Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realise they probably want the same same numbers active in Nexus as Corre and a punt is the classic Orton move to halt careers for a while (e.g Jericho) but there are a few issues with Mondays RAW punt:

1. The whole build up was like 5 mins... Husky could of just rolled out of the ring or Nexus could of run down in that time?
2. Husky happened to have enough strengh to squat into position but not enough in 5 mins to roll out?

I realize it's a PG show now but even little kids could see how fake and scripted that was, despite the over dramatic commentary at least try make it slightly belivable.

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
:avit: i don't care in the slightest about the new nexus.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is so much in wrestling that is as fake as this, I choose to ignore it for the sake of my enjoyment.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well, ur argument is a tad weird. He was getting up from a finisher, which is supposed to take u out for a count of three (kayfabe), sometimes KO u, it could be argued that he wasn't quite sure what had happened. He's trying to get his bearings and wasn't aware of wat was going on around him. Generally, no one sticks around till u wake up after knocking u out.

Nexus didn't run down and chase Orton off immediately b/c they were trying to show dominance by forcing him to walk away out of fear of them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
harris should of stayed flat on the mat until after cm punk came down, i mean was it that hard ? idk if it was his fault or creative but that was the most fake shit ive seen in awhile

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I think you Universe kidsshould have special tags on your usernames :lmao jk

/maybe

Honestly, why do you watch? We all know its scripted, you knew it would happen that way, so why complain? As a previous poster said, suspend your belief.

Unless...*gasp*

Reactions: TKOW

·
Premium Member
12,236 Posts
I didn't even read the first post. It's wrestling, mate. No point in wasting time getting annoyed over this sort of thing, believe me. :)

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
The fuck is it with people bringing up the PG rating for things that have absolutely nothing to do with PG?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I realize it's fake and scripted but if these guys are getting paid 50 000 upwards per show appearance they could at least try some believable acting. The actual punt kick seemed fake tooth way the camera panned.

By the way @ the body video it's funny but although wrestling is scripted and acted the actual training is real, not easy getting a body or doing some of the high flying stuff I guess.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I realize it's fake and scripted but if these guys are getting paid 50 000 upwards per show appearance they could at least try some believable acting. The actual punt kick seemed fake tooth way the camera panned.

By the way @ the body video it's funny but although wrestling is scripted and acted the actual training is real, not easy getting a body or doing some of the high flying stuff I guess.
$50k UPWARDS? Per show? These guys work 4 shows a week, on average, going off a Punk interview I read recently. That's over $10m per year basic appearance rate by my calculations and your generous figure. If you're referring to Husky Harris in that sentence, then congratulations, that's the most insane thing I've ever read.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Why do people punch Taker on the top rope?
Why do people fall between the ropes only when Rey Mystero is involved?
Why do people try to punch Hogan when he goes superman?

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I think you're nitpicking... and the nitpicking you've chosen to do is not worth the effort it takes to discuss.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts