Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,935 Posts
No, but I can see why they'd do it. Since Savage would be the obvious headliner, but since he won't be there to speak it won't have the same feeling.
That is honestly how I see it.

Besides, there have been occasions when two mega headliners were inducted together. If you induct Savage and Rock together, it would be like Eddie Guerrero and Bret Hart going in together: both were big enough to be the headliner of almost any HOF ceremony, but because one had died and the other was a legend (in this case, the inactive "legend" is the one who died, the guy still with at least a toe in the business is still around and is actually going to wrestle at this next WM), it wasn't the same as inducting them together anyway.

The year before, 2005, the HOF inducted both Roddy Piper and Hulk Hogan. Talk about two massive names being inducted together!

I just don't see what's wrong with inducting two mega legends together, especially in a case like this, where one of them won't actually be there because they have tragically left the earth.

I'm surprised people don't see it this way. Isn't it worth the $$$ to see at least two big legends go in? It's understandable that it can't work that way every year, but it should be a basic template to follow.

2013, should Wrestlemania XXIX take place in Toronto, would assuredly see both Trish Stratus and Edge go in together. In that case, one's a diva--the biggest of them all in the recent 'era'--and the other is a male wrestler. If you can divide the two big names in such ways as that, great, but if you can't, well, there's always the 2005 precedent of Hogan/Piper together to say the least, and more than that if you dig a little deeper.

I say, induct them together and say that they are both headliners. Induct Savage halfway through the ceremony and get the crying out of the way. Take a short intermission, complete the ceremony and end on a positive high note with Rock.

Having said that, though, if they want to delay, say, Rock until WM 30 in NYC, I could at least understand that, but WM 30's headline inductee could be Triple H or someone else altogether. Actually, come to think of it, two big guys who could go in together in NYC in a couple of years would be Mick Foley and Triple H. Foley because he grew up near there and got to MSG any way he could as a wrestling fan and Triple H because NYC and MSG has always been a huge part of his career, perhaps none so more than the Street Fight with Foley at Royal Rumble 2000, which was a clear cut case of a match definitively creating a new legitimate star.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Don't know why people are saying Savage should get his own individual year. You can't have Savage be the headliner when he's dead. Leaping Lanny isn't going to put any butts in the seats. After Eddie died (not that Eddie was as big as Savage) they still had to have Bret be the headliner because Eddie obviously couldn't speak. It doesn't have the same affect when the person isn't there to give a speech. They don't necessarily have to induct The Rock with Savage though, but they need another headliner that will be present. Possibly Edge? Might be too soon idk.

If Rock goes in this year.

I see Edge going in next year.

Taker going in at WM30 and maybe the E can somehow get Bruno to go in as well with Taker. Doubtful though. Could also see Vince going in at WM 30 or even this year if he REALLY steps away on-screen and it isn't just part of an angle.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Nothing wrong with both of them going in next yr.I just wish Vinnie Mac would'nt hold grudges cause I believe that alone kept Macho Man out for many yrs,I know they say he had relations with steph and Piper said it was a slap on Vinces face but either way Macho was huge and fans wanted to hear him do that promo(speech) at the Hall of Fame probably would've been the best one ever with The Rock speaking and Macho speaking if he was alive...RIP MACHOMAN

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I doubt The Rock goes in 2013 as Mania is almost certain to be in Toronto. I say Edge and Stratus go in next year.
I don't understand why it is so important for someone to be inducted into The Hall of Fame because it is in their hometown as surely being inducted is enough of an honour on its own anyway. With The Rock already main eventing WrestleMania 28 against John Cena in what is the biggest match since Rock/Hogan a decade before there is no need for The Rock to also be inducted into The Hall of Fame the night before as well. Randy Savage on the other hand was only behind Hulk Hogan as a genuine star in wrestling and only behind Ric Flair as an in ring performer at that time as well and should have been inducted many years ago.

If it were down to me i would induct Randy Savage at WrestleMania 28 seeing as he was also from Florida and have him as the big name inductee whilst also inducting Arn Anderson as well as one of the smaller names they also induct at the same time. I know people will say Randy Savage can not be there so it is possible to induct both like they did with Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero but Eddie Guerrero died whilst an active member of the roster and was nowhere near the same level in star power as Randy Savage or Bret Hart despite what some people will claim. WWE could get Lanny Poffo also known as The Genius to induct his brother Randy Savage and do the speech which would be the right thing to do and then induct The Rock next year at WrestleMania 29 or even WrestleMania 30 because at 38 years old is still younger than people like Triple H, The Undertaker, Kane, Mark Henry, The Big Show, Chris Jericho and R-Truth who are still on the roster so there is no rush.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don't understand why it is so important for someone to be inducted into The Hall of Fame because it is in their hometown as surely being inducted is enough of an honour on its own anyway. With The Rock already main eventing WrestleMania 28 against John Cena in what is the biggest match since Rock/Hogan a decade before there is no need for The Rock to also be inducted into The Hall of Fame the night before as well. Randy Savage on the other hand was only behind Hulk Hogan as a genuine star in wrestling and only behind Ric Flair as an in ring performer at that time as well and should have been inducted many years ago.

If it were down to me i would induct Randy Savage at WrestleMania 28 seeing as he was also from Florida and have him as the big name inductee whilst also inducting Arn Anderson as well as one of the smaller names they also induct at the same time. I know people will say Randy Savage can not be there so it is possible to induct both like they did with Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero but Eddie Guerrero died whilst an active member of the roster and was nowhere near the same level in star power as Randy Savage or Bret Hart despite what some people will claim. WWE could get Lanny Poffo also known as The Genius to induct his brother Randy Savage and do the speech which would be the right thing to do and then induct The Rock next year at WrestleMania 29 or even WrestleMania 30 because at 38 years old is still younger than people like Triple H, The Undertaker, Kane, Mark Henry, The Big Show, Chris Jericho and R-Truth who are still on the roster so there is no rush.
Well said, I would like to see Diamond Dallas Page induct Randy, I think that could be a potential choice, and Lanny along with Randy's wife and mother can accept

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
randy savage ok.
but wtf the rock?
he is still young!
cmon esti
You need a history lesson. History shows that there are ZERO qualifications for the WWE HOF, which is one of the main reason it's a joke of a Hall of Fame.

Savage and Rock will get inducted because Savage is dead. If Savage had not died, who knows when we would see him in the WWE HOF.

·
Ted the Moth
12,867 Posts
To whoever asked: because there ain't no crowd like a hometown crowd. Not only that, the significance for the inductees themselves is heightened. Rock/Savage 2012 Miami and Edge/Stratus 2013 Toronto sounds very fitting indeed. although it still feels incredibly weird to talk about Edge going into the hall of fame...

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
2014? The Rock is gonna be inducted in either Miami, Los Angeles, or New York. He's not going to get inducted in some wack ass city with a lackluster crowd. No chance of that happening.

·
Registered
109 Posts
2014? The Rock is gonna be inducted in either Miami, Los Angeles, or New York. He's not going to get inducted in some wack ass city with a lackluster crowd. No chance of that happening.
Well, in 2014 I'm certain WM will be in New York so I can definitely see The Rock getting inducted there. Don't forget it's WrestleMania

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Yeah..I was getting my dates mixed up but NY would work.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts