Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throughout Owen Hart's WWF run he has had many tag team partners, including 3 he had won Tag Team championships with. Those partners were Yokozuna, British Bulldog, and Jeff Jarrett. Now what I want to know is how everyone ranks the 3 as tag team partners of Owen. It can be based on any criteria you chose, how well he worked with the parter, how well they functioned as a team, etc. Be sure to explain your thoughts on each team up.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
My Favourite partner of Owens was the British Bulldog. I Though there in ring styles complemented each other really well (Owen was the fast paced technician and Bulldog was the Powerhouse) Yokozuna would be a close second with Jeff third as I never really liked them as a team.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,801 Posts
1. Davey Boy Smith. Easily his best partner. One of the best tag teams during that time in wrestling.

2. Jeff Jarrett. These two had great chemistry and their run was sadly cut short due to Owen's death.

3, Yokozuna. Pretty good team but I much prefer the other two.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. British Bulldog: Clearly Owen's best tag team partner, Had longest reign of his three, Not to mention both were double champions at the same time for a few weeks. Bulldog had the European Championship, and Owen had the Intercontinental Championship.
2. Yokozuna: Random on paper but it worked in execution.
3. Jeff Jarrett: Never liked that team up.

·
Registered
982 Posts
1-British Bulldog:

2 of the best wrestlers ever managed by Jim Cornette! That speaks for itself. The only thing I can say is if it only happened in the late 80's and early 90's when the company was rich with tag team talent (Demolition, Hart Foundation, Rockers, LOD, Brain Busters, Strike Force....) there would have been some CLASSIC confrontations! By the time they hooked up, the tag division was diluted.

2-Yokozuna

The pairing wasn't bad, but Yoko was not as mobile and Owen had to be the ultimate workhorse. Also, like in the case of the Bulldog pairing, the division was diluted.

3-Jeff Jarrett

I have never been a fan of the highly overrated Jarrett. This reign happened at a time where titles were being tossed around like hot potatoes. Also, the team was heavily reliant on outside distractions from Debra that would make a (then) 50 year old Jerry Lawler scream (PUPPIES)! What's even worse about this looking back is that if they rode this pairing out longer as this was what Owen was doing right before he went back to being The Blue Blazer, Owen might still be with us :cry:

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
1) Bulldog
This team made the most sense, they're family and definitely had chemistry in the ring.

2) Jarrett
They felt kinda thrown together but again, there was definitely chemistry there

3) Yokozuna
This one was kinda all over the place for me. Thrown together which pretty much no real backstory besides "Yokozuna beat my brother" which made sense for Owen's story but it didn't really inspire me, when there's all these other teams with better stories and chemistry

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Yoko I thought made the best dynamic. It allowed Yoko to get all of his shit in and have longer matches while morbidly overweight. I always liked the idea of monsters being the "clean house" guys in a tag team while the more athletic guy does most of the work beforehand.

Bulldog worked well with Owen, but they both worked a similar style, so what they individually brought to the team didn't really stand out.

Same with Jarrett, only the pairing felt like a demotion for Owen at that point in his career, and Jarrett still had legs as a singles guy. Jarrett had a bit more charisma than Bulldog, so at least they had that going for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts