning, as historically there is the concept of the philosophers stone.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
1. Deatlhy Hallows: Part Two
2. The Philosophers Stone
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Order of the Phoenix
6. Half Blood Prince
7. Deathly Hallows: Part 1
8. Chamber of Secrets

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
Difficult task.

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Deathly Hallows pt 2
3. Philosophers Stone
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Half Blood Prince
6. Order of the Phoenix

7. Prisoner of Azkaban
8. Deathly Hallows pt 1

I wasn't a fan of Prisoner of Azkaban, didn't like the plot, though I loved what they did with the rat character. I thought Deathly Hallows pt 1 dragged majorly. The period in the middle where they were in fields with extended dialogue was pretty boring. They should've just made 1 film for the finale. The others though are all very close. I picked Goblet of Fire as I didn't see the twist coming (I only read the first three books). There's parts of all 7 films I liked. Deathly Hallows pt 2 was a great ending, I loved what they did with Snape's character. Philosophers Stone had a weak plot but was the film that started the series and did a great job of introducing the audience to the concept of Hogwarts and 'The Wizarding World'. Chamber of Secrets told a fantastic story. Half Blood Prince did a great job building the relationship between Harry and Dumbledore before the death of the latter which really surprised me at the time. Order of the Phoenix had my favourite moment of the lot with the showdown in the ministry, though the awful woman character who took over the school means I wouldn't rate it any higher.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. Order of the Phoenix
2. DH pt1
3. DH pt2
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Goblet of fire
6. Half Blood Prince
7. Chamber of secrets
8. sorcerer's stone

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
Azkhaban is easily the best.

All the films after the fourth one suck.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Azkhaban is easily the best.
Cuaron was a hell of a director, great great movie. Really liked it. I'm having a hard time ranking these since I know which one is clearly my favourite and which one I hated the most.

Half Blood Prince was my 2nd favourite book of the series but it did not transcend the movie otherwise I'd probably rate it much higher.

8. Order of the Phoenix
7. Chamber of Secrets
6. Half Blood Prince
5. Deathly Hallows Part 1
2. Sorcerers Stone
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
1. Deathly Hallows Part 2

·
Registered
412 Posts
1. Deathly Hallows Part 1: Absolutely brilliant movie that succeeds in making the infinite camping trip of the book into something worthwhile. It was dark, yet still managed to feel like a grown-up Potter should. Much better than the awful waste of space that is the book.
2. Prisoner of Azkaban: Despite its reluctance to stay true to the book, it is actually a well-directed film that began the darkening of the series. Not as good as the book, but still worthwhile.
3. Goblet of Fire: Really enjoyed it, even though there were questionable retcons (Hermione not being the one to stand by Harry during Ron's 155th temper tantrum) it is still an enjoyable film that manages to be both exciting and enriching.
4. Sorceror's Stone: About as true to the book as any of the movies has been and it's an unforgettable introduction to the World of Harry Potter.
5. Deathly Hallows Part 2: I wasn't sure where to place this, having seen it only the once, but for now the middle works. It's a fantastic and cinematically reward film that is still much better than the book it's based on, but the elements that JK likely demanded be retained (the godawful epliogue) lower it on my list.
6. Order of the Phoenix/Half-Blood Prince: Both are really good films, but they fall lower on the list mainly due to subject matter. Order is nowhere near as good as the book, which I consider to be the pinnacle of the series, and way too short, though Luna Lovegood steals the show. Half-Blood Prince is a hell of a lot better than the boredom of the book and even manages to make the awful romances somewhat believable, but the resolution of the Half-Blood Prince subplot leaves as much to be desired as the book's incarnation did.
7. Chamber of Secrets: Still a good film, but it goes on way too long and tends to drag out unnecessary bits. Dobby was well-done in this movie and the relatively unknown actor who plays Tom Riddle is brilliant (perhaps better than the HBP version as well), but it really is hard to sit through sometimes.

If I were to directly compare them to their book counterparts:

DHP1 and DHP2 > DH (Book)
HBP > HBP (Book)
OOTP < OOTP (Book)
GOF = GOF (Book)
POA < POA (Book)
COS = COS (Book)
SS = SS (Book)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I really have no idea how people can hate on DHpt1 saying it dragged on. It was brilliantly paced and was a great "calm before the storm" film. Imagine for a second they put DH in just one film, they wouldve had to edit out the time it took for them to find the horocruxes and lessen the magnitude of finding one cause theyd have to find one every 10-15 mins or so. DHpt1 was fantastic.

·
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!
5,022 Posts
1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Deathly Hallows Part 2
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Philosophers Stone
5. Half-Blood Prince
6. Deathly Hallows Part 1
7. Order of the Phoenix
8. Goblet of Fire

I'm a huge fan of Prisoner of Azkaban; the plot had me hooked and I like the way the film progressed throughout. The finish in particular was great and was one of my favourite moments in the entire Harry Potter film series. Next, the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was an epic film to end the series, the showdown at Hogwarts and the final encounter between Harry and Voldemort was done well and it felt like the perfect ending to the Harry Potter franchise. I also thoroughly enjoyed Chamber of Secrets; sure it was long but I was really engrossed in the story, especially towards the latter part of the film. The Philosophers Stone started it all off and was a solid introduction to the Harry Potter series and the concept of Hogwarts and the magical world was done well. The Half-Blood Prince was a good film and I was a fan of Slughorn, who made the film for me. Deathy Hallows Part 1 did a brilliant job in building up the film and Harry and co's journey to find the rest of the horcruxes whilst staying hidden. Order of the Phoenix is another good film but I don't rank it as highly as the others. It was good to see Sirius back and the showdown at the Ministry was fantastic. Finally, Goblet of Fire albeit, a decent film, I just wasn't a huge fan of. The special effects were great and the ending was enthrilling to watch but besides that, I just wasn't as into this film in comparison to the others.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts