Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing Randy excels at in wrestling is his impeccable acting skills. His Viper run from 2007 onwards had me sold that he really is the sadistic fuck he plays on TV. His heel run was that good. Now, this isn't a call to turn Randy heel, he is beyond that at this point and given the reactions he's getting it'd be silly to turn him.

Randy's character at the moment is sucky. He's a bland, boring face that rarely ever talks and seems to show no emotion. Given that he lost his title tonight to impossible, unfair odds, I would like to see that edge come back to his character.

Maybe they could turn him into a psychopath sort face, give him more mic time and utilise his awesome ability to act and put on great facial expressions. Just 'cause he's face, doesnt mean he needs to be a bitch. I think it'd work well given the circumstances of him just losing his title. His reaction after Miz beat him was amazing, as the camera gets right up in his face and he legitimately looks mad.

He should do that more often.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
That final expression he had as the show came to a close seemed to signpost him going demented again next week. Really put both Miz and himself over in that way.

You can't overdo that, it needs to be earned, but it was entirely fitting for the close of the latest Raw.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That final facial expression was the only thing that I've liked about Orton since he turned face, and thats because it was reminiscent of his heel run.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO, Randy's the best actor in the WWE
Yeah, you're probably right here, his facial expressions and body mannerism's are second to none, but he hasn't showcased any of his acting ability during his face run.

Hopefully the events of tonight reshape his character.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Hopefully this means that Orton will revert back to his heel ways and be more subtle and psycho. He was MUCH better that way. He also needs to stop fucking hugging Cena!

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Even though I'm a huge Orton mark I've been rooting for him to lose the belt ever since he got it. Hell, I didn't even want him to get it in the first place cos I knew it was too early and would completely kill his momentum. I know he was white-hot at the time and WWE felt they couldn't wait any longer but they should have. They've seriously hurt his character recently by 1) making him take a backseat to the whole Cena/Nexus thing and 2) having him 'soften' up. With him without the belt now they should try and get some of that old 'psycho' back into him and give him a PROPER program that he can work with.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
Even though I'm a huge Orton mark I've been rooting for him to lose the belt ever since he got it. Hell, I didn't even want him to get it in the first place cos I knew it was too early and would completely kill his momentum. I know he was white-hot at the time and WWE felt they couldn't wait any longer but they should have. They've seriously hurt his character recently by 1) making him take a backseat to the whole Cena/Nexus thing and 2) having him 'soften' up. With him without the belt now they should try and get some of that old 'psycho' back into him and give him a PROPER program that he can work with.
This completely. Orton with the belt was a bad move, because his character works so well as a predator, not the pray. He's a much better title chaser than he is holder, in his current character.

I also agree with the mistake they made in 'softening' him up. It wasn't necessarily the face turn that did that, because he had some great moments at the start of his turn that made me hopeful that they'd keep his character intact. His Cutting Edge segment earlier this year is a prime example - if I recall, he didn't say anything in that segment, but his mannerisms and expressions sold it. He looked like a fucking psycho, but the fans loved it. That's the Orton we need. Hugging Cena and smiling on the way to the ring is just so wrong.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
absolutely randy orton is better chasing the belt, this is when the viper works best, stalking his prey, and not saying much...i kinda understand the hugging of cena though, they are close friends "in real-life", so i guess randy wanted to at least aknowledge cena having a break from WWE, however short.
but hopefully randy will stop being BFF's with r-truth, the zookeeper needs to go! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts