Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of the movie "The Wrestler" although I do wonder if the protagonist would be successful if The Ram was a genuine real life wrestler.

Do you think if Mickey Rourke legitimately wrestled from a young age under the Randy The Ram Robinson gimmick it would have been a success in the WWE?

·
Mick Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts
I also loved that movie. But he did say in an interview somewhere he was just an actor and couldn't wrestle, but respects the hell out of all the superstars for what they do.

Guess he was always just a boxer in his younger days

Oh yeah!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps I didn't phrase it properly. By Mickey Rourke I don't mean the actor or boxer, I mean the character he was playing. So presuming he trained in amateurs at college, went on to developmental, then became a WWE wrestler. It's more about the gimmick than being about Rourke specifically, because the guy couldn't wrestle for shit in the film and obviously the idea of him being a wrestler is ridiculous.

I'm suggesting you use your imagination and engage with the character, and whether he would ever get over or would be lost in lower/mid-card mediocrity.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
So were discussing whether or not a fictional character would have done well of he were real? Seems kinda...pointless. No offense.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So were discussing whether or not a fictional character would have done well of he were real? Seems kinda...pointless. No offense.
None taken. It's no different to talking about possible gimmicks people would like to see or what if so and so did "x" in a certain situation. It's just hypothetical and silly and a way to pass some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts