Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guesses as to why Randy Orton was held of RAW this week?

I was assuming the "injury" excuse was kayfabe, but maybe not? I find it weird that during a time with no HHH and only quick appearances of John Cena on air, you would think Vince wouldn't want Orton off for any nights.

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe it was because he was tending to his wife after getting her feelings hurt on Twitter...

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen... with Cena fired.... HHH injured... RKO injured.... Your Main Face of RAW.... JOHN MORRISON!!! fpalm

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
What the hell was the injury they said Orton had couldn't even fathom what they said. I clearly need to google medical injuries.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
They kept him off the show to sell his injury which is weird considering he's RAW's second biggest star. Maybe Vince wanted to be complete faith in all the youth on the show and see how they would fair? Or maybe Orton does actually have a little niggle of an injury (I doubt it). Either way, keeping him off the show has left them with only 2 weeks to build him back up to face Miz at TLC.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He didn't show up in recent Raw house show either, strange huh, maybe he's legit injured? I don't follow him on twitter so perhaps those who follow him can ask him there.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I just read that he's injured and that's why Nexus attacked him, as he's been having a nagging knee injury, but he isn't expected to miss much time.

If that's true, I guess Miz should consider himself lucky, because if they didn't need to replace the champion, he would've lost his cash in, right? :rolleyes:

EDIT ~ Actually, I misquoted. I don't know how, must have been reading a different article at the same time. :confused: The article says Harris kicked him and that caused it, and he says that on Twitter, so that must be true.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
He didn't show up in recent Raw house show either, strange huh, maybe he's legit injured? I don't follow him on twitter so perhaps those who follow him can ask him there.
Well he did tweet "my kneecap was partially displaced after the kick from husky. It should be fine after the swellings down. Can barley bend it." after last week's RAW but I seriously doubt it's true.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
If Orton was there, that would've stopped the King/Miz match from happening. You can't have Miz defending the title against other guys if Orton is there ready for a rematch. That match was important, because of it being King of the Ring night. Lawler fits the theme of the night, let them hype up TLC with a championship match, and got a extremely over legend one last go on his birthday. I'm glad Orton wasn't there. He can come back next week and begin hunting Miz.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
If Orton was there, that would've stopped the King/Miz match from happening. You can't have Miz defending the title against other guys if Orton is there ready for a rematch. That match was important, because of it being King of the Ring night. Lawler fits the theme of the night, let them hype up TLC with a championship match, and got a extremely over legend one last go on his birthday. I'm glad Orton wasn't there. He can come back next week and begin hunting Miz.
Well I guess this makes sense.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Supposedly, multiple sources aside from Orton himself have said that Husky's kick was a little too effective for its own good. Orton may be out for another week, possibly two more, from now.

I think they should make a storyline out of it, as it clearly was intended to be (to an extent, at least) in the first place. If it's Orton vs. Miz at TLC, that creates a clear story. About an hour into TLC, they find Orton holding his knee backstage. Obviously Riley and Miz have gone to work on it. You can give Miz another victory over Orton without doing a thing to hurt his heat. Miz can then say that Orton's had his rematch and he'll never get another one. Obviously hold off on Orton's next shot for as long as possible, blah, blah, blah, that's how wrestling works, or at least it used to once upon a time or maybe we all just thought it did, I don't know.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Probably was a niggling knee (or somewhere else perhaps) injury, and they've cited Husky Harris's (aka my) kick as the reason he's out.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Yeah I was just looking around and it turns out Orton does actually have a problem with swelling in his knee.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I thought they would have Orton at least limp out at the end to burst Miz's bubble a little, reminding him that he is still owed a rematch... leading to a staredown or whatever, then Raw going off the air.

With Orton missing the houseshows and his knee injury being legit though, he obviously was at home resting and not even at the arena.

I hope he heals and is back on Raw next week!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts