Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
1st off, there's a 1st for everything.
2nd off, Orton gets a bigger crowd reaction then Cena with all cheers, no boos.
3rd off, well I kinda agree with you on the mad man gimmick appearing on the commercials and all that.
4thly, SCSA was a mad man and he was the #1 face in the company just like Orton walks around RKOing people, Austin walked around stunning people, hell before the Rumble in 98, after every match he would come out and stunner every competitor. The only difference is Austin didn't act like he was having a seizure before he did it.
Stone Cold Steve Austin came through at a time when it was cool to be rebellious and anti authoritive but even more than that was Stone Cold Steve Austin was just so great you couldn't dislike him even as a heel as we saw in 2001 when WWE messed up badly by turning him, no one really took Stone Cold Steve Austin seriously as a coward heel because of how he had been booked for the previous four years.

Randy Orton whilst being booked in a slightly similar way of being a loner who will just as likely attack a face as a heel isn't anywhere near the same level as Stone Cold Steve Austin and never will be and before anyone says anything i am a Randy Orton mark and have long said that upon his return in late 2008 up until his scandalous loss to Triple H at WrestleMania 25 was by far the hottest star in wrestling anywhere in the world but he isn't Stone Cold Steve Austin and trying to portray him as such in this current era is completely crazy.

The reality is that if Randy Orton is Stone Cold Steve Austin version 2.0 then it would make John Cena the second coming of The Rock as they are as similar in characteristics as Randy Orton and Stone Cold Steve Austin with John Cena being the comedic, over the top but serious when needed style face but we don't see many John Cena and The Rock are similar threads. Whilst i fully believe that John Cena and Randy Orton are the two biggest star's of this and undoubtably the next era in the same way Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock were in their era that is where the similarity ends.

These Austin and Orton comparisons are stupid. They have two different gimmicks. Austin was the no ass kissing redneck. Orton is a crazy man.
This.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I think Orton is very talented if not very charismatic on the mic. He does have ring charisma to make up for that, in my opinion. He can do gestures and movements in the ring that make the crowd really pop... and that's a very nice talent to have.

Orton is probably my favorite WWE wrestler right now and I used to love it when he lost as a heel but for selfish reasons. I would love to see the panic and fury that would hit the board after a PPV loss by Orton. People would get so mad they seemed like they were in danger of being ill simply because he lost.

I found that to be extremely entertaining to watch/read on here.

Yes, exactly. I wouldn't ever rate him as one of my favourite mic talkers, ring competitors or even characters, but he just has something that keeps me interested in him and that's what's really important in pro wrestling. He has almost as many moves that make people mark as AJ has when he's face, which is an incredible feat, in my opinion it's because he makes all his moves look big and impactful.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I don't think we'll have to worry about this because Cena will probably not turn heel in the foreseeable future.

But one thing is for sure, if Cena did turn heel he would actually be able to be a heel unlike Orton who failed as a heel. Cena would pull it off.
:eek:

LC, I'm officially disappointed. :no:

:p

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
Come on Samee, I went into further detail. :p

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Come on Samee, I went into further detail. :p
Pffft!
You think I'm gonna take that detail into consideration with my condemnation of you? I'm just gonna take one part of your post out of context and ignore all the other logical stuff you've said just like 99.9% of this forum does to each other.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Samee, you've revealed yourself to much! You're supposed to be ignorant white trash like everyone else on those boards :p

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
For sell?

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
All they have to do is throw a button-up dress shirt on Orton & let him do the talk-show rounds. There's no reason why he couldn't represent the company well. This isn't the Orton of 2005 we're talking about. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't destroyed any hotel rooms or dropped any loads in handbags lately. He's matured. And I'd suspect he has a decent enough sense of humor.

Beyond that, I don't see Cena going heel any time soon anyway. Oh, and by the way, Paul Wight's your best bet for a solid, all-around entertaining guy anyhow. But I doubt that's going to translate into a run as their "number one" babyface.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
^^ To your point, he made an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2004 before Taboo Tuesday, and he did a great job. He definitely has the ability to represent well.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
You tryna I say I look like shit? Racist motherfucker. :frustrate
NO, I meant it only for brown people that act like white trash! I actually once fell in love with a beatiful brown skinned egyptian girl...I don't discriminate against colour, only against retardism! You have all the right to be just as proud of your brown skin as Sheamus has of his pale white skin. I fall somewhere in the middle cause compared to Sheamus I'm black :p

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
NO, I meant it only for brown people that act like white trash! I actually once fell in love with a beatiful brown skinned egyptian girl...I don't discriminate against colour, only against retardism! You have all the right to be just as proud of your brown skin as Sheamus has of his pale white skin. I fall somewhere in the middle cause compared to Sheamus I'm black :p
Mate, I was kidding.

Funny to see you get all deep about how beautiful my skin is and how I should be proud of it though. Some thought-provoking stuff man. 8*D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Orton was a good heel when he was cheating his way around with Legacy but even then his in ring presence just makes you love him.
He is not having a lot of mic time but i suppose this is partly because of his "no bullshit-serious-mental" persona. I am pretty sure he could provoke a lot of boos with the right script but it would ruin his gimmick if he suddenly started dishing the fans like Punk or Jericho. His persona works better with cheating or bullying ... not with the mic.

as for Orton as top face? it definitely can be done .... just a minor tweak with his gimmick and there you go. Not mental anymore, just bad-ass and without any friends/allies in the WWE. It is just up to the WWE creative to do it right (this is the hardest part) ... people evidently like Orton whether he is a heel or a face. The guy works matches like so few do today. He may not be high-flying but he knows how to take a beating and definitely knows how to deliver one.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Orton was a good heel when he was cheating his way around with Legacy but even then his in ring presence just makes you love him.
He is not having a lot of mic time but i suppose this is partly because of his "no bullshit-serious-mental" persona. I am pretty sure he could provoke a lot of boos with the right script but it would ruin his gimmick if he suddenly started dishing the fans like Punk or Jericho. His persona works better with cheating or bullying ... not with the mic.

as for Orton as top face? it definitely can be done .... just a minor tweak with his gimmick and there you go. Not mental anymore, just bad-ass and without any friends/allies in the WWE. It is just up to the WWE creative to do it right (this is the hardest part) ... people evidently like Orton whether he is a heel or a face. The guy works matches like so few do today. He may not be high-flying but he knows how to take a beating and definitely knows how to deliver one.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Mate, I was kidding.

Funny to see you get all deep about how beautiful my skin is and how I should be proud of it though. Some thought-provoking stuff man. 8*D
I was kidding aswell...I have no problem with any skin colour whatsoever so I was only trying to promote my goat lifestly, where the only superior race is goat regardless of the race. And don't call me a racist, cause until you have a big pair of horns and a big goatbeardie you're automatically inferior to them. Now I don't have the horns, but I have a goatbeard so I am automatically halfgodlike. I am still trying hard nto figure how to get the horns though.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I was kidding aswell...I have no problem with any skin colour whatsoever so I was only trying to promote my goat lifestly, where the only superior race is goat regardless of the race. And don't call me a racist, cause until you have a big pair of horns and a big goatbeardie you're automatically inferior to them. Now I don't have the horns, but I have a goatbeard so I am automatically halfgodlike. I am still trying hard nto figure how to get the horns though.
I'm getting a bit worried by your fondness of goats..

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I can't help but love them. They are the cutest and at the same time most evil beeing on earth. How can you not love goats!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts